TV Junkies

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Right now I am watching Cold Diggers on Netflix though I'm not sure if I will be able to finish it before Netflix takes it off the air on October 5th.

I mostly watch DVDs and only a few live programmes. Before my parents died I watched about an hour of TV a month. Since being alone I have watched more-a couple of hours most nights-as it is a voice in the room and is useful for when I am too tired to read or to come online. If I am not alone in future, I could live without TV easily, but on my own I find that I do need it and would feel lost without it.
At present I am watching 'The Bridge,' 'Star Trek:Enterprise' and 'The Big Bang Theory.'

I don't watch a lot of teevee, however, there are a couple of shows I just wont miss.

Strictly, & The Walking Dead.

Otherwise I don't really need a tellybox.

I rarely watch current TV shows. Reality shows just bore the hell out of me. Sitcoms like Big Bang Theory do not interest me one iota.
I prefer to watch and discover old movies, programs, etc. Anything created pre 1980 is more enjoyable to watch than modern & current programing options.
However, I did get into watching "Under The Dome", since sci-fi is a fave genre of mine.

I have the tv on most of the time, but I really don't watch much of it. Can't stand reality tv or most sitcoms, but I "listen" to shows while I'm doing stuff on the computer or doing my oddball projects. If I'm listening to something, it's usually Seinfeld, dvr'd (is that even a word?) Graham Norton and Family Guy (yeah, the child in me).

If I am watching the telly, it's 90% of the time going to be a movie.

beautiful loser said:
I have the tv on most of the time, but I really don't watch much of it. Can't stand reality tv or most sitcoms, but I "listen" to shows while I'm doing stuff on the computer or doing my oddball projects. If I'm listening to something, it's usually Seinfeld, dvr'd (is that even a word?) Graham Norton and Family Guy (yeah, the child in me).

If I am watching the telly, it's 90% of the time going to be a movie.

This is me ^ well, except for Family Guy (aside from the Narnia/Lost Socks episode, that kills me!) Graham Norton is hilarious - still have the episode with Julie Walters to watch on PVR, the two of them together should be grand.

P.S - Love your use of the word 'telly' - sure you're not secretly British? :p

I haven't bought a TV for my place and i won't ever do so. I never watch television as i find most of it either boring, fake, unreliable, or just flat out propoganda. There are things which i don't mind watching, but i can watch that on my computer as well.

Tiina63 said:
I mostly watch DVDs and only a few live programmes. Before my parents died I watched about an hour of TV a month. Since being alone I have watched more-a couple of hours most nights-as it is a voice in the room and is useful for when I am too tired to read or to come online. If I am not alone in future, I could live without TV easily, but on my own I find that I do need it and would feel lost without it.
At present I am watching 'The Bridge,' 'Star Trek:Enterprise' and 'The Big Bang Theory.'

First thing I do when I get up is put the TV on. As you mentioned, it's another voice in the room. I hate the silence. I usually put Sky Sports News on as my default channel. My Dad, when he's in, tends to watch rubbish so I either read or sit at my pc. I have loads of programs recorded but I don't get chance to watch them. I enjoy films but rarely get the chance to see any. My Dad's television habits drive me bugshit. He flicks channels every 5 minutes or watches films when they are half way thru. It's his house so I can't really say anything.

I don't understand putting the tv on to have something going on in the background when there's so much great music out there to be listened to.

That's just me though, I tend to have music playing a lot of the time-so much music so little time right?:)

I think I'm not even going to start answering this question! It's all I do with my life.

Alma lost her spoon said:
I don't understand putting the tv on to have something going on in the background when there's so much great music out there to be listened to.

That's just me though, I tend to have music playing a lot of the time-so much music so little time right?:)

Well, I listen to Pandora eight hours straight at work, so in the evening music is the last thing I want to hear. But, to each, their own.

I haven't had a tv for 3 years. I get by with Netflix, and if something I want to watch isn't on there, I use torrents.

I watch more TV shows now than I used to though this is due to Netflix. I was never into shows that much until I became a subscriber. I've watched Breaking Bad, The Shield, I'm up to date with Walking Dead and I've got a bunch more to try. They recently added the first season of Goosebumps on there too, you know the really old ones from the 90s? Gonna binge watch those for nostalgia. :p

Regarding actual televisions, I seldom watch those now apart from Match Of The Day on Saturday and Sunday. Puts me at a disadvantage because now I never know if any other good shows are being advertised.

I am a tv junkie. I like a well written drama. I post on "previously tv" to discuss them because I honestly think 1/2 the fun of watching tv is talking about it afterward. I do my best watching in bed just before I fall asleep. It seems something about having the dark. I like:

Outlander: well I think I might not like this for much longer... it is basically a romance story with some sci fi thrown in;

Red Band Society: about a bunch of kids in a hospital -- I think it is like nothing else on tv.

Selfie: Love me some John Cho

Reign: Love me some CW but I watch that for Leith and Greer

I enjoy some non drama shows too, "last week tonight" and "real time with bill Mahr.

Yeah, I'm probably a TV junkie. Lately I've been very into General Hospital and Attack On Titan; a soap opera and an anime. I like a lot of shows but those two are my main fixations right now.

I totally relate to what someone said about feeling lost without the TV (when alone). Even when I'm not watching, I need to have something familiar on. My room is depressingly quiet without it and everything feels harder, boring, more lonely and kind of pointless.

I remember youtubing anime a lot when I was in high school. Mostly for the sake of making me feel better and less lonely. I quit doing that about a year ago, but I'm still thinking of buying DVDs of the anime that I watched.

i'm a music junkie 1st...i spend my working and driving hours listening to pandora...

tv junkie for the few waking hours in the evenings...

vikings
game of thrones
the walking dead
american horror story
boardwalk empire

to name a few...

Yep definitely! I'm not really into reality TV but I love sci-fi, science docs, anything about murders, comedy panel shows. As others have said, the first thing I do is put the TV on when I get home. But then I live alone and after the first few 'arr arroo roo roo's' conversations I have with my dog, I need a bit of noise going on.

I can't bear silence in my house. Not noise so to speak, but I need 'something' in the background, be it TV or music. I only like silence if I am outside.

I'm diligent in downloading my soap (I'm a British expat so have to download 90% of my fave shows)

Latest posts

Back