TV Show's you love...

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ste_lla said:
I'll make sure to check some of these shows :p
I'd start with Only Fools, it's a little old now but is without a doubt the best comedy writing to come out of the UK. The characters are are brilliant (anyone who has lived in London knows a Delboy or two) and the story-lines are often very sincere and heartfelt.

Father Ted is also a little old but is also the best comedy writing to come out of Ireland. Deals with a lot of the Irish attitude to religion in a completely mad and bazaar way.

I may be a little biased, I was born in London but have an Irish passport. Still, they both hold a very special place in the publics hearts over here.

Cowboy Bebop should change your views on your favorite animation. It's only 26 episodes and 1 movie but it's superb.

Serious honeysuckle
GoT
The Wire
BrBa
Six feet Under

Teen shows
Sabrina
The OC
Sweet Valley High

Sitcoms
Friends
Grounded For Life
TBBT

Animated
Ren & Stimpy
Simpsons seasons 1-12 or so.
South Park seasons 1-10 or so.
2 Stupid Dogs
Hey Arnold

Etc...

A Haunting
Adventures of Pete and Pete
American Horror Story
Are You Afraid Of The Dark?
Bates Motel
Beavis and Butthead
Daria
Doug
Everwood
Family Guy
Ghost Hunters
Guts
Marko's Modern Life
Married with Children
My So Called Life
Paranormal Witness
Ren and Stimpy
Salute Your Shorts
Skins
South Park
That 70s Show
The Twilight Zone ((original))
The X-Files
Unsolved Mysteries
Wild and Crazy Kids

Anything from Seth MacFarlane (Family Guy, American Dad etc), Bob's Burgers, The Big Bang Theory, The Inbetweeners, Ramsay's Kitchen Nightmares, Peep Show, Shameless, The IT Crowd, True Blood, Come Dine with me, Father Ted...

Shows I did watch:

Homicide: Life on the street
Seinfeld
News Radio
Cops
The Simpsons

Now, The Walking Dead...that's about it. I rarely watch TV.

Rhiannon66 said:
Walking Dead

Mystery_Man said:
Now, The Walking Dead...that's about it. I rarely watch TV.

I've heard really good things about The Walking Dead, but I have never seen it. But, I understand from some friends of mine that since I've missed so much, I'd have to start at the beginning and watch all of the seasons now just to keep up.

Oh, I love this thread! Tv is my favorite. :D My list will be quite long I think. I also have many shows in common with the rest of the posts.
Game of Thrones
Shameless
The Walking Dead
Nurse Jackie
Doctor Who
Star Trek
Breaking Bad
True Blood
Boardwalk Empire
Girls
The Big C
Veep
Dexter
United States of Tara
The Big Band Theory
How I Met Your Mother
Awkward
Desperate Housewives
Melissa and Joey
Family Guy
Portlandia
American Horror Story
Once Upon A Time
Friends
That 70's Show
Seinfeld
Curb Your Enthusiasm
Freaks and Geeks
Big Love
The Tudors
Arrested Development
Weeds
Modern Family

Skid Row 89 said:
Anything from Seth MacFarlane (Family Guy, American Dad etc), Bob's Burgers, The Big Bang Theory, The Inbetweeners, Ramsay's Kitchen Nightmares, Peep Show, Shameless, The IT Crowd, True Blood, Come Dine with me, Father Ted...

Someone else who watches The Inbetweeners lol!
I still think they should've made way more episodes

niave said:
Modern Family

I can't believe I forgot Modern Family

TheHydromancer said:
Currently I'm watching Hannibal (as in Hannibal Lector, but Hannibal's the name of the show), which I find intriguing, and although some of the episodes contain somewhat disturbing scenes, I like it.
My all-time favourite must have been the Sherlock series, of which the producers are making a third season now, I think.

Are you going to watch the other Hannibal Lector movies as well? Or have you already done so?

Ste_lla said:
ladyforsaken said:
I love Game of Thrones as well. And Big Bang Theory. I used to watch Freaks and Geeks, but do they still have new episodes? Was eons ago!

No, unfortunately they never did more episodes for Freaks and Geeks. But it was a great show and I recently re-watch it on Netflix

Aww I see. I like the Freaks and Geeks. Made me feel like I could relate in a way at times.

Oh my, how could I forget The Flight of the Conchords?!
Am I right? :D
[video=youtube]

I started watching the BBC Sherlock show last night. I like it a lot so far, a very good modern take on the original stories. Much better than that awful CBS Sherlock.

My favorites:

Dexter
Lost
Desperate Housewives
Big Bang Theory
Six Feet Under
Dawson's Creek
Sex and the City
Bones
Grey's Anatomy
Catfish

My all time favourite TV series is Scrubs. Just never remind me that there was a ninth season and I'll be fine.

I also loved Lost, but the entire last series was a complete cop out.

Buffy the Vampire Slayer was great, but I'm a bit old for stuff like that now.

Honourable mentions:

Without a Trace
Moonlighting
The Big Bang Theory
Being Erica

Edward W said:
Cavey said:
Being Erica

Yes, this was a great show. Clever and made you think about yourself sometimes, at least I did.

Aye. It's really cheesy and sentimental, but it's also what I was watching when I decided to stop letting the past influence my present, so it gets a special mention.

It's also where I stole the Goethe quote in my sig from...

Latest posts

Back