Unforgetable Moments In Your Life.

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I was on holiday in San Francisco in October 2004 and had invited my brother to come along with me...he was at a loose end in his life. We had gotten back to the city late and it was dark so...for those of you who have ever been to SF...negotiating the one way system is difficult anyway..but even worse at night.

Anyway...I pulled over to read the map and then my brother decides to get out of the car to ask a 'passer by.' Before I could tell him where we were a scantily dressed young lady happened to walk up to him...(you have guessed I hope)...and proceeded to help him with the map. He laid it out over the bonnet and she pretty much did the same lol. The look on his face was a picture...he didn't know where to look. He made his excuses...thanked her for her time...(great choice of words)...and we drove off.

Whenever I travel to the states (and it has been a while) I always take that memory with me...who needs a SAT nav.

My own personal thought...it was the same week in San Francisco...I have followed American Football since I was about 12...so around 25 years and had always to go and see a game. I booked the tickets, got a flight and spent the week in SF. On the Sunday I woke at 7am and excitedly waited to catch the bus to go to Candlestick Park where they played.

I entered the stadium and walked up the outside stairwell 90 minutes before kickoff...at this point I didn't realise that my brother had stopped walking and let me go on my own.

I walked through an entrance to the seats and stood there in utter awe of what was in front of me. I had never expected that I would ever go there and I was there. I had tears dripping from my eyes behind my shades and it was the most perfect moment ever. I had achieved a life time ambition...and have been back around 5 times since...and the feelings are always the same.

I even went to see us play in Jacksonville so how cool is that.

I don't really have many moments I would call unforgetable that were good. But when I was recognized for having had the highest batting average in Puerto Rico's Coliceba baseball league, it felt real special. It felt good I'd earned that, and it felt alot better than being "valedictorian" in 8th grade (that just made me feel nerdy).

Latest posts

Back