Unfriended

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have been excluded from a lot of things. I have tried to be friendly. They all seem to have no problem hitting me up for money when there is a need though. I have contributed to all their things over the years. Oh, we are taking up a collection for Aunt Edna's bunionectomy, etc. Fine, i have gladly donated to all kinds of things. But, when my mom died, i didn't even get so much as a card from anyone that i work with. And, they are always yakking about planning a picnic, etc which i have never been invited too. My position is different from theirs and my position would also be considered on a higher level so maybe i am not part of the trenches so to speak. I don't really know. But, it is hurtful. I have considered working elsewhere but this job works very well for my family with the hours and pay. I do work elsewhere as i have picked up some other occasional work and seem to get along very well in other places, so not sure. I guess it doesnt' matter, it is what it is.

delledonne11 said:
I have been excluded from a lot of things. I have tried to be friendly. They all seem to have no problem hitting me up for money when there is a need though. I have contributed to all their things over the years. Oh, we are taking up a collection for Aunt Edna's bunionectomy, etc. Fine, i have gladly donated to all kinds of things. But, when my mom died, i didn't even get so much as a card from anyone that i work with. And, they are always yakking about planning a picnic, etc which i have never been invited too. My position is different from theirs and my position would also be considered on a higher level so maybe i am not part of the trenches so to speak. I don't really know. But, it is hurtful. I have considered working elsewhere but this job works very well for my family with the hours and pay. I do work elsewhere as i have picked up some other occasional work and seem to get along very well in other places, so not sure. I guess it doesnt' matter, it is what it is.

This is why I do not socialize with coworkers. Not one bit. I may be friendly, but I am not their friend.

Well, i guess there is my view of how i wish the world was and how it really is. Two different things. For the most part, i have a very happy life. I am very grateful for my spouse and children. I have a job that pays well and a nice career. I am also very involved in the community and help coach elementary kids. So, i have plenty on my plate. But, there is always a nagging feeling that i just will never fit in anywhere the way i hoped to fit in.

delledonne11 said:
Well, i guess there is my view of how i wish the world was and how it really is. Two different things. For the most part, i have a very happy life. I am very grateful for my spouse and children. I have a job that pays well and a nice career. I am also very involved in the community and help coach elementary kids. So, i have plenty on my plate. But, there is always a nagging feeling that i just will never fit in anywhere the way i hoped to fit in.

The people that "fit in" best at work are often: the gossiper, the backstabber, the suckup, the blackmailer, etc.

If you don't fit in with the workplace crowd, continue to be pleasant and genuinely friendly while silently wearing it as a badge of honor.

I used to get my feelings hurt too when people unfriend me, but these days I don't really care anymore.

I hardly let anyone in these days, so people rarely get to hurt me anymore.

I feel your same pain and anger, OP. I was unfriended while I was in college by three people. These were people who were close to me, and "supposedly" made friendship with me when I transferred to the 2nd college I've attended.

Low and behold, when I came back from winter break, the two guys and two girls I hung out with, because they helped me to get acquainted to the new college I was attending, gave me cold shoulders. Then I realized, after arguing with one of the two girls, that they all decided to dump me.

My last senior semester may have been only five months (this was two years ago). But it was a long and slow agonizing five months as these pricks who unfriended me, also talked sh-t about me to others, and literally, I was outcasted and pariah-ed.

I love how people that deleted you for one reason or another then you run into them somewhere down the line pretending they haven't seen you centuries. The conversation along the lines...

Some idiot:Hey man good to see how you been
Me:Fine
Some idiot:Are you on Facebook?
Me:Yes, you deleted me.
Some idiot:I did? I'm so sorry! I think I accidentally deleted you or I created a new Facebook and I forgot to add you.

Yeah yeah you go now.

Although I totally get the occasional wave of "unfriend random people I have no contact with or desire to stay in touch with" on Facebook, it seems weird to delete a colleague that you'll continue to see almost daily. I would never do that until at least a few months after leaving that workplace.

I've experienced being deleted by someone I thought were a friend that I got along well with, for no apparent reason. Though we were never close, so it was mostly confusing and I can't say I was terribly upset about it, it did sting a little bit. Makes you wonder why, and if it's because there's something wrong with you.

After I moved away from a place, I had a friend delete me.... I THOUGHT we were really good friends... we hung out a lot... I was one of the very few people to visit her in the hospital... I was there for her! then BAM, she wanted me outta her life for some reason.... I even messaged her and asked her why, and I never got a response... still don't know what happened to this day..... hurt for a long time... but it's whatevs...... I have since deactivated my FB... it's better that way.....

I have a facebook and usually use it to criticize the crazies on social media LOL!
I tend to get banned every week or so. I'll say one f*ck too many and someone will get pissy.
Facebook is a facilitator. It isn't life. Besides my family members and maybe three people on it, all of my 130 or so friends I'm never going to see again until we're all dead.

Facebook is a great place to waste time. Because that's what it is usually, a waste of time. When I spend 30 mins on it I remember I could have used that time to do something important. Like read a book ;-)

A little bit different but last night I was talking with a mate of mine and he added me to this Facebook groupchat. This morning I saw that the one of the girls in that group had taken me out lol...

Latest posts

Back