Unhelpful phrases said by people to try and make us feel better.

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Twitchy said:
((cheaptrickfan))

Thank you.

Minus said:
It seems that you ran across a different breed then i did. The ones i dealt with had no real faith or beliefs but resorted to such comment apparently out of a lack of anything else to say. Yes it still hurt when you are told that you are suppose to be rejoicing.

It was a mixed-bag. Certainly there were a few people who blindly groped for anything to say and came up with those platitudes, but there were a few people who really meant it, and one who used the entire situation as an opportunity for her to "witness" me.

cheaptrickfan said:
No, trust me. People said it to me to let me know that I should not waste my time with grieving; rather, I should GIVE THANKS TO GOD for challenging me

Thats unfortunate. Christianity is littered with people who do not possess a correct understanding of the Bible. If what you say is true, then I would certainly suggest you ignore whatever those people have to say to you.

God expects you to seek him out for comfort during the hard times in your life. He doesn't want you to thank him for it, because he does not place hardships upon people.

"You cant live (peacefully) by denying God."

Seriously, it pisses me off BIIGGGG TIMMEEEE and the ones who say it most are my parents.

SophiaGrace said:
I'm sorry as well...

Thanks, hon.

Coverage said:
Thats unfortunate. Christianity is littered with people who do not possess a correct understanding of the Bible. If what you say is true, then I would certainly suggest you ignore whatever those people have to say to you.

It has gotten easier for me to ignore the comments, but it's been because I have had to grow a thicker skin, and not because people have ceased saying them. So, in effect, it's on me. Most of the time I feel that I have to keep the peace, so I basically just STFU and seethe quietly if it bugs me.

Sanal said:

Seriously, it pisses me off BIIGGGG TIMMEEEE and the ones who say it most are my parents.

Oh yeah, I have a few of those relatives, from both ends of the Church: Catholic and Southern Baptist. *sigh*

Phrases that piss me off (and don't offer anything constructive), plus the excuse followed by them:

"Get over it."
"Get over yourself."

Excuse:
"I'm just giving you tough love."

I detached myself from the people that told me these things. The phrases didn't even offer one bit of insight or anything nearly constructive.

Sanal said:

Sooooo...you're pissed...you are not peaceful...and you deny god....seems they were right ;) j/k

awesome thread CAS! i hate all those stupid cliches, too. My favorite one is "just do it." give me a break.

It's not whether I'm peaceful or not. It's that they say I can have a peaceful life by not denying God and thats just ridiculous lol :p

hahahahahaaaa...how about if i just do the Good Orderly Directions?
God dosn't expect me to do honeysuckle...God expect nothing of me.
It's still free will wheather I belive in god or not.

I can have peace in my life becuase it's my choice or of my own free will wheather I belive in GOD or not.
If god wants to come alone for a ride...then god it's god's chioce too. :p

If there is a god...then why would I have to seek god out...God is not lost....after all if there is a GOD..God better not be fucken lost.lol
If there is a god...then why the fresia would god play games of hide and seek with me...that's retarded.
If there is a god...God wouldn't be separated from me to make honeysuckle all fucken complicated
And how in the fresia can god be out of my life...if there is a god...After all, isn't GOD everything?
God is the alpha and the omega...GOD is everything. So if that's true...wouldn't I be a part of GOD already?

If there is a GOD...GOD better fucken UNDERSTAND. After all..GOD KNOWS EVERYTHING and have all the answers that's way
beyound my comprehension...IF GOD dosn't undersrtand me...That would be a retarded god.
After all...that's what makes GOD...GOD. GOD has unlimited love, understanding, knowlege and power.

Well...if god be holding out on me or I have to earn GOD's LOVE...Then that would be a selfish, selfcenter, manipulating
controling fucken god. And i don't need a fucken threatening brimstone , hell fire and impending doom of a god to keep
me living in fucken feaRS of going to hell...

If god is LOVE... Then show me some love and give me some love GOD...
Please don't make me go looking for love...That's the samething as me looking for love from pyscho bitches in my life.
I'll be seeking...seeking..seeking for love. It's a fresia up habit to be developing.
If God's strength is perfect in my weakness. Well honeysuckle...fucken help me already. Stop ******* around because I'm really, really tired now.

I can make my own fucken hell...I don't need god's help doing that. Thank you very fucken much :p

Opps...I got off track...god understands me if other poeple dosn't..lol

Unhelpful restarded phrase....She's in heaven, She's with god, She didn't died she just went to a better place, She's watching over you. She's your angle.
mmmm... that last i check...she's still fucken deader then a fucken door knob and she's not jumping out of her grave to come back and love me anytime soon.

Dear god...send me a super model to love me like I needed to be loved...Please !!!!!
I ma be your child...that would make me really fucken happy... You gave Adam..Eve.
Well fresia me with a screw driver..I must be your fucken neglected child and less derserving or some BS...if you don't.
Oh ****...now i ma have jealousy issues...wtf.

Dear GOD why in the fresia did you have to take her?
I asked a simple straighter forward question...why won't you give me answers?
Oh ...i won't understand....Thanks alot...thanks for insulting me

Lonesome Crow said:

I can have peace in my life becuase it's my choice or of my own free will wheather I belive in GOD or not.

If there is a god...then why would I have to seek god out...God is not lost....after all if there is a GOD..God better not be fucken lost.lol
If there is a god...then why the fresia would god play games of hide and seek with me...that's retarded.
If there is a god...God wouldn't be separated from me to make honeysuckle all fucken complicated
And how in the fresia can god be out of my life...if there is a god...After all, isn't GOD everything?
God is the alpha and the omega...GOD is everything. So if that's true...wouldn't I be a part of GOD already?

If there is a GOD...GOD better fucken UNDERSTAND. After all..GOD KNOWS EVERYTHING and have all the answers that's way
beyound my comprehension...IF GOD dosn't undersrtand me...That would be a restarded god.
After all...that's what makes GOD...GOD. GOD has unlimited love, understandingi, knowlege and power.

Well...if god be holding out on me or I have to earn GOD's LOVE...Then that would be a selfish, selfcenter, manipulating
controling fucken god..lmao And i don't need a fucken threatening brimstone , hell fire and impending doom of a god to keep

I can make my own fucken hell...I don't need god's help doing that. :p

So you say that you dont believe in GOD?

I'm amused seeing how many times you mentioned "God" in your post lol

Sanal said:
Lonesome Crow said:

beyound my comprehension...IF GOD dosn't undersrtand me...That would be a restarded god.
After all...that's what makes GOD...GOD. GOD has unlimited love, understandingi, knowlege and power.

controling fucken god..lmao And i don't need a fucken threatening brimstone , hell fire and impending doom of a god to keep

I think half of anything lonesome says is for our amusement :p

I never pay attention to other peoples advice when it is in the form of a simple and vague saying. Most people who say these things don't really think about what it means, it just comes out.

But I do value proper, articulated advice that is aimed at my unique problem. But not many people can actually do that. It's so much easier to preach a quote and then pat yourself on the back for helping.

SophiaGrace said:
Sanal said:
Lonesome Crow said:

After all...that's what makes GOD...GOD. GOD has unlimited love, understanding, knowlege and power.

I think half of anything lonesome says is for our amusement :p

WTF?!?....man
Progress not perfection

Would you rather have me go back to my old ways of writting
"FUCKEN *****" all the time :)

I belive in a Higher Power of sort....
KInd of like the power of the pussy. If I stay plug in, it's heavenly :p

Seriuosly though...
I work the 12 step program...and there's steps in there about god and stuff.
It's a spritual program not a religious program.
Turning my will and life over to a GOD of my understanding..as stated in step #3....
(A god of my understanding) is a very important element...It's this principles that I apply in other area of my life.
I don't understand god the way my parents, children, families, friends, minister, or the fucken POPe undestands god. It's okay.
Working step #3 is like FREEDOM at the core. It relieves me of the guilt, shame, judgements, control or manipulations.
It's an awarness of being OK with ME. Once I'm aware of that...my self esteem or self worth increase.
Self acceptence. I'm no longer is compeled to do anything. I'm able to stand on my own two feet as a person.
It's relationship building...wheather I build a relationship with a LOVING GOD that loves me unconditionally (if I chose too)
or I build a relationship within myself ( HigherSelf). I apply the principle of unconditional love within myself...
I stop condeming myself for making mistakes. I forgive myself for making mistakes. I beliving in myself as I belive in god.
SO..it's kind of like having a person Jesus...mmmm what the fresia would my higherself do?
I stop judging myself. Once I apply these principles within myself...it becomes natrual that it expand outward from with in.
Then bacailly it's relationship building with other human beings...A loving and healthy relationship.lol
Some people would say...it's like god's love working through me...okay whatever works for them...
Then a simple slogon such as "live and let live" makes sence. I'm OK and you're OK.
The freedom that's I've allow myself...this freedom must be allow for others to belive or not belive. To live thier life anyway they chose.
I can't give them something they already have within themselves already. Poeple are going to do whatever they're going to do and they
don't need my permission...At the same tokken...I don't need the fucken POPe's or anyone else's permission to live and be happy either.

That's why some phases are retarded...my life's experince are different than other poeple's. It's my truth and reality. It's no more or less
than your reality. It's just me experince. I can share my experince, strenght and hope.
I have to be very careful what I say to people...especailly when dealing with death of a love one.
Everyone process and grieve differntly.
Sometimes it's best to not say anything..but to just let them know I care.
What rings true for me dosn't necessary ring true for others.
What constitute my awareness is not the same as your awareness...and it's okay.

And I've struggling with the God thing after Jenni's death.
Whatever my perception, belief about god or life in general had altered.
I can't put my old ideas or belief about god back to how it was...not anymore than I can bring Jenni back to life.
Poeple were telling all kinds of stuff...they had good intension..but while I was processing it..nothing that was said made fucken sense to me.
I felt very hurt and angery when she died. And people were trying to make me feel better...it's wasn't hapenning. So I isolated myself even further
away from poeple. I hardly mention Jenni's death the anyone...people that didn't know expactly what I was going through would say stupid honeysuckle,
give me advice that didn't have anything to do with anything..They bascailly thought they had me figure out without even knowing or formed
an opionion about me already.
They thought I was crying, sad or angery at my ex-gf Sherry....WRONG !!!!
You know the old saying...Don't judge a book by it's cover.

And it's ok to not belive in GOD as a Christian...there's plenty of religion in this world that dosn't belief in the concept of GOD...
The concept of a HIGHER SELF or GOD within all of us.

It bascailly come back to FREEWILL. You and i can chose to belive or not belive in anything.

Ok...so after 20 years of being divorce from my Ex-WF...She came back into my life.
She told me, she been praying for me prior to finding me.
I guess it's a mirracle in a way. She and I still love each other very much.
There's was a lot of hate and animosity in our relationship or divorce.
There's peace and love in our relationship today..It's was healing for the both of us.
Maybe that's god working our lives...IDK
The spirit of love over coming hate. It's our chioce to love or hate.
I pray for her...I praY for her highest goods.

Well...then there's also rule #62.
That's the rule that say...."Don't take yourself so god **** seriously all the time" :p

Lonesome Crow said:
WTF?!?....man
Progress not perfection

Would you rather have me go back to my old ways of writting
"FUCKEN *****" all the time :)

I belive in a Higher Power of sort....
KInd of like the power of the pussy. If I stay plug in, it's heavenly :p

But mentioning 'God' 35 times and still saying you hate him sounds bit odd lmao and you didnt use to write "fucken *****", it was "psycho *****" and of-course "fath" lmao

I did mention psycho ***** in my post..lmao

Chasing god is like chasing a pyscho *****....

Maybe god is chick..that's why i can't understand god...IDK
err...have you ever tried you figure out women? :p

lmao

ROFL damnit crow. You edited all your posts and inserted more stuff lmfaooooo

Latest posts

Back