United Kingdom?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Bluey said:
Yin said:
Bluey said:
Yin said:
Could I technically be from the UK since I was born in a former UK colony? :p

Hows that work then?
I was born in Hong Kong, at the time it was part of the UK so does that count? :D

I kinder gussied that's what you meant. Well its not like I could just jump in the car and go see you lol But ok you can be from the UK as well lol

lol YAY!
UK.gif

stella said:
punisher said:
stella said:
punisher said:
im from south wales

shocking!! me too! what part?

Cool ! Newport, what about you ?

swansea! i used to go to Newport a fair bit a few years ago to see the punk bands play in Le Pub. i used to love going there.

Thats funny, i got an apointment at morriston hospital thurs haha

punisher said:
stella said:
punisher said:
stella said:
punisher said:
im from south wales

shocking!! me too! what part?

Cool ! Newport, what about you ?

swansea! i used to go to Newport a fair bit a few years ago to see the punk bands play in Le Pub. i used to love going there.

Thats funny, i got an apointment at morriston hospital thurs haha

HAHAHA im on my way to morriston hospital now. its a small world.

Amazing when London has the biggest population of all of the UK and yet most ppl in this thread are from near London.

Don't know if that means anything in any way but it is just something that I have observed.

just out side portsmouth... way down south with all the shandy drinkers! anyone local?!

Bluey said:
Amazing when London has the biggest population of all of the UK and yet most ppl in this thread are from near London.

Don't know if that means anything in any way but it is just something that I have observed.

I think it could mean many things though I'm not sure exactly what.
The thing is that to be able to afford the big city life most Londoners are too busy working their butts off, not having time for much else. As soon as they finish work they either just want to go home and relax, or go out with co-workers or friends. This doesn't mean that there aren't any lonely Londoners. I believe there are many lonely Londoners, but they might just be too busy earning a living and therefore don't google for loneliness forums.

When you live in London you normally have a very busy lifestyle.
I would wake up at 6:30AM, catch the bus around 7:30, catch the tube train 5-10 minutes later, switch tube train, then get on a normal train and finally arrive at work with barely a minute to spare before 9:00. Then I would work until 5:00PM, often go for a quick drink with my co-workers, and do the whole travel routine back to my flat and be home sometime between 7:00PM and 9:00PM, all depending how "quick" that drink was...

So as a Londoner there isn't much time to BE lonely, but there is time to FEEL lonely, if that makes sense.
On the weekends when my boyfriend was working I had time to BE lonely, not just feel it. I had no friends there and due to the high crime levels I often didn't want to go out on my own. I lived in one of the highest crime areas in London.
Most Londoners will have friends or family to visit on the weekends, but I had neither. So I was one of the lonely ones, but only for two whole days at a time - Saturday & Sunday. Work helps for most people with tackling loneliness. And London = LOTS of work.

Latest posts

Back