Up all night cleaning

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mysis

Reaction score
So I've got this weird habit of sleeping all day, and being awake all night. This happens whenever I don't have active employment. It just seems to be my natural schedule no matter how hard I try to stay on my diurnal routine.

Then once in awhile this leads to my second strange habit of suddenly starting to clean at ridiculous hours of the night, and not stopping until the job is completely done.

So anyways... At 1am I started cooking something to eat and noticed that I don't have any room on my counters for the groceries I'd just bought earlier... So I decided I would clear out the shelves and rearrange them, throwing out anything I nor my roommate needed and trying to move some stuff from the counters to the shelves.

Of course my roommate's personal shelf is absolutely disgusting, and I find the old bag of kous kous that's been breeding moths for the last year. Of course I can't just put his stuff back on the sticky shelf, so I get some cleaners and give it a proper wash.

And of course now that the counters have more space, I'm beginning to see just how much dirt is on them. So since the cleaning supplies are out... Might as well wash those off too...

Then I notice the stove... That's pretty dirty too... I've already got the cleaning supplies out and the gloves on... So what the hell, right?

Well anyways... It's 7am... I'm still scrubbing burnt crap from the stove top... Mind you it's almost to the point of spotless... let's see... All that's left is to rearrange the appliances, clean the microwave, clean the fridge, clean the floors, and then if I clean the bathroom with the same obsessive conviction I should be done by sundown and maybe I'll get back onto a diurnal shift for awhile...

Anyways, break's almost over...

Mysis said:
So I've got this weird habit of sleeping all day, and being awake all night. This happens whenever I don't have active employment. It just seems to be my natural schedule no matter how hard I try to stay on my diurnal routine.

Then once in awhile this leads to my second strange habit of suddenly starting to clean at ridiculous hours of the night, and not stopping until the job is completely done.

So anyways... At 1am I started cooking something to eat and noticed that I don't have any room on my counters for the groceries I'd just bought earlier... So I decided I would clear out the shelves and rearrange them, throwing out anything I nor my roommate needed and trying to move some stuff from the counters to the shelves.

Of course my roommate's personal shelf is absolutely disgusting, and I find the old bag of kous kous that's been breeding moths for the last year. Of course I can't just put his stuff back on the sticky shelf, so I get some cleaners and give it a proper wash.

And of course now that the counters have more space, I'm beginning to see just how much dirt is on them. So since the cleaning supplies are out... Might as well wash those off too...

Then I notice the stove... That's pretty dirty too... I've already got the cleaning supplies out and the gloves on... So what the hell, right?

Well anyways... It's 7am... I'm still scrubbing burnt crap from the stove top... Mind you it's almost to the point of spotless... let's see... All that's left is to rearrange the appliances, clean the microwave, clean the fridge, clean the floors, and then if I clean the bathroom with the same obsessive conviction I should be done by sundown and maybe I'll get back onto a diurnal shift for awhile...

Anyways, break's almost over...

*sigh*
lol, I think I just met the male version of MYSELF. :p

I have a friend that has a similar habit. He even started cleaning my room and I tried to stop him for a number of reasons. 1 being I wouldn't be able to find stuff... sure enough there where a few things that took me a little while to find, such as my belt, which I didn't have that day at work.

cleanliness is next to godliness

but I often find when i'm bored I just clean

Sounds good to me. Keep cleaning. Brian should read this too... and then clean.

I'm like that... My sleeping pattern is messed up and I usually fall asleep at around 5amish, then I get up in the afternoons if I don't have to do anything.
I usually spend the nights rearranging things and cleaning, or I fix things that need fixing, do the laundry etc. If I'm still awake at around 7amish when my brother gets up to go to college I make breakfast and coffee and make sure he's up on time.

I wish I could keep myself organized and clean up once in a while. I am very lazy so I never really clean and my room gets pretty messy. I was never actually as messy as I am now, it seems like my messiness got worse or something.

Latest posts

Back