URGENT! Need help!

• Thread starter daughter of the moon
  • Start date
Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
D

daughter of the moon

I’m working on a powerpoint slide for work that has to be finished tomorrow around noon (preferably today). I’m kinda stuck right now. Maybe there’s the one or other person on here that has some valuable input.

I’m trying to list some advice on how to handle emotionally difficult/challenging/straining situations, especially in your work environment.

Google isn’t helping me much so far; a colleague said I should just put down advice on how to handle stress, although that isn’t exactly the same.

Like I said, right now I can’t think of too much, other than the same old “practice meditation” advice, but I’d prefer something better than that. lol

Does ANYBODY have ANY kind of helpful input?

Thank you!!

Hmm I would think that it really depends on what sort of situations they specifically are then you can kinda see what's the best way to go about dealing with them.

In general though, I think to deal with emotionally challenging situations, you need to communicate. If it's not directly to the source of the situation then to someone else who can provide you as an outlet to let you talk about it. I think that helps.

Other than that, maybe:
- avoid negative thoughts or jumping to conclusions
- keep calm
- don't make rash decisions or say things out of anger or frustration cos you might regret them, so take some time to cool down
- cooling down also gives you a clearer head to think of the solutions to your situation
- ask to clarify the issues so you can deal with it better instead of basing things on assumptions
- seek help if you really can't handle it

:S I might be too late with these information... but hope they could be a little useful for you. Good luck with the slides!

Latest posts

Back