Villagers stealing food from lions

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I agree, wow! You'd think that hunting for yourself would be easier than stealing food from freaking lions, but apparently not?

I feel bad for the lions though, they work hard for their kills and need the energy to be able to keep on hunting. :(

The lions should grow some balls and attack the villagers.
That'll teach them.

Sorry but I'm more a fan of animals than the human race xD

Well lions aren't supposed to be afraid of humans?!
And humans ARE supposed to be afraid of lions.

Has the world gone crazy?
Have the villagers been watching too much Lion King? (god I love that movie)

I say the lions should have their manes made into dreadlocks. Then they can use them as whips.
Suck on that villagers...

When you're hungry, you gotta do what you gotta do. If food were readily available there like it was here, it would put an end to the problem instantly.

Doing something like that around here would be pretty cruel and uncalled for, but over there, if I was in a situation where my family was about to die of hunger because I couldn't get food any other way, than I'm going to do whatever it takes to get food to feed my starving family.

If something doesn't get done to solve the hunger problem over there, then eventually the lions themselves are going to be the ones killed and eaten.

I have to laugh at the author talking about endangered lions going hungry as if that's the thing we should be taking issue with.

This goes to demonstrate, I think, that while our modernized society may be something of an abomination amongst the natural cycles of nature, if we are left with only ourselves in an unfriendly environment, we are not separate from the rest of the animal kingdom. Cameroon enjoys more stability and slightly more prosperity than a lot of other parts of Africa, but many of the people there still live on a strictly subsistence level. At that level of development, survival of the fittest still reigns supreme, and they are resorting to one of the tools available to them: strength in numbers.

Now, I'm all for keeping ne'er-do-wells from poaching animal populations in to extinction, and preserving rare and valuable environments such as rain forests and coral reefs. But I think in a situation like this we need to let nature take its course until such a day that those people can find another way to feed themselves. It's a process best not meddled with, in contrast to outright poaching or actual animal cruelty.

Latest posts

Back