Volunteering

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

isthatso

Trannie
Reaction score
Has anyone considered volunteering? Or do it already?
I'm a slacker for talking about it and not doing it. We have charities in Australia such as Salvation Army (salvos) and st. Vincent de Paul (Vinnie's). It's easy to get in involved. Just I procrastinate. I don't want commit , then bail out. Looks bad, quitting.
My father used to do it for 30 years, and much of that was while holding down a full time job. His kids are a selfish lot. Especially me. 😄

Has anyone considered volunteering?
Definitely considering it.
I'll hopefully be retiring in a little more than 4 years.
Need something to stay busy.
Maybe 15-20 hours a week or so volunteering?
Anyway it is something I think about.

I applied to do gardening work at the local Buddhist temple and they were keen to have me, then I had a personal setback and put it on hold, but then asked myself why I’d do someone else’s garden work when I have a tonne of my own that needs doing. I’ll have another think about it.

The main thing I want out of life - besides a romantic relationship - is being good at something I like, and being able to say that I really am the kind of person who does that thing.

So while volunteering is a good thing to do, and I'm not saying that no one should do it, at the same time, it's not really the answer I'm looking for.

Latest posts

Back