vomit now

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sci-Fi said:
I'd much rather put up with the happy people who are in a relationship than the ones who always have to post their drama on Facebook.

but if you did start a relationship would you write posts about it on Facebook ?

And post photo's ?

When I was going out with that woman last year I kept things very vague.

I don't post much on my facebook as it is. But if I was in a relationship and had pictures I liked I'd post them, sure. If I had a fun time out I'd share that, it's happy positive news. I wouldn't post overly lovey crap or what happened every second of the day. I have a friend who does that, her posts are like minutes apart. That drives me nuts.

Sci-Fi said:
I don't post much on my facebook as it is. But if I was in a relationship and had pictures I liked I'd post them, sure. If I had a fun time out I'd share that, it's happy positive news. I wouldn't post overly lovey crap or what happened every second of the day. I have a friend who does that, her posts are like minutes apart. That drives me nuts.

i know they are not doing any harm.

But it's like rubbing my nose in it.

LeaningIntoTheMuse said:
It actually makes me feel happy to see people in love, even though I never have been. Am I weird?

I wouldn't think so. I find it lovely when people get together and find happiness in each other. I'd never feel bitter about it, even if I didn't have someone, just for the simple fact that most people deserve to be happy and to be loved.

putter65 said:

That's you. Not everyone should or has to keep it vague. That was your personal preference. You could have very well decided to post pictures, but you opted not to. Not everyone has to do the same thing. People are happy about their relationship, and they have that right to show it. You don't have to look at all the pictures.

VanillaCreme said:
LeaningIntoTheMuse said:
It actually makes me feel happy to see people in love, even though I never have been. Am I weird?

I wouldn't think so. I find it lovely when people get together and find happiness in each other. I'd never feel bitter about it, even if I didn't have someone, just for the simple fact that most people deserve to be happy and to be loved.

putter65 said:

That's you. Not everyone should or has to keep it vague. That was your personal preference. You could have very well decided to post pictures, but you opted not to. Not everyone has to do the same thing. People are happy about their relationship, and they have that right to show it. You don't have to look at all the pictures.

you may be right but it's how I feel. And I am expressing myself on this forum.

Which is fine. Express whatever you feel. I'm not saying you're wrong either to feel how you do. But it's not wrong for those people either.

VanillaCreme said:
Which is fine. Express whatever you feel. I'm not saying you're wrong either to feel how you do. But it's not wrong for those people either.

no i suppose the woman is happy. It is her first relationship for awhile.

I'm like a sour puss because I did have a thing for her and what has happened to me in the last 18 months or so.

I think it varies depending on the nature of how it's all made public.

I like seeing cute couples happily existing and I don't get irritated when I see occasional pics of them cuddling or whatever on my timeline. It's pleasant to see people happy with each other.

Crucially, seeing happy decent couples like that makes me think that one day that sort of thing could happen for me too. It gives me hope.

On the other hand, I don't like it when people are just tastelessly exhibitionist. Like someone I knew who used to boastfully tweet that they were having sex with their partner mid-act!

Not only was that gross, but I thought it was also pretty demeaning to their relationship too. Equally bad are people who post up photos purely for the sake of trying to make others jealous.

So I think it's all how a couple handles themselves. I'd like to think that were I to ever have a partner, we'd be classy and keep the intimate stuff and copious photos to ourselves.

HA! I knew I would find someone else that would be irritated by this. I completely feel you on that one. People who put a profile picture of themselves making love like "look at me!! I got a girlfriend!! so fresia YOU!!" And the posts... smfh "I love my girl more than anything in the world, she is my life blah blah blah..... awww i love you too babe <3 <3 <3 <3" Annoys me more than anything. Because people like to show off and make people like us feel like honeysuckle. fresia em. Weed them out of your life.

pearl92 said:
HA! I knew I would find someone else that would be irritated by this. I completely feel you on that one. People who put a profile picture of themselves making love like "look at me!! I got a girlfriend!! so fresia YOU!!" And the posts... smfh "I love my girl more than anything in the world, she is my life blah blah blah..... awww i love you too babe <3 <3 <3 <3" Annoys me more than anything. Because people like to show off and make people like us feel like honeysuckle. fresia em. Weed them out of your life.

my page is full of crap like that. i miss you loads babes xxxx

like i said, makes me sick.

It's not photos of couples on Baitbook that bother me. It's the sheer amount of photos some people put up of themselves that can annoy me. I see most of my friends often enough. I don't need to see 1000+ photos of them online too lol.

Latest posts

Back