Vote for walrus!

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Who will you vote for?

• Walrus

Votes: 5 71.4%
  • That other thing.

Votes: 2 28.6%

• Total voters

Hijacc

Reaction score
Vote for walrus!
motivator9479261ws7.jpg

Walrus promises free cookies on Tuesdays and Fridays.

Doughnuts? I'll go for the doughnuts. Darn, but i like that walrus too.

why is it that you consider politics a joke?
politics affects your life in a very real way.

it shapes the way society is allowed to treat you, the people you elect control the army and police, and set laws that determine what you will go to jail for, or how the state will respond to your needs.

unless you live on your own island or in complete isolation, politics is important and worth discussing.

that aside i'm with Ghost
That other thing 08!

"...well-done political humor can actually educate the masses: "A good political joke deconstructs an issue using humor and satire. It has the person hearing the joke think about the hypocrisy that's being pointed out in the joke."

Full Article

jales said:

it shapes the way society is allowed to treat you, the people you elect control the army and police, and set laws that determine what you will go to jail for, or how the state will respond to your needs.

unless you live on your own island or in complete isolation, politics is important and worth discussing.

That other thing 08!

I'd just like to point out that Hijacc will not be electing anyone in this upcoming election. He's not old enough to vote. Even if he runs around screaming about one canidate or the other it won't affect the election results in the slightest.
I'm in the same boat myself, I'll be 18 a month after the election. I can't help choose the next president, but you'd never hear me say I don't care who wins. All I have to say is, if I think too seriously about it all I can see are the adults around me who I frankly don't trust to be making these decisions for me on something that will clearly affect my future.
So, just about the only thing I can do is ridicule the system in every and any way I see fit.
As for politics being worth discussing, um... last I checked this was a thread about politics. Meaning that (unless I am quite mistaken) we are currently discussing politics. And since Hijacc made this thread I think it's safe to assume that he supports the discussion of politics.
Also, I agree with Minus's article. It makes a very valid point.

jales said:

That other thing 08!

Actually even if you did live on an island and complete isolation politics would still affect you. Things like global worming and if we went to war and there was nuclear bombs going of in the world. There is no where on this planet that you could be complete isolation. After all politics is everything. Even if your discussing the prise of bread your still inavertedly discussing politics.

All though I would have to agree that humer has a big part to play in politics. I do look at most politicians as a bit of a joke. When there trying to get you to elect them there just chatting you up. Telling you what you wont to hear.

Im sorry but that other thing most def doesnt have doughnuts.
jales said:
I dont consider politics a joke im just having fun.
Minus said:
"...well-done political humor can actually educate the masses: "A good political joke deconstructs an issue using humor and satire. It has the person hearing the joke think about the hypocrisy that's being pointed out in the joke."
Thank you its like no one can take a joke. :/

GHOSTNYOURMIST said:
What! No doughnuts!:(

Just like a politician, promise us doughnuts and feed us cake.

I'll vote for Walrus and his cookies then.:D

Of course how do you know he will actually give you cookies :eek:

walrus_bucket.jpg

I will dedicate my life to helping walrus find his bucket, if we have to hunt it down to the ends of the earth he will get his bucket back and the people responsible will be punished
angry.gif

GHOSTNYOURMIST said:
Walrus wouldn't lie about the cookies, that's like saying there are dishonest politicians out there. NEVER! LOL

:club:

Dishonest politicians!

I don't believe it. lol

NeverMore said:
walrus_bucket.jpg

I will dedicate my life to helping walrus find his bucket, if we have to hunt it down to the ends of the earth he will get his bucket back and the people responsible will be punished
angry.gif

We shall one day rule...

I mean help the world! ^_^' hehehe ohhhhh

Latest posts

Back