War and other problems

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

isthatso

Trannie
Reaction score
Trigger warning suicide reference

Glad I don't live in Israel, the Gaza strip, Ukraine, Iran, Syria, Russia, North Korea, and so on .
War torn countries don't turn me on.
Then there's natural disasters. Fires, floods, hurricanes, tsunamis., and so on.
There's enough problems in the world without growing up in dysfunctional families or taking drugs, or being bullied or suffering depression.
Oh then there's poverty.
No wonder people give up and choose suicide.

Probably not a helpful, nor necessary post to make. People have lived out entire lives of survival and even thrived despite harrowing circumstances; and, there are countless books, stories, and people alive today who are doing and have done the same.

There are organizations you can donate to, at the very least. And there all kinds of people, from all walks of life, working towards peace, and understanding, on all the fronts and issues you describe.

Last edited:
Probably not a helpful, nor necessary post to make.

It can be helpful, though, if it's a discussion on how to cope with war/ethnic conflicts/foreign occupation etc. Also, considering a sizeable fraction of the world's population lives in conditions that fit OP's description, I think it's a worthy subject for a discussion. Finally, as OP themself stated, we've been properly warned.

Then there are diseases like cancer.
My wife died of ovarian cancer last year.
There are so many reasons for us to feel depressed about life.
I've been incredibly lucky myself in life. Well to live in Australia is probably the winning lottery ticket for starters.
I can feel sad for myself because I'm widowed now. But many would envy my situation of living in a safe neighbourhood in my own house. Close to receiving a generous pension.
No I'm not suicidal at all. But I imagine some people would have a very good reason to feel that way

a world unified and ruled by a global entity like the United Nations and on coherent, collective, humanistic and scientific principles could dramatically decrease many of the evils

a world unified and ruled by a global entity like the United Nations and on coherent, collective, humanistic and scientific principles could dramatically decrease many of the evils
To me that sounds like hell on earth.
Orwell's 1984 come to life.
NO THANKS!!!
I like that countries are different and autonomous.
Remember the story of the Tower of Babel?

To me that sounds like hell on earth.
Orwell's 1984 come to life.
NO THANKS!!!
I like that countries are different and autonomous.
Remember the story of the Tower of Babel?
first it must defeat Islamic fundamentalism, Russian imperialism and Asian communism

first it must defeat Islamic fundamentalism, Russian imperialism and Asian communism
Honestly I can't think of any scenario where a one world government would be a good thing.

EDIT:
And also, I have no issues with other cultures as long as they do not affect mine.
The muslims can be fundamentalist, the Chinese can be communist, etc... As long as that does not affect my life or change/affect my country.
I once had an argument with a friend of mine. I said that Christian missionaries had no right going to places like Papua New Guinea and telling/forcing the people to stop being cannibals. If they want to eat each other, that's their business. He felt it was the right thing to do because "killing and eating people is wrong". My argument is that it is wrong to us as Western Christians, but it sure wasn't wrong to the Papua New Guineans. So yeah, I am absolutely a "mutli-culturalist". People can do whatever they want in their own countries.

Last edited:
Trigger warning suicide reference

Glad I don't live in Israel, the Gaza strip, Ukraine, Iran, Syria, Russia, North Korea, and so on .
War torn countries don't turn me on.
Then there's natural disasters. Fires, floods, hurricanes, tsunamis., and so on.
There's enough problems in the world without growing up in dysfunctional families or taking drugs, or being bullied or suffering depression.
Oh then there's poverty.
No wonder people give up and choose suicide.
One of the requirements of civilization, is being civil.

Then there are diseases like cancer.
My wife died of ovarian cancer last year.
There are so many reasons for us to feel depressed about life.
I've been incredibly lucky myself in life. Well to live in Australia is probably the winning lottery ticket for starters.
I can feel sad for myself because I'm widowed now. But many would envy my situation of living in a safe neighbourhood in my own house. Close to receiving a generous pension.
No I'm not suicidal at all. But I imagine some people would have a very good reason to feel that way
Being that many people here do feel that way, I think it seems reasonable to conclude then, we can try to be welcoming, helpful, creative, comforting, compassionate, and all that we can muster, with our words, to be conscious of the fact: the suffering, hopelessness, despair, loneliness, etc..

Honestly I can't think of any scenario where a one world government would be a good thing.
it's the natural course of history to create a global consciousness followed by a universal state ... some of the greatest minds like Immanuel Kant, Bertrand Russell envisioned it .. also the positive science fiction scenarios

1. "we should all just give up and suicide"
Versus
2. "I understand people having suicidal feelings and thoughts. Life is tough"

You may think I am promoting number 1.
But actually my intention is number 2. Empathy.

Being that many people here do feel that way, I think it seems reasonable to conclude then, we can try to be welcoming, helpful, creative, comforting, compassionate, and all that we can muster, with our words, to be conscious of the fact: the suffering, hopelessness, despair, loneliness, etc..
There's that point of view I admit. But I think it has become cliched. Having honest real discussions about suicidal feelings can be beneficial.

That's an interesting thought. I'm not sure that's possible or would even work.
Guess we have to tolerate the choices countries make like China. Which sounds weak I know .

There's that point of view I admit. But I think it has become cliched. Having honest real discussions about suicidal feelings can be beneficial.
When genuine kindness, and genuine compassion, become cliched @isthatso...
1. "we should all just give up and suicide"
Versus
2. "I understand people having suicidal feelings and thoughts. Life is tough"

You may think I am promoting number 1.
But actually my intention is number 2. Empathy.
...I won't need to walk down the road paved to hell.

I'll know I'm already there.

And I'll keep walking, till I've gone through.

That's my hope, at least.

----

I can understand what you are saying though.

Cheers...

When genuine kindness, and genuine compassion, become cliched @isthatso...

...I won't need to walk down the road paved to hell.

I'll know I'm already there.

And I'll keep walking, till I've gone through.

That's my hope, at least.

----

I can understand what you are saying though.

Cheers...
This thread is not for you. Fair enough. We are all different.

That's an interesting thought. I'm not sure that's possible or would even work.
Guess we have to tolerate the choices countries make like China. Which sounds weak I know .
Science and technology and the values it bring about are the greatest enemies of those obsolete organizations

Yugoslavia was a unified and peaceful country based on coherent, collective, humanistic and scientific principles. Guess who plotted to destroy it and put all the ethnicities at each other's throat? Tip: it wasn't Islamic Fundamentalism, nor "Russian imperialism" and neither "Asian" communism.

By the way, can Palestine justify the actions of Hamas?
I think Palestine lose the public relations war on this one. Despite all their celebrations.

Latest posts

Back