-was recenly robbed

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hello OP-this must have been a really frightening experience for you and I can understand how mixed up and unhappy you are feeling about it. I would be feeling the same way in your shoes.
I think those who advocate legalising drugs have a point because if addicts could get their drugs at some sort of official medical centre, then it would cut out so much crime.

How did she rob you? Was she armed? You mention she marched you to the cash machine? Doesn't that mean that for a time you were a hostage? That's serious. And most cash machines have cameras so there might be evidence of it. I think you could get her in trouble if you kicked up enough of a fuss. You'd have to stick at it and keep asking the cops if they are doing anything about it. Make them realize it would be easier to just do their job than to have to deal with someone repeatedly bothering them about it.

If it were me I would have defended myself.

on the monday after i gave a full statement to the police and they know who she is and interviewed her..she just said 'no comment' to everything apparently.

its going to crown court, it was a PC Dave Moore who said she might get a caution but i think he was just saying that off the top of his head; after looking into it if found guilty jail is looking more likely, they're piecing together a case with CCTV and such, i dont want to go in to the details but yeah im fully in favor of ending prohibition its just giving a multi billion pound market to criminals, its just not working and impure heroin has killed an ex girlfriend of mine.

however we have in the UK and do i do use addiction organizations and in the uk if you're addicted to something dangerous or painful to get off they will give you a replacement drug then slowly taper it, one example being methadone, if she really wanted to quit then they would prescribe her diazepam at a slowly reducing dose so there is more than adequate medical help for addiction here, i personally have had a several year long battle with opiates and methadone has saved my bacon quite a few times..

at the time i was recovering from a severe episode of psychotic symptoms the night before, it all happened so fast i wasn't able to really stick up for myself, im trained in self defense but, it happened on a day where my head was far from being my best friend, also in the uk you can get charged for hitting burglars who are in your house and to be honest its SO risky to use ANY force even if it's morally justified that you're often better off getting robbed than defending yourself, i've seen many news articles of people being charged with assault in the UK when they fight back against burglars or robbers...at the time i was extremely mentally vulnerable anyway so...

thanks for the support from folks, to be honest im now more scared of having to appear in court and such, i hope everyone had a good christmas

I am with you. When you are robbed, assaulted, have your car broken into it's very very distressing and messes with your life.

I think people who disturb others that way should be seriously punished. Yes some jail time, some for of recompense, something.

I am in CA and they are more lenient with crime and letting everyone out because of prison over crowding. It's disgusting.

I hate those who say "it's only a property crime". Um no it's not. You mess with someone's feeling of safety and security...no it's "not just a property crime".

Latest posts

Back