Weird and somewhat scary thing that happened this morning

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

el Jay

Reaction score
This morning, I was woken up by the sound of someone opening the door to my room, and some guy I've never seen before walks in. At this point, I'm pretty much fully awake and propped up in bed, but extremely confused. I ask who he is, and he replies "I'm Nick." Still extremely confused, I ask "who's Nick?" to which he replies "I'M Nick." Finally, I asked what he was doing here, and he just said "Hang on, my brother's in the car, you'll love it." The last part I'm not completely sure on, but in any case, obviously none of these replies helped alleviate my confusion. He then walked out and left my (1st floor) apartment, never to be seen again.

Now, as for how he got in, I had left my back door open by accident when I went to bed. I keep it open while I'm here during the day for ventilation, and there's still a storm door that I keep closed. After he left, I (still confused) got my jeans and a t-shirt on, and walked out to the back door, and found the storm door open. This convinced me that I didn't somehow dream it, since he must've left it open. It was also too real to have been a dream, and didn't feel at all like my dreams do when I remember them.

Also, this happened at 9:30am, not in the middle of the night. I only went to bed at 6:30am that night (morning?). But when he saw me, he acted completely normal, like he was meant to be there. No shock or surprise in his voice or body. He didn't see me and be all "oh honeysuckle" and run out or anything. And he had plenty of reason to think someone would be home, even more than one person, since there were two cars parked in the parking area behind my apartment (one of which was my neighbor's).

I just can't make heads or tails of this. The obvious conclusion seems to be he was a burglar of opportunity, but he didn't take or disturb anything in my apartment (though there's nothing of value out there anyways, it's all in my room), but that doesn't jive with the fact he chose a building with two cars parked right near the entrance he used. Or the fact that he wasn't the least bit startled to find someone in the apartment.

I don't know what to make of this, and it's left me confused more than anything. I thought about calling the police, since I had a very clear look at his face for several seconds and what he claimed his name was, but I decided not to because I couldn't see what they could possibly do, especially since nothing happened. Does anyone else have any thoughts on this?

Maybe you could ask your neighbours if they saw anyone and if they did if they knew or recognised him? Is there any CCTV near where you live that might have seen him?

Dreamer88 said:
Maybe you could ask your neighbours if they saw anyone and if they did if they knew or recognised him? Is there any CCTV near where you live that might have seen him?

I doubt anyone would've seen anything, and we don't have such ubiquitous CCTV here as you do over there.

Its very strange and it would of freaked me out! Are you sure that nothing was taken not even something really small? Do you still have all your keys because you dont want them coming back when you're out or in bed again. Maybe you should tell the police even if it doesnt seem worth it to you, it might be helpful. The only thing I could sugguest is to make sure your doors and windows are locked when you're in bed or go out.

Dreamer88 said:
Its very strange and it would of freaked me out! Are you sure that nothing was taken not even something really small? Do you still have all your keys because you dont want them coming back when you're out or in bed again. Maybe you should tell the police even if it doesnt seem worth it to you, it might be helpful. The only thing I could sugguest is to make sure your doors and windows are locked when you're in bed or go out.

The only keys I have are on my keychain or in my wallet, both of which I keep in the pockets of my jeans, which are in my room. He didn't get a chance to take anything from my room, and he wouldn't have thought to look in the pockets of my jeans anyways.

I'm pretty sure nothing was taken from outside my room. As I said, there really isn't anything of value out there. Everything looked undisturbed. Even stuff outside of the back door was undisturbed.

It's just weird that he came in even though there were two cars parked within 10 feet of the door he used, during the day, with the storm door closed but the main door open. And that he kept his calm completely when he encountered me. Didn't flinch or anything, no sense of surprise in his voice.

Assuming this is all true, it is really extremely interesting. I wonder why you didn't go to his car to his brother though, it sounded like the reason he was there. Then again, he would've visited again if you took too long in his mind.

It might be a prank of some sorts, as well. There's a load of possibilities. I wonder if there are other reports in your area about this situation.

Rosebolt said:
Assuming this is all true, it is really extremely interesting. I wonder why you didn't go to his car to his brother though, it sounded like the reason he was there. Then again, he would've visited again if you took too long in his mind.

It might be a prank of some sorts, as well. There's a load of possibilities. I wonder if there are other reports in your area about this situation.

It's definitely all true, although I can understand the doubt. It's so weird and confusing I'm still not sure I believe it completely. But I do know it happened.

He didn't ask me to go out to see his brother in the car, he said he was gonna go get him. I got up, got dressed, and watched the door (from inside) for a while, but he didn't see me do any of it. Had I been slightly more awake, I would've thrown on just my jeans and torn ass to see if I could catch him outside. But at the least, he never made an attempt to come back.

It seems like it was obviously an attempt at an easy burglary (since the inside door was open), except that it's too obvious someone, possibly multiple people were home, given the two cars parked next to the door with no other house they could've belonged to. Any well-meaning or mischievous purpose is thwarted by the fact he went into a house completely uninvited. I haven't heard of anything like this happening, either. I would've thought maybe he thought it was someone else's house and went in by accident, except for how he didn't seem startled when he ran into me.

The guy looked to be in his late teens or early 20s. I guess it's possible he was shocked to see me in bed, but didn't necessarily say it, then just said his name and made an excuse to leave without seeming shocked or startled, then left. It's just confusing no matter how I look at it.

Weird! Well remember to lock your doors tonight!!! I'm pretty sure you will!

Maybe he simply went to the wrong appartment, and realised this when he went to fetch his brother. He could have arranged to call on someone who wasa friend of a friend so didn't know them, and then when he looked at the number on your door, realised his mistake.

Yep, I would venture a guess he was in the wrong apartment, hence the comment "Hang on, my brother's in the car..." - and you seem a bit doubtful about what exactly was said at this point, so maybe it wasn't "...brother's in the car, you'll love it." That doesn't make much sense, does it? Maybe he just went to ask his brother what was going on, realized the mistake, and that's why he didn't come back.

At any rate, your story makes for a good read. The moral of the story: don't leave your back door open all night so strange guys named Nick can wander into your bedroom. ;)

I keep my front locked at ALL times.

i walked into the wrong house once when visiting my dad. . it was funny because everything seemed different and then i stood there a second while a family who was eating looked over at me and then i just turned around and walked back out. No harm done. Wrong house.

i was 16 and stoned. funny i thought.

Not that it probably changes much, but this isn't an apartment building like in a complex, it's just a normal two-story house in the area that the landlord converted into two apartments (1st and 2nd floor), and I happen to be on the 1st floor. It's not really apparent from outside that it IS an apartment(s). Doesn't mean he didn't think it was the wrong HOUSE, though, but does leave a little less doubt.

I would call the police (today, don't wait) and file a report. At least you'll have a paper trail and it's possible the jerk is entering other homes in your neighborhood. I don't buy that he entered the wrong house "by accident". Entering someone's home without permission, even through an unlocked door, is criminal trespass! Most home burglaries actually happen during the day because many people are out at work during the day.

-Teresa

kamya said:
Lay off the drugs buddie. :)

I had something like this happen once when I had some Kratom the night before, must've been a bad batch...

Years ago when I was 16 I was at home during the day revising for exams. My Mum was at the other end of the very large garden. Anyway I heard a noise in the kitchen I was in the dining room. I called out something thinking it was my Mum, got no answer, so I got up to talk to her. When I got to the hallway in between, there was a man stood near the front door which was locked. He started to panic, I was more shocked to the spot. He quickly said is Elaine in, to which I replied no one by that name lives here (Also my parents had lived there for 26 years and no neighbours with that name who had lived there longer than my parents). He said are you sure, at which point I started to sort of come out of the shock and started to get somewhere between panicky and angry (I was very tough at that age). He then ran shoved passed me and out the unlocked back door and open garage door. My Mum saw him running out of the house and came in and rang the police. Anyway my Mum used to keep her handbag on a table near the front door and when we looked it was all over the table, nothing was taken as I must have interrupted him.

Haha also just thought about it, and if he had the wrong apartment (TO ME) it was **** right rude of him to come into the bedroom. If he was looking for someone should have shouted their name from the doorway. But that is me I can be a bit particular about things like that *shrugs*.

Latest posts

Back