What about the world?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jjam

Reaction score
We always look at ourselves (which is definitely important) when trying to understand why we're in our predicaments and how we can move out of them, but if you were to point at the ways of the world to explain your loneliness, what in particular would you point at?

jjam said:
We always look at ourselves (which is definitely important) when trying to understand why we're in our predicaments and how we can move out of them, but if you were to point at the ways of the world to explain your loneliness, what in particular would you point at?

As to why the world causes loneliness?

Well, a simple answer is that increased mobility and spread has incidentally, removed as much of the need of tight-knitness. Where once upon a time you needed your neighbor to help you get firewood when it got cold, we can safely esconce ourselves in central heating these days so as long as you can afford the billing(all done without personal contact).

I'm not really sure I can blame the world really. It's the only one I've known so I can't really see how it should be different. Especially in ways that wouldn't negatively affect others.

softwarefreak said:
People being less inclined to harm each other through malice would be a great start.

But it /is/ a world of unlimited wants and limited resources. Competition for those resources is inevitable and hasn't changed much.

IgnoredOne said:
softwarefreak said:
People being less inclined to harm each other through malice would be a great start.

But it /is/ a world of unlimited wants and limited resources. Competition for those resources is inevitable and hasn't changed much.

This is true, but I am referencing the perpetual need to destroy one another without any of the instinctual principles.
i.e. 9/11, Norway, Afghan etc

softwarefreak said:
This is true, but I am referencing the perpetual need to destroy one another without any of the instinctual principles.
i.e. 9/11, Norway, Afghan etc

That would be nice - but I don't think that such acts of destruction are responsible for loneliness. In essence, while human in origin, aren't they basically unpredictable disasters? For the average individual like you, if an incoming jet is coming at your workplace because someone in your executive a long time ago angered someone else...it might as well be a tornado or a hurricane.

You could even go further down that road where my limited social interaction is through my job (military) and if people stopped wanting to kill eachother I'd be unemployed and be even more lonely than I am now ;)

Limlim said:
You could even go further down that road where my limited social interaction is through my job (military) and if people stopped wanting to kill eachother I'd be unemployed and be even more lonely than I am now ;)

"Sniper's a good job, mate."

[youtube]PyNuriXG3BQ[/youtube]

jjam said:

I think that the disposable culture, with people thinking that everything from clothes to cell phone calling plans to relationships must be tailor made, ready-to-wear for them or they're calling it quits is a large one.

People seem to expect that they present their list of characteristics and presto, they get something to order and they don't have to put in any effort to keep it going.

No one wants the bother of maintaining friendships or relationships anymore, and really with the prospect of so many entertainment options available online, who needs RL friends, right?

It goes the same way in the arena of love relationships. My husband left after things got rough. One of the things he said to me was telling: "I guess I was wrong about you. You're not my Soul Mate."

See? There is that idea that it's supposed to be effortless and easy.

That mindset is what is the problem.

Im not livng alone at the moment.

The longest I lived alone was 2 months.
Ive been in an out of relationships
all my life.

My feeling of loneliness is a feeling
of separations or disconnect
War, povery, divorce, violence crime, drugs. Alcohol effectted me and still effects billions of people. Its how
Im respnding to it. .

Human evolutions hasnt evole much
in the past 40 yrs from the day I was borned.
Thats just the negative side of it.

It all depends how I look at it.
Half full or half empty...
Some believe humans r borned inherately good
Some believe humans are borned evil.

Humans create model to what
a perfect human should be like...in
accordance to thier society and
perception of life..

At a personal level in the society I live in. (one of hundreds) with many resources and people avaliable to me.
Lonliness is but a chioce/ life style.
Its like a religion to some people
Lonliness is a game people chose to play.

I recently met an Eskimo. He had a totallly differnt experrice in life as I do.
Different ways of thinking, different beleifs, different morals. Different customs
Beats the hell out of me if
Lonliness even exist in his life.
It might not even be a concept or idea to him.

I dont beleive I can truely give a correct answer to what the world dose to cuase loneliness...

My views/percpetions are colure/filtered throught my awaerness.

My awearness are my experince in life, up brining, beliefs, religions, lack religion, my own morals,values, educations, polotics.

Everyone have their own awearness
of what realitiy is.

SAME PLANET, DIFFERNT WORLD.

The world, why care? This world of ours is insignificant, a yoctogram in the millions of tonnes of the universe, and also the only thing humans need to survive, so we kill it, and the people, and we ridicule people for what they beleive in or beleive they can do. We want uniformity, but that can only lead to insanity and to reckless neccessity to leave and be different, for which we shall be condemned, by those who cause us to be like that.

condemnedsoul666 said:
The world, why care? This world of ours is insignificant...

Insignificant as it might be in the 'grand scale of things', its still the reason why we exist. Therefore, it is relevant to our concerns as to what bothers us, right here and now, including loneliness.

loneliness can be partially explained by the fact that our standard of living is rising and rising.
In the olden days / third world countries, people are too busy just to survive and all the emo things (like loneliness / depression / love life...etc) are put on the backburner.

allanh said:
loneliness can be partially explained by the fact that our standard of living is rising and rising.
In the olden days / third world countries, people are too busy just to survive and all the emo things (like loneliness / depression / love life...etc) are put on the backburner.

I don't know if that calls to be true. I think if people are busy with 2-3 jobs just to make ends meet, they may not have the time to be lonely. But does it mean they're not? Also, today I saw this old man in this mall I go to pretty often, he was there again and twice he was alone. I was thinking..**** is he lonely? He doesn't look well dressed and walks with a walking stick.

Why not worry about world?

Theres really not much I can do
as an indivual or with great impac.
All the worlds problems, and conflicts
will overwhelm me.
honeysuckle I cant even prevent my own family member from doing dstructive thing....

The best thing I can do for the world Is be the best that I can be.

You heard of this song???
Let there be peace on earth and let it begin with me
Work on me.

J dont have power over the world.
I have power over me.....

Lonesome Crow said:

will overwhelm me.
honeysuckle I cant even prevent my own family member from doing dstructive thing....

The best thing I can do for the world Is be the best that I can be.

You heard of this song???
Let there be peace on earth and let it begin with me
Work on me.

J dont have power over the world.
I have power over me.....

Hmm I wonder why you always write in stanzas. And I don't know if I'm the only one, but I never really 'get' what you say most times. But no worries, it's probably just me.

beans said:
Hmm I wonder why you always write in stanzas. And I don't know if I'm the only one, but I never really 'get' what you say most times. But no worries, it's probably just me.

Its because he's writing on the phone since he's too poor to have a computer. As to why he rambles so nonsensically, I assume it is the result of inadequate education on critical reading and effective writing.

Lonesome Crow said:

will overwhelm me.

That is correct. You are rather lacking in influence and you do well to focus on yourself; my frustration with you is when you assume that everyone else is equally powerless. While projection is a common means of viewing the world, this is not true. Not all of us are incapable of influencing our surroundings, applying force or being an effective force of change in the lives of others.

beans said:
Lonesome Crow said:
Why not worry about world? Theres really not much I can do as an indivual or with great impac. All the worlds problems, and conflicts will overwhelm me. honeysuckle I cant even prevent my own family member from doing dstructive thing.... The best thing I can do for the world Is be the best that I can be. You heard of this song??? Let there be peace on earth and let it begin with me Work on me. J dont have power over the world. I have power over me.....

Oh please..stop playing supiid.

Loneliness and stupidity is just a game for you. Whenever its convient for you..

Latest posts

Back