What are you feeling, hoping, thinking, or remembering right now?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Peaches said:
Hi InSearchoPeople, I feel if you have to be alone on your birthday,
I hope your day got a bit better, or that some other day you can celebrate an extra-nice non-birthday… I also spent more than a few birthdays without seeing anyone or any greetings, at least your job should finish soon so you will be free to have a life outside of it.

For what is worth: a lot of people think that private messages on Facebook are more personal and "important" than a word on one's wall, so maybe that is why they wrote you in pm?

InSearchOfPeople said:

My job is not only transitional, but it also has unstable schedule and demands most of my time, that I physically can't meet with people other than from my job and the ones from my job seem to not have same goals and they just don't like me for whatever reasons.

It's my birthday and I feel so desperately lonely. People that I used to communicate with for a long time very closely and then fell apart with, didn't even care to say happy birthday to me (they are on my FB). Some wrote msg in private text as if they don't want to be seen associated with me. I want to cry and just all of this constant rejection to stop, it's like someone is eating me from inside and I am begging to stop...

Thank you peaches.
Actually, I have never celebrated my birthday with friends. When I had friends at school, my family was too poor, we could not afford to invite friends to a restaurant and I could not invite them home, because I was hiding how poor we were living, so I would always make up a story why I wasn't celebrating or just conveniently got sick (may be that is the reason, why on most of my birthdays I was sick).

Then I didn't have friends, I was married though and my ex never made this day special for me, he didn't care much.

And now I am lonely again. I had a list of people this year, that I thought I could invite, but when I thought of them, I didn't really feel comfortable and guess what, some of them didn't even wish me a happy birthday....

I took one friend to a restaurant and told everybody that she did it for me. She is a nice lady, a bit older, I know her for over 20 years, our moms know each other. We are absolutely not close, but I can call her as the last resort, I consider her neutral.

Rodent said:
I should stop trying to read too much into other people's chatters and looks. As long as I'm not treated with open hostility, there's not a thing to worry about.

You must be a guy, guys are much simpler.

I tried to quit reading into people. My ex (a guy) suggested I just be friendly and kind with other people no matter what and eventually they will realize how nice I am and will love me and want to be friends with me.

He was wrong.

If people are not quite nice to me, and there are some subtle signs that I am just being tolerated and they don't really want my company, but I keep being "nice and kind" they just take me as a push over, a looser, as someone without friends, who desperately wants friends and thus they can treat me whatever way they want, and expect/demand unreasonable loyalty/favors.

IT IS ESSENTIAL TO SET BOUNDARIES FROM THE BEGINNING. And if someone doesn't go with that, it won't work out anyways!

I learnt from my experience to listen to my intuition. If I feel someone is not sincere with me or just using me for whatever they need at that moment, I should never fall for those people as my friends and do not expect their loyalty in return.

My roommate recently told me in the conversation that if she did this or that, then she would "TOO" be without friends now. This is something that is on her mind and she finally said it.

I feel like people are pointing fingers at me wherever I go, and say "hey, she doesn't have friends or family here, she is a loner!".

How can I explain to everybody and why do I need to, that I had only one friend here, since I came to the US and yes, we are not friends anymore.
And then I was married and all friends at that time were my ex's friends that I communicate with now, but they probably will never be my friends.

And now I am trying to build my life from zero again and why in the world this taken as my freakin' flaw?!!!

Why do I always attract these people out of nowhere, and why is it always the men? Do I look like I'm gonna kiss it better or something?

Is this sexually or romantically motivated that it always seems to be hetero opposite-sex people? Is it about wanting a Mommy 2.0? Is it some kind of desperate attempt to reverse callous treatment by women through flinging themselves and their emotional baggage at any woman who seems passingly friendly? I don't even know.

InSearchOfPeople said:
You must be a guy, guys are much simpler.

I tried to quit reading into people. My ex (a guy) suggested I just be friendly and kind with other people no matter what and eventually they will realize how nice I am and will love me and want to be friends with me.

He was wrong.

If people are not quite nice to me, and there are some subtle signs that I am just being tolerated and they don't really want my company, but I keep being "nice and kind" they just take me as a push over, a looser, as someone without friends, who desperately wants friends and thus they can treat me whatever way they want, and expect/demand unreasonable loyalty/favors.

IT IS ESSENTIAL TO SET BOUNDARIES FROM THE BEGINNING. And if someone doesn't go with that, it won't work out anyways!

I learnt from my experience to listen to my intuition. If I feel someone is not sincere with me or just using me for whatever they need at that moment, I should never fall for those people as my friends and do not expect their loyalty in return.

My roommate recently told me in the conversation that if she did this or that, then she would "TOO" be without friends now. This is something that is on her mind and she finally said it.

I feel like people are pointing fingers at me wherever I go, and say "hey, she doesn't have friends or family here, she is a loner!".

How can I explain to everybody and why do I need to, that I had only one friend here, since I came to the US and yes, we are not friends anymore.
And then I was married and all friends at that time were my ex's friends that I communicate with now, but they probably will never be my friends.

And now I am trying to build my life from zero again and why in the world this taken as my freakin' flaw?!!!

Yes, I'm a guy...but I'm no simpleton. I was never friendly and kind to everyone in the first place, because I know it's not give-and-take and live-and-let-live for everybody. I notice how some people at work or at school look at me - I know I have to expect no cordialities on their end. And I saw how they treat each other. That's not the kind of 'friendship' I want to have with anybody.

I don't have any friends in my current place of residence either but I couldn't care less. I'm a loner - so what? I never rubbed anybody up the wrong way. I separate my waste and I don't spit on the pavement. If that ain't good enough for some people, it's their problem - not mine.

Those who desperately try to 'do right' by anyone will just end up ruining things with everyone. That's what I keep telling myself these days. Some simply can't be pleased and they're gonna test your patience till they sucked you dry. So I try to trust my intuition as well and avoid the obnoxious and leeching kind of people - and there's a whole lot of them out there.

If I'm treated with patience and understanding I'll return the favor. But that's where the deal ends...

I feel really sad..
I hope this'll be it - the last time I ever open up to anyone and give them my heart.. cos I always fresia things up somehow and end up hurt..
I think love is bullshit and a complete waste of emotions (just my opinion cos it never ends well).
I will remember everything you said.. so I can stop being such a bother.

Edit: I'm thankful for Lilith^. Such an awesome girl friend. <3

ladyforsaken said:
I feel really sad..
I hope this'll be it - the last time I ever open up to anyone and give them my heart.. cos I always fresia things up somehow and end up hurt..
I think love is bullshit and a complete waste of emotions (just my opinion cos it never ends well).

I'm getting there myself. I was getting really mad again this week about it, but I'm trying to harden that into resolve that I will never be treated like that again, that I'll never let anyone treat me like that again, that I won't let life treat me like that again. No matter what it takes, that's not going to happen to me again.

I feel what you're saying, all the time. (hugs)

I can't concentrate or think of anything...today. My brain is broken. My mood is broken. I'm so irritable I can't stand it and have so much stuff going on in my life right now.

:(

ladyforsaken said:
I feel really sad..

I'm so sorry you feel awful. You of all people should never ever feel sad or feel any sort of pain. You're too amazing for misery. I'll pray for more happiness and joy in your life for you.

Seriously.

TheSkaFish said:
I'm getting there myself. I was getting really mad again this week about it, but I'm trying to harden that into resolve that I will never be treated like that again, that I'll never let anyone treat me like that again, that I won't let life treat me like that again. No matter what it takes, that's not going to happen to me again.

I feel what you're saying, all the time. (hugs)

Good luck to you on doing that. Thanks, Ska. *hugs*

SophiaGrace said:
I can't concentrate or think of anything...today. My brain is broken. My mood is broken. I'm so irritable I can't stand it and have so much stuff going on in my life right now.

:(

ladyforsaken said:
I feel really sad..

I'm so sorry you feel awful. You of all people should never ever feel sad or feel any sort of pain. You're too amazing for misery. I'll pray for more happiness and joy in your life for you.

Seriously.

You're always so nice to me, Soph. Thank you. And I hope the same for you - for you too don't deserve all that, that is going on in your life to make it harder for you. I mean, isn't it enough already? *sigh*

Please hang in there.. and you know where to find me if you want to chat. *hug*

I feel relieved.

...and confused.

It is very strange, how same things can be seen differently.

I've been crying and complaining and going mad thinking, that there is no one that I know care about me at all (besides my mom).

Now I understand, that sometimes I can create an illusion with my own mind. Sometimes it feels like there is a dark cloud sitting on my head, that is covering me blind and I can't see what is really happening.

I was thinking people don't put likes on my pictures on Facebook, because they are my haters, I thought I write posts here and most people don't even read them, unless I specifically quote someone.

Last night, I was going through my pics on FB and I saw, that people that I was blaming for hating and ignoring me, were all this time liking my pictures, going thought my Facebook.
My roommate told me she took schedule considering, that we will go to the place I want to go on Thursday and this morning I opened this forum, and saw that I actually have PM from people, who read my posts and want to encourage me.

I don't know if it is trick of mind or a different reality, but today the picture seems so much different.

May be sometimes I am so afraid that people will say, that I don't have friends, that I project that fear on everybody around and everything I do. Once I let go, and stop trying to be friendly or hang out with anybody for the sake of hanging out, I feel RELIEVED.

PS I am going to jump off the plane before the year is out. I think it will be a good start for rethinking the value of things.

I'm remembering an old friend. We used to be a crutch for each other and we'd help each other through the difficult times... but we'd also use each other as an excuse to just sit around all day and play video games, watch TV and eat. Despite us being really bad for each other, he was a fantastic mate. When I decided to get my life together, we started to drift apart, because he still wants to sit and do nothing. He thinks that eventually everything will work out for him despite him making no effort at all.

I've made so many attempts to rebuild our friendship. I've called and texted so many times offering to do something together, but he seems to see me as a different person just because I've lost a bit of weight and started working out.

Today, I decided to call it a day. I texted him and told him that I was moving on. I wished him all the best and I told him that I hope everything goes well for him in the future. I don't expect to get a reply, but I did what I had to do.

The last 4 years I have felt awful at this time of year. Bad experiences, really crap. So glad there is nothing bothering this year.

It's her birthday today. I'd like to be able to wish her a happy birthday, but I really don't wish her any happiness with that piece of honeysuckle. But at the same time, I miss her. I miss not being able to go on Facebook for 5 seconds without getting a message from her, I miss checking my inbox to see a quote or a message she'd want to tell me, I miss her little way of always saying sweet things to me. I miss our all-night chats. I'd like to be able to tell her happy birthday, I hate the situation, I HATE that asswipe, but I don't hate you and I miss you. Ugh. It's gonna be a long day.....luckily I saved all my homework for it so I'll have something to take my mind off things.

It's 4 AM and I can't sleep. My buddy's hypothesis was correct: my sleeping schedule is messed up. o_o

Feeling good. I put myself on a all fiber/protien diet for the past six weeks. I'm almost seeing a six-pack :)

Best part, is I don't feel deprived.

Latest posts

Back