What are you feeling, hoping, thinking, or remembering right now?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm the luckiest guy in some ways- Kid came running to me after her play and gave me a big hug n' kiss in front of all her friends. One of the other parents said 'Wow, I don't even get that at home anymore, never mind in public'....

Moments like that make things more bearable :D

I'm feeling a faint sore throat, hope this honeysuckle doesn't lead to anything else!

WildernessWildChild said:
I'm the luckiest guy in some ways- Kid came running to me after her play and gave me a big hug n' kiss in front of all her friends. One of the other parents said 'Wow, I don't even get that at home anymore, never mind in public'....

I almost cried at this one… sniff, beautiful

I am beginning to wish I hadn't signed up for this Ladies Lunch thing tomorrow. The will all probably know each other and won't like me, so I will have wasted my time and money...

jaguarundi said:
I am beginning to wish I hadn't signed up for this Ladies Lunch thing tomorrow. The will all probably know each other and won't like me, so I will have wasted my time and money...

They'll love you..You're an awesome lady :)

jaguarundi said:

don't presume it will go wrong, I am sure it will be fine !

Triple Bogey said:
jaguarundi said:

don't presume it will go wrong, I am sure it will be fine !

Thanks Bogey. It's supposed to be for English speaking women over here to get to know a few more friends, kind of thing. Quite a few of mine here went back to the UK, and a close friend died, as did my Mum. It would be nice to meet a few more, but some are very hung up on whether you have a big house and a swimming pool and a husband that their husband will get on with at dinner parties.. **sigh** not my scene. But who knows, I guess...

feeling mildly hopeful about the future, in spite of thinking that there is really no future for me if this awful present doesn't change its course, hoping for some miracle, really

Wow- Kids report card is really good, pretty much all A's & B's....glad she got her Moms brains. And looks for that matter. But she did get my healthiness and sense of humour. K, that last part might not be an asset:D

WildernessWildChild said:

Aww, how precious. :)

OK.
Smart trousers ironed - check
Lippy and mascara - check
purse and moby - check
Do these earrings look too much with the necklace? Yes.
Necklace off - check

Deep breath. Off we go!!

oops - better put the trousers on first....

jaguarundi said:
OK.
Smart trousers ironed - check
Lippy and mascara - check
purse and moby - check
Do these earrings look too much with the necklace? Yes.
Necklace off - check

Deep breath. Off we go!!

oops - better put the trousers on first....

Well that was great - really glad I went to the lunch, had a very nice time the food was good, and it looks like we will meet up again in a month. They all seemed OK and at least three of them were the kind of women who I could introduce to some of our lady members of ALL and form a coven with, type of thing..... hubble bubble wine and trouble...

Hoping I can find a way to explain the gap in my resume, or at least gloss it over somehow. I haven't had a proper 8-5 job since 2010...that job nearly killed my hope in life and I actually had mild depression for a while, which I dealt with through drinking...not actual alcoholism, but drinking several times a week, in some cases daily. Now I'm better but need to explain this gap somehow.

Right now I'm hoping over time I'll be able to meet some friends around my area, it gets lonely when I have no one to hang out with. Half the time I usually spend it with myself and I never have anyone else to talk too. I usually let people in but I hardly hear from them and it bums me out over time. Guess people just end up getting bored of you over time; but I'm the kind of person to always stick besides people.

I'm hoping that on my way to the airport to take a friend, the traffic on the orbital road around Bordeaux will not be the usual rat race of rabid French drivers trying to kill each other....

jaguarundi said:
I'm hoping that on my way to the airport to take a friend, the traffic on the orbital road around Bordeaux will not be the usual rat race of rabid French drivers trying to kill each other....

Take care driving and here's hoping there are no tailbacks.

Can't believe I'm feeling unwell when I gotta start Monday!

TheSkaFish said:
Hoping I can find a way to explain the gap in my resume, or at least gloss it over somehow. I haven't had a proper 8-5 job since 2010...that job nearly killed my hope in life and I actually had mild depression for a while, which I dealt with through drinking...not actual alcoholism, but drinking several times a week, in some cases daily. Now I'm better but need to explain this gap somehow.

any hobbies that you can pump up so they look like 'work experience'?
Friends or family who can cover your ass and answer the phone as imaginary employers? OK, maybe the last was far-fetched

Latest posts

Back