What are you going to do about it?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sevenacids

Reaction score
What are you going to do about being lonely? What would you like to change in this world, in this society, to feel more accepted? What are your expectations, if they are any?

Good question sevenacids. I have pretty similar questions. Only that I have no answers yet... and I don't think there are perfect and easy ways to understanding our loneliness and conflict. It's one **** difficult issue. Practical and convinient solutions don't work here. But I only know that there ought to be some questioning, a lot of questioning, of similar types, rather than just passive acceptance. Never stop questioning things.

But one thing is for sure, whatever psychological pain that's going on in all the people out there and on in this forum, there is no point wanting to change the world, or keep some naive wish for a world of hugging people. That's never going to happen, and that's not action either. Let's keeps ideals and expectations aside. The change must happen within people nonetheless, and it must be radical. No science, no tecnology, no religion, no ideology, no economic system, no leader, no guru, no art etc. can alone solve the massive problems of conflict between humans. All others are just secondary symtoms of it (loneliness being one).

that's what I think... my first feeling of it... would like to know what you think...

The person who tries to live alone will not succeed as a human being. His heart withers if it does not answer another heart. His mind shrinks away if he hears only the echoes of his own thoughts and finds no other inspiration.
* Pearl S. Buc

I

i'm just starting to figure out what to do.For the past couple of months i have felt myself slipping deeper and deeper,to the point I was ready to off myself.For some reson this morning i began to think that there were other options.I don't know what they are but for now i can tolerate things until i work things out. I see now that others are having trouble and i am isolated but not alone. Also I am starting to see that for the past 48 years i have been making terrible decisions and reacting to something inside myself that i am afraid of.I guess what i will do is start to face these fears that i have been hiding from. Although i don't really know how.

I'm not doing anything special loneliness at the moment. I wonder if I should start a new hobby, which I hope to get new friends from there.. :>

A couple of things contributing to my loneliness are my shyness and my incredibly low self-esteem. How can I expect others to like me when I don't even like myself ? I'm going to start counselling soon and am hoping that this will help me to take some steps forward in this area.

Be the change you want to see in the world. Someone cleverer than me said that, can't remember who (too lazy too google atm).

Callie said:
Expectations only lead to disappointment. Better not to have any at all.

I agree. But I would add "Better to have hope than expectations."

walkman said:
Good question sevenacids. I have pretty similar questions. Only that I have no answers yet... and I don't think there are perfect and easy ways to understanding our loneliness and conflict. It's one **** difficult issue. Practical and convinient solutions don't work here. But I only know that there ought to be some questioning, a lot of questioning, of similar types, rather than just passive acceptance. Never stop questioning things.

But one thing is for sure, whatever psychological pain that's going on in all the people out there and on in this forum, there is no point wanting to change the world, or keep some naive wish for a world of hugging people. That's never going to happen, and that's not action either. Let's keeps ideals and expectations aside. The change must happen within people nonetheless, and it must be radical. No science, no tecnology, no religion, no ideology, no economic system, no leader, no guru, no art etc. can alone solve the massive problems of conflict between humans. All others are just secondary symtoms of it (loneliness being one).

that's what I think... my first feeling of it... would like to know what you think...

The person who tries to live alone will not succeed as a human being. His heart withers if it does not answer another heart. His mind shrinks away if he hears only the echoes of his own thoughts and finds no other inspiration.
* Pearl S. Buc

I

I'm curious: Why wouldn't practical solutions work?

After visiting a psychologist, it seems my course of action is tearing down the wall I've built around my heart, then figure out how socializing is going to fit into my busy time schedule, and then go out and do it once I finally feel like I want to.

I have lots of faith in my actual abilities to socialize, just not in my mentality yet, because I view socializing with a different mindset than other people, because I have very little natural desire for socializing, stemming from my defensiveness my psychologist revealed.

Latest posts

Back