What are you listening to?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have been listening to a few old songs my dad used to love listening to as i found an old playlist of his the other day i always remember us driving somewhere together and he would have the music on loud and just enjoying the drive.
He always liked Led Zeppelin and this is one of my favorite songs as it reminds me of when we drove up to a ham radio rally just shortly before he passed away, i nearly did not go as i was feeling tired out but just had a feeling i should go and it was the last thing we did together.
[video=youtube]

Normally I like to post the videos where it's just the official version of the song, from the band, for the best sound quality.

But sometimes fan-made videos are really cool, too:

[youtube]SvrOzYtnLMA[/youtube]

"An interpretation I found on songmeanings:
First off, I want to say to those who find the lyrics hard to make out: that is intentional. The nature of the vocals is meant to invoke the speech of aliens. The song is about a fleet of alien ships that travel through the universe, looking for others who are ready to do the same. The song explains that they have just discovered Earth, but they bypass it. Why? There a couple of hints as to why: first, the moonlight is describes as falling down like tears, invoking sorrow. The second and most important clue comes from the lines, "And so we pass on by the crimson eye - Of great god mars". Mars is described not as a planet but as a god, and if you know your Roman mythology, you will know that Mars was the god of war. Hence, humanity, which is still embroiled in war, is not yet ready to receive the amazing gift of advanced technology which would allow them to join the fleet of universal explorers, the planet caravan. The aliens are saddened by this, because of the distance they've traveled, only to find a species not yet evolved enough to join them. It is a sad, chilling and beautiful anti-war song."

- from someone called "venrakdrake", in the comments section

Latest posts

Back