What are you most self-concious about?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
B

Blue_Eyed_Symphony

What is it that makes you the most self conscious? For myself, it is my anxiety and the anxiety attacks I have in crowded places. Now you!

I am slow. Especially in communication. It takes me awhile to respond to someone, especially if I am nervous and/or aren't comfortable around them. When I'm frustrated, I stutter. lol, Sometimes even make-up/mix words -- it's like my brain doesn't always communicate properly with my body very well. Which might explain why I have like, zero grace. I'm all klutz. :cool:

The looks people give me translate to: "Wonder how many times this chick was dropped on her head."

It sucks.

I'm inclined to say my hands. They're nothing like my father's. His are huge paws! I can't even "Palm" a basketball with mine.

Omg Ox! I thought I was the only one. I'm the exact same way. I can become very awkward. It's horrible!

I have Asperger's, and I'm paranoid that strangers can somehow SEE this. And that everyone immediately assumes I'm weird, and mentally disabled, and either they feel uncomfortable talking to me, or they feel sorry for me... Argh.

I need to try to get over this paranoia, and give other people a chance to prove that they're capable of treating me like a normal human being, instead of just assuming everyone is going to hate me :/

My shyness around people. The fact I suck at small talk and i'm always creating those dreaded, awkward silences.

Jack _ said:
My shyness around people. The fact I suck at small talk and i'm always creating those dreaded, awkward silences.
Same here. Sucks.

I'd say my stomach, 3 kids later it ain't like it use to be.

When I'm speaking to people in real life, anyone really, I can never seem to articulate my thoughts as well as I should be able to. I always feel like I come across as being much less intelligent or much less knowledgeable than I actually am, or I just go silent. I've always been quite self conscious about this. I also have a tendency to mutilate the English language during the panic of conversation.

Also, when I'm really nervous I sometimes have this.. I guess you could call it a tic... where I involuntarily roll or flutter my eyes while I'm talking to someone. I have to be really aware of myself or I'll do it and someone will comment on it and it'll be awkward and embarrassing.

Then there's the old standard of being self-conscious about my appearance.

What fun I am. :rolleyes:

I am self-conscious about my stupidity, and I am so awkward, and also for I never achieved any good thing in my life...
I do not think I can improve the first or second, but I hope the third, some day I can do this.

*stomach scars

*acne scars

*feet

*eyes

*legs/thighs/calves/(k)ankles

*self made scars

*saggy tits/ disproportionate

*back fat from tight bras

*emotionally unstable/out of control when emotions are present

*nose

gosh there's more but my bf asked me "what's this?" so...i'm posting quick.

Barbaloot said:
When I'm speaking to people in real life, anyone really, I can never seem to articulate my thoughts as well as I should be able to. I always feel like I come across as being much less intelligent or much less knowledgeable than I actually am, or I just go silent. I've always been quite self conscious about this. I also have a tendency to mutilate the English language during the panic of conversation.

Also, when I'm really nervous I sometimes have this.. I guess you could call it a tic... where I involuntarily roll or flutter my eyes while I'm talking to someone. I have to be really aware of myself or I'll do it and someone will comment on it and it'll be awkward and embarrassing.

Then there's the old standard of being self-conscious about my appearance.

What fun I am. :rolleyes:

I know exactly how you mean when you say you are presented in public as 'less intelligent'. I can type/write much better than I can speak on command and pay attention to a conversation(I do the look away or blink too much because I just get bored...my ASL teacher tells me it's 'social conditioning')

Latest posts

Back