What are you particurlarly grateful for today?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
For the coffee and all the red lights turning green while driving to work.

this thread makes me hostile - I'd have to say some basic Western commodity like running water

Personally I am truly grateful for clean running water, good quality shelter, heating, elecricty, indoor plumbing, temperate
climate able to sustain farming, nutritiious food, weather appropriate clothing, free education for my children, nhs, welfare system etc.

I give thanks for these things everyday, because there was a time I lived without a large part of the above. I obviously made the mistake of not making clear the thread in my eyes was for anything that gives you joy or appreciation. For example I am grateful for petrol and my mobile phone for keeping my children and I out of a potentially dangerous situation, but I am equally grateful that it keeps keeps me in touch with my friends and family so easily. If I want to be grateful for something frivolous I will. Thats my choice just as it is your choice to be hostile based on assumptions.

GraceBlossom said:
Personally I am truly grateful for clean running water, good quality shelter, heating, elecricty, indoor plumbing, temperate
climate able to sustain farming, nutritiious food, weather appropriate clothing, free education for my children, nhs, welfare system etc.

I give thanks for these things everyday, because there was a time I lived without a large part of the above. I obviously made the mistake of not making clear the thread in my eyes was for anything that gives you joy or appreciation. For example I am grateful for petrol and my mobile phone for keeping my children and I out of a potentially dangerous situation, but I am equally grateful that it keeps keeps me in touch with my friends and family so easily. If I want to be grateful for something frivolous I will. Thats my choice just as it is your choice to be hostile based on assumptions.

oh, it's just that some days it's hard to find something to be grateful for, don't mind me, it's a great thread

I am grateful I do not live in an area that suffers from flooding.
I am watching the news and it's heart breaking for the people affected:(

I hope everyone from ALL are safe and well.

Today I am grateful that I was able to meet my grandfather before he passed away and say good bye. I saw something that reminded me of him a few minutes ago.

I'm grateful for the comfort that my boyfriend provides me

Right now I'm grateful for daylight savings! We get an extra hour! Awesome!

A gift card for coffee, which I desperately need. A few hours of sleep per night and I need to hurry up and finish this work because of an impatient client.

Latest posts

Back