Men almost never get compliments.

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

February203

"Be tolerant of others and strict with yourself."
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I realized today it's been years since I was genuinely complimented. I don't even get complimented for doing well at work. Am I the only guy who's experiencing this? I hear women compliment each other all the time. Is there a reason why we don't get to have them?

They're usually accompanied by ulterior motives. Somebody wanting to sell me something or network and grow their social media presence.

Memories of adolescent compliments...

Last edited:
Not about my physical appearance, no. But compliments about personality are far more valuable to me.

Though a 'hey there, handsome' would be nice...

I get compliments on my appearance, particularly my hair and cheeky smile, all the time from strangers and ladies who know me often compliment me on my huge todger ;)

I still remember that one time I was complimented in 1992.
Wow you must be old 😂😂😂

Dunmo what you guys are talking about I compliment men all the time! However, its hard to compliment a random man as sometimes they fall in love with me because im hot… and then everyone blames me because complimenting a man is apparently flirting with him.

you must be talking about compliments from women towards men. I give encouraging comments to my Joes (soldiers) every hour it seems. Most of them lacked a father in their lives so I am there to ensure their life has meaning and have a positive experience while simultaneously endangering their lives for their country.

As for women complimenting us!? Pssh, forget about it. We are men bro. We are brutes, we were never meant to be cute. All those who have been posted on the cover of GQ magazine never had a real job or truly suffered like us folks. Stop looking for compliments and worry about something more important like have you treated yourself in a positive manner or rewarded yourself for surviving another day!? Victories are obtained the very moment you get up from your bed. Another to make it to work, another for not hurting your coworkers…yeah the law frowns upon that. Weird! Anyway, post another entry like, what have you done to treat yourself for surviving another day

you must be talking about compliments from women towards men. I give encouraging comments to my Joes (soldiers) every hour it seems. Most of them lacked a father in their lives so I am there to ensure their life has meaning and have a positive experience while simultaneously endangering their lives for their country.

As for women complimenting us!? Pssh, forget about it. We are men bro. We are brutes, we were never meant to be cute. All those who have been posted on the cover of GQ magazine never had a real job or truly suffered like us folks. Stop looking for compliments and worry about something more important like have you treated yourself in a positive manner or rewarded yourself for surviving another day!? Victories are obtained the very moment you get up from your bed. Another to make it to work, another for not hurting your coworkers…yeah the law frowns upon that. Weird! Anyway, post another entry like, what have you done to treat yourself for surviving another day
I'm starting to understand you a bit. And no I don't disagree.

Latest posts

Back