What are you thinking right now?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
There really is no catharsis. I'm struck with this familiar numbness that gives me some sense of mental satisfaction. But there are no new revelations...just the validation of existing convictions.

A friend of mine committed suicide because he was gay and couldn't tell anybody about it. He did tell me at least. He became the ceo of a company before he did it. Shot gun in the mouth.

That same person introduced me to my fiance of 22 years. :(

johnny196775 said:
A friend of mine committed suicide because he was gay and couldn't tell anybody about it. He did tell me at least. He became the ceo of a company before he did it. Shot gun in the mouth.

I am so sorry for your loss. Big Hugs to you (hug)(hug)(hug)(hug)

johnny196775 said:

Thats so sad, if it gets to that point I can't wonder why they didn't just start up in a completely new place where no-one knows them and they can be open.

Unless they literally can't tell anyone, regardless if they know them.

My condolences anyway. :(

Edward W said:
johnny196775 said:

Thats so sad, if it gets to that point I can't wonder why they didn't just start up in a completely new place where no-one knows them and they can be open.

Unless they literally can't tell anyone, regardless if they know them.

My condolences anyway. :(
his mother was very religous i believe. His brother is gay and wont come out because of what his church friends might think. That is what he told me.

It's such a shame to me that you seem to have nothing in your life that you actually like. You don't care to be around your kids or any of your grands. They're just there to you. Life is just here for you to go through. And what's worse, is that your miserable behavior spreads heavily to your son.

Peaches said:
in 2008 I was living in the countryside, and just out of the door there was a nice tree, and I tied my punching bag to the tree. For a season I was into kickboxing, loved to kick as high as possible. My practice improved after I taped a picture with the face of the lowlife who betrayed me and lied to me at his actual height (he was kind of short, very easy to kick in the face). I know this is really different from your situation, but maybe put some other kind of picture?

That sounds very cathartic, theraputic, and just, right. I don't like to run or bike ride when I'm angry because it feels like I'm running away. When I'm in that mood I want to stand my ground and punch something.

Even though it isn't her that I want to punch in the face, I feel like your idea would be very soothing.

TheSkaFish said:
Even though it isn't her that I want to punch in the face, I feel like your idea would be very soothing.

A word of advice- random face-punching tends to trouble a person later in life guilt wise. I don't regret all of them but there's a few I shouldn't have done. And quite a few I regret receiving (all of them to be honest).

^Oh dear.

I am thinking I don't know what to do first, so much and my feet are hurting so bad :-(.

WildernessWildChild said:
TheSkaFish said:

A word of advice- random face-punching tends to trouble a person later in life guilt wise. I don't regret all of them but there's a few I shouldn't have done. And quite a few I regret receiving (all of them to be honest).

I was just saying, it would be soothing to punch a punching bag in times of frustration just to let some steam out. But yea, I can see what you're saying too. Sometimes things can escalate quickly between oneself and someone that they don't necessarily otherwise consider an enemy, it's just, when things heat up people don't think, words are said, punches thrown, and regrets later.

For all of my hostility though, I've only actually been in one fight. I've almost been in several, but they always ran away (not blowing my own pipe, I'm not even that intimidating - they're just that cowardly I guess). But that one time - it wasn't a punch really, I grabbed him and threw him to the ground and he was down for the count. He was trying to bully me, so I don't regret it. Indeed, it was well-deserved :D

I went out to look for the Honey Moon in the sky tonight. For a long time I didn't find it and thought they got the day wrong, but then I turned a corner and there it was, just over the trees, big and yellow. It looked like something out of a fantasy book. I don't think I've ever seen the moon that big in my life. Wow!

****! Forgot to email home the avatar for Monday. This leaves me 3 choices, none of which are perfect. Silly me!!!

TheSkaFish said:
I went out to look for the Honey Moon in the sky tonight. For a long time I didn't find it and thought they got the day wrong, but then I turned a corner and there it was, just over the trees, big and yellow. It looked like something out of a fantasy book. I don't think I've ever seen the moon that big in my life. Wow!

I saw it too when I was delivering tonight. It was so yellow it looked orange and it was freakin huge!

kamya said:
TheSkaFish said:

I saw it too when I was delivering tonight. It was so yellow it looked orange and it was freakin huge!

Must have been beautiful. Wish I would have known so I could be outside for it.

Latest posts

Back