What are you thinking right now?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The internet has been like an excellent guitar teacher for me. Goooooooooo internet!!!!! :~D

And the collective emotional capacity of the human race continues to plummet, with people of my generation naming sex as the difference between a relationship and a friendship.

I wonder if there's a nearby pack of wolves with an opening. Seems preferable.

Yay! I shall release them into the night sky and hope they breed and we can enjoy them for many years to come. Maybe I will have a statue made for me, like the guy who brought grey squirrels to Britain. Although his grey squirrels killed all our red squirrels and caused our trees a lot of irrepairable damage, and his statue regularly gets defaced. Maybe the statue isn't such a good idea.

But yeah, we don't have fireflies in the UK :/
I sometimes wonder if it's like when I will see a person say online that they have never seen real snow. "No way!" indeed.

user 130057 said:
She currently likes taunting people with chocolate that she has no intention of sharing. She hasn't realised yet, but we take it anyway when she's not looking...

Lol.. That is so cute!

user 130057 said:
Why, thank you. It's easy when they're not your kids though. Children always seem to like me, but I think it's because they see me messing about and think - he's HUGE, but he's definitely a kid.

Lmao. Not many guys can be a "kid" with kids. My father wasn't one like that lol. It was more like boot camp or something a little less exaggerated. :p

Nicolelt said:
painter said:
TheSkaFish said:
so I can watch the fireflies come out.

I've never seen fireflies :(

NO WAY! There are some in my front yard right now. I'll catch em and send them too you.

I've never seen fireflies either. :(
I bet they're lovely.

ladyforsaken said:
Nicolelt said:
painter said:
TheSkaFish said:
so I can watch the fireflies come out.

I've never seen fireflies :(

NO WAY! There are some in my front yard right now. I'll catch em and send them too you.

I've never seen fireflies either. :(
I bet they're lovely.

I've only seen them once. I didn't realize what they were at first. They were mesmerizing.

Fireflies really are something. I have fond childhood memories of catching them. Around where I live, we have lots of the kind that glows yellow. But out in the country, I have seen fireflies that glow blue and green.

I have heard, though I can't confirm, that fireflies only live east of the Mississippi River. So that's something to consider for me - most of the places I'd like to move are west of it, but that could mean no more fireflies, which to me, the summer would not be the same without.

TheSkaFish said:
Fireflies really are something. I have fond childhood memories of catching them. Around where I live, we have lots of the kind that glows yellow. But out in the country, I have seen fireflies that glow blue and green.

I have heard, though I can't confirm, that fireflies only live east of the Mississippi River. So that's something to consider for me - most of the places I'd like to move are west of it, but that could mean no more fireflies, which to me, the summer would not be the same without.

There are fireflies out West (though it sounds like it may be a rare thing). I was actually just watching a video about that:

[align=center][video=youtube]

Solivagant said:
There are fireflies out west. I was actually just watching a video about that:

Ah, I'm glad to hear that! :) That was a really cool video too. Seeing them, and the dragonflies, cicadas, and cicada wasps around now, kind of makes me wish I had become an entomologist.

Latest posts

Back