What are you thinking right now?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
what-if-when-people-texted-lol-they-actually-had-an-annoyed-face.jpg

You know it sucks when people talk you up like they think you're the best person ever then disappear a few days later, never to be seen or heard from again. I guess all those conversations were meaningless. Sometimes saying nothing hurts worse.

Gotta start writing my paper again.

Outcast said:
You know it sucks when people talk you up like they think you're the best person ever then disappear a few days later, never to be seen or heard from again. I guess all those conversations were meaningless. Sometimes saying nothing hurts worse.

(hugs) People's words and actions often do not line-up.

Alma lost her spoon said:
Damnit I got so excited I forgot to cross my Ts & dot my Is...so to speak.

*must try harder

So did I, but oddly enough that saved me.

Rodent said:

mmmm

Too many people are like this. I mean, like the person in the blue shirt. "I'm busy" is a response I get a lot from people in real life, especially my classmates whenever I ask to hang out with them.

Me: Want to do homework together?
Them: No, sorry, going to go swimming
Me: Okay. Have fun.

Me: want to hang out this weekend?
Them: Oh, no, I have homework and other plans.
Me: Okay, have a nice weekend.

Me: Want to cook Greek Food again during Spring Break?
Them: Maybe, we'll see.
Me: Okay

Me: *unloads stuff*
Them: Oh, I need to go get lunch.
Me: Okay. Have a nice lunch, sorry to have kept you.

Me: *texts them a bit later thanking them for listening to me*
Them: *No response*
Me: …*realizes they probably didn't give a honeysuckle about what I had to say, and probably didn't want to listen in the first place*

Me: *texts a girl who says she'd love to hang out and do hw together*
Them: *doesn't respond to my text*

Me: *to self* Okay then, everybody. I care about you too… :/

I wish I didn't need/want people…wish I was different. More independent, less negative emotions.

user 130057 said:
I'm burning up and I can't breathe very well, but I'm still just thinking that this is awesome news...

Feel better soon user 130057. :(

On the second day alone with our new colleague, she said my (quietly played) music makes her jump out of the window. Too depressing for her. Sigh, so be it...*plug earphones in*

SophiaGrace said:
Too many people are like this. I mean, like the person in the blue shirt. "I'm busy" is a response I get a lot from people in real life, especially my classmates whenever I ask to hang out with them.

[...]

Permission to speak freely? Somehow I find the blue guy's approach more honest. He didn't say he's busy - he frankly said that he does not care. Which is unusual, because people always try to conserve some illusion of decency by making excuses and acting terribly sorry all the time as in the examples you've put up there. Even though most of them try very hard, their actions scream "I just don't care" right in your face, don't they? And I could live with that easier than with all the half-baked excuses and sugarcoating going on these days.

Call me a cold-blooded *******...but my decency reaches its limits pretty fast when I notice that nobody gives a ****. I don't try to cross the border into a "pleasant work/classroom environment" anymore. You can't get along with everybody anyway. Hell, if you're luckily you get along with somebody...

Rodent said:
Permission to speak freely? Somehow I find the blue guy's approach more honest. He didn't say he's busy - he frankly said that he does not care. Which is unusual, because people always try to conserve some illusion of decency by making excuses and acting terribly sorry all the time as in the examples you've put up there. Even though most of them try very hard, their actions scream "I just don't care" right in your face, don't they? And I could live with that easier than with all the half-baked excuses and sugarcoating going on these days.

Yes, you're allowed to speak freely. Of course.

I suppose it creates the same feeling inside me anyways. Might as well just say it to my face because that's how their excuses inevitably make me feel.

johnny196775Again said:
it can be very easy to not care.

It seems that way for most people I think. For me, it isn't. Maybe that's a curse instead of a blessing for me. I care too much about other people and what they think about me.

Need to let it go, but can't.

SophiaGrace said:
johnny196775Again said:
it can be very easy to not care.

It seems that way for most people I think. For me, it isn't. Maybe that's a curse instead of a blessing for me. I care too much about other people and what they think about me.

Need to let it go, but can't.

Eh, it's a bit of both. Makes insults a bit tougher, but on the other hand, makes compliments much sweeter. :)

SophiaGrace said:
I suppose it creates the same feeling inside me anyways. Might as well just say it to my face because that's how their excuses inevitably make me feel.

I know it's a sad thing to say but it happens all the time. Don't let it drag you down though, SophiaGrace. It's just another reason to choose your company carefully and not to compromise too much or you'll end up with nothing but wasted efforts. For every person that doesn't care there's somebody who does care...and when you find them, you know each one's worth a million bucks so to say.

johnny196775Again said:
How well are you liked. How many PMs do you get a week?

PMs don't tell you how well liked you are. Some people don't like to PM, others go into chat. Some don't return PMs in a timely manner.

I have been thinking about using a collection of redundant artificial arms with hands attached ...a number of head braces..an assortment of electrically powered stroking devices together with an assortment of vibrators and dildos to produce a simulated gang banging experience for the more discerning gang banger...although I am having some difficulty in designing a cake vending device/artificial arm combo into the equation...but if it was easy it probably wouldn't be worthwhile.

Peaches said:
johnny196775Again said:

zero? :)
Is it possible to PM myself...create the illusion ?😗

This lass at work was leaving today. I wasn't that bothered to be honest. In the afternoon she started talking to me saying it was 'our last day together', stuff like that. Going to miss me blah, blah, blah.
So I felt bad about it so when I was leaving I attempted to say a 'goodbye, it's been nice working with you' kind of speech. It went down like a brick budgie, she hardly spoke back, didn't seem bothered or concerned. I regretted even bothering. I preferred my 'couldn't give a honeysuckle attitude'

johnny196775Again said:

zero

Latest posts

Back