What are you thinking right now?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Peaches said:
johnny196775Again said:
How well are you liked. How many PMs do you get a week?

zero? :)

but…but…I like you! :(

TheRealCallie said:
johnny196775Again said:

PMs don't tell you how well liked you are. Some people don't like to PM, others go into chat. Some don't return PMs in a timely manner.

I'm not the best with returning PMs in a timely manner :/

The people here on ALL are lovely, I'm just having issues with people in real life.

TheRealCallie said:
johnny196775Again said:

PMs don't tell you how well liked you are. Some people don't like to PM, others go into chat. Some don't return PMs in a timely manner.

I disagree. A person who receives 5 PMs from people in a week is more popular than a person who gets none. Especially if the other person is initiating the contact.

but yeah, what is being liked? what is popularity? Is it better to be deeply loved and understood by a precious few, or superficially well liked by everyone? Also, is a gorilla goes to a fish party, is it going to be as popular as if it were at a gorilla party? So many variables…

If I get along with somebody very well, we usually switch over to instant messaging after a while and I'm back to <0.1 PMs per week.
But let's not start with that school yard mentality again. Who belongs to the popular kids and who's just a nobody cause people don't go apeshit in their presense...

Peaches said:
is a gorilla goes to a fish party, is it going to be as popular as if it were at a gorilla party?

Right, so a person who is popular here, may not have a single friend offline. Also, a person who is popular on ALL may be hated in other parts of the web, or most of the web.

You never know. Just because a person has interpersonal skills in one place, doesn't mean it always translates to others.

Peaches said:
but yeah, what is being liked? what is popularity? Is it better to be deeply loved and understood by a precious few, or superficially well liked by everyone? Also, is a gorilla goes to a fish party, is it going to be as popular as if it were at a gorilla party? So many variables…

no idea.

I don't think people on here should feel left out if they don't receive any PM's. If they want to connect with people they should send some PM's themselves and hopefully get friends that way.

SophiaGrace said:
Peaches said:
is a gorilla goes to a fish party, is it going to be as popular as if it were at a gorilla party?

Right, so a person who is popular here, may not have a single friend offline. Also, a person who is popular on ALL may be hated in other parts of the web, or most of the web.

You never know. Just because a person has interpersonal skills in one place, doesn't mean it always translates to others.

Not to sure that's true. I think I am less popular online than in the real world.

Triple Bogey said:
SophiaGrace said:
Peaches said:

Not to sure that's true. I think I am less popular online than in the real world.

You do say that you show a different side of yourself on here than in real life though, right? Maybe that's it.

**** this arrhythmia. 130 pulse. It feels as if my heart is in my head and my ears are drums. I hate it when this happens. Again, there`s no one else around, just in case. :s

zero said:
**** this arrhythmia. 130 pulse. It feels as if my heart is in my head and my ears are drums. I hate it when this happens. Again, there`s no one else around, just in case. :s

:-s

(((((Zero)))))

zero said:

:(

johnny196775Again said:
i am sorry i said that.

discussion is good :) isn't it?
(((( )))))

Thank you Eve and Peaches. It`s getting better. Pulse dropping, pill working. Phew.

johnny196775Again said:
i am sorry i said that.

No need to be sorry.

SophiaGrace said:
Sometimes people take things and argue about them. This says nothing about you.

He asked a question and it was answered by a few people. How is that arguing?

Triple Bogey said:
TheRealCallie said:
johnny196775Again said:

I disagree. A person who receives 5 PMs from people in a week is more popular than a person who gets none. Especially if the other person is initiating the contact.

Sometimes I get none a week, and on rare occasions I'll get 20 a week. Doesn't make me less popular than anyone else. Most of the people I talk to are in chat and don't like to PM.

Latest posts

Back