What are you thinking right now?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
lonelyfairy said:
I love to help people, but I think I have met my limits now... I can't help everyone, for many hours of day. Only the most dearest ones if even that... I have my own life too with stuff to do. I can't and won't be anyone's personal psychologist. Maybe I am just too kind? I shouldn't feel guilty for saying ''no''.

I found this quote the other day.I remembered about it reading your post,Fairy.*hugs*

x6WI2R6m.jpg

I think I'm having existential crisis and I can't explain this world to myself, can't answer my ˝Why?˝ questions and I don't see any purpose in all of this...things, and I should know better by now, I'm older then ever. Sometimes I think that I am getting closer to something and then when I look second time I see that it was nothing.

My photography sorts of mirrors my life.

I think I am quite good yet nobody else does. (Apart from the odd person)
I see others on FB getting so much attention, people with web pages, groups whatever.
When I try these things nobody is bothered. People say to me try this and try that and I do
and nothing happens. People don't notice me, never have. And when I do speak up, people
don't like it.

The only other thing I am good at is golf and people hate me because of it.
The abuse I have got from many, many people is truly shocking.
Even my Dad says from time to time, he hates seeing me hit the ball down the middle all the time. It's frustrating for him.
I don't know what to suggest, play badly on purpose just to please him ?

People look at me and see 'loser' and when they see how good at golf I am, it shocks them. They don't like it.
I have been called everything on a golf course. Some guy call me a c*** for no apparent reason.

I wish I was better.

HoodedMonk said:
ladyforsaken said:
Ah, well. Nobody needs to hear this.

I would like to hear it.

Well, I was just whining about my first day back on the cycle which hit me pretty hard, nobody really needed to hear any of that though. Not like it matters anyway. Thanks for the interest though.

Triple Bogey said:

I see others on FB getting so much attention, people with web pages, groups whatever. When I try these things nobody is bothered. People say to me try this and try that and I do and nothing happens. People don't notice me, never have. And when I do speak up, people don't like it.
Even my Dad says from time to time, he hates seeing me hit the ball down the middle all the time. It's frustrating for him. I don't know what to suggest, play badly on purpose just to please him ?

People look at me and see 'loser' and when they see how good at golf I am, it shocks them. They don't like it.
I have been called everything on a golf course. Some guy call me a c*** for no apparent reason.

There are many people including myself, who don't have any talent in particular, who are fascinated by those who are talented. But for some people it just seems to be galling to see others who do have talents. Envy, TB. You're better than they are. People have a tendency to tear down things they dislike and that includes competition, particularly when their competition is far better than them. You're right, you are a talented photographer and I check up on your photos thread every chance I get. I'm pretty sure just about anyone here would tell you they like them and encourage you, because it's the truth.

Aisha said:
Triple Bogey said:

I see others on FB getting so much attention, people with web pages, groups whatever. When I try these things nobody is bothered. People say to me try this and try that and I do and nothing happens. People don't notice me, never have. And when I do speak up, people don't like it.
Even my Dad says from time to time, he hates seeing me hit the ball down the middle all the time. It's frustrating for him. I don't know what to suggest, play badly on purpose just to please him ?

There are many people including myself, who don't have any talent in particular, who are fascinated by those who are talented. But for some people it just seems to be galling to see others who do have talents. Envy, TB. You're better than they are. People have a tendency to tear down things they dislike and that includes competition, particularly when their competition is far better than them. You're right, you are a talented photographer and I check up on your photos thread every chance I get. I'm pretty sure just about anyone here would tell you they like them and encourage you, because it's the truth.

Thanks. People on here are the nicest about my photo's, so that's why I always contribute every day to that thread - 'photo of the day'

I am sure it isn't just me. When you are not part of the 'pack' or the 'circle' then it's very hard to get noticed. I bet there are some really talented people out there who just get ignored. People who write or play music or take photographs or maybe paint. Super talented people who just don't get the recognition they deserve.

I am a 3 handicap at golf, it's not like I am Tiger Woods yet many people get the hump about me. I only play with a select group, 2 or 3 on Sundays in the competitions and My Dad on Mondays. People who have never played with me before either abuse me or try to make fun by saying lame jokes.

Lady, in the past week, I have seen you eat an entire watermelon on your own, two bundles of bananas (that I know I grabbed one from the first bundle about a week ago), more than a half a pack of the ice cream things on your own (because we only had one each, and they're gone now) 5 out of the 6 pudding cups (save for the one, last one, I ate), a whole pack of bologna in just literally three days, and a giant bag of salad mix because you're under the impression that because you eat the bags of salad - with bottles upon bottles of ranch dressing, might I add - that you're eating healthy. Not to mention the plethora of snacks, candy, chocolates, and chips you've eaten. And let's not forget the countless cans of diet soda you guzzle down.

And you wonder why you have stomach pains? Really?

Why am I bothered by the smallest things, things that everyone else would just brush off? Anyway, I am. This is unacceptable! you're testing my patience.

Solivagant said:
Seems like email for personal communication is becoming as obsolete as snail mail. I asked someone to contact me via email instead of FB because I don't use FB, and they looked at me like I just walked out of last century. I was told that "nobody uses email" for that anymore.

I don't know about that....I use email all the time, especially for people who don't have Facebook. I know a few people who don't want to have an FB account.

I have to say I do like being able to have real-time conversations with people though.

Solivagant said:
Neapolitan ice cream is bad for my OCD. Must scoop equal amounts of each flavor!

I wish my OCD only concerned things such as taking equal scoops of ice cream. Instead, mine causes me to think about things I dread and tells me that I "wish" those things happened. It's torture, I hate it. I wish I could make those thoughts go away.

It got so bad I even made a thread about it:

http://www.alonelylife.com/showthread.php?tid=33145

TheSkaFish said:
I wish my OCD only concerned things such as taking equal scoops of ice cream. Instead, mine causes me to think about things I dread and tells me that I "wish" those things happened. It's torture, I hate it. I wish I could make those thoughts go away.

It got so bad I even made a thread about it:

http://www.alonelylife.com/showthread.php?tid=33145

Omg! This is exactly it! what I'm struggling with. what is this? OCD you say? it's scary. how're you coping?
things get better from time to time.

People would do better to start looking for friends before they need them instead of waiting until the premise of the friendship is, "I need someone to replace my significant other in time, spirit, and support."

zero said:
Why did user 130057 leave? :(

I don't know either But my sense is telling me, the deafening silence about his leave sure says something, hmm. I don't know what it is but sure it's something, maybe one of the folks knows it but again, secrecy and privacy comes first in all matters.

PenDragon said:
zero said:
Why did user 130057 leave? :(

I don't know either But my sense is telling me, the deafening silence about his leave sure says something, hmm. I don't know what it is but sure it's something, maybe one of the folks knows it but again, secrecy and privacy comes first in all matters.

I can't disclose why he left, and mainly because I really don't know, but I think it's okay to tell the forum that he had been thinking about leaving for a long while. So, it wasn't a split second, out of the blue thing.

I am thinking i do not have the wisdom and experience but i will try my best to do what needs to be done to make things right.

Latest posts

Back