What are you thinking right now?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
ladyforsaken said:
Some people really need to just stop it here. Stop putting people down, stop being sarcastically mean to others and just ignore posts if they have issues with another on here. It makes no sense why there is a need to pick on them, especially when they don't pick on you, on the forum. Just stop. I'm so sick and highly annoyed of seeing the pointlessly negative bickering, the derogatory attitude as well as derogatory posts to one another. You got issues with one another, fine, confront and debate but is there really a need for all the honeysuckle I just stated? Not needed.

Most of us are grown adults here. Why am I witnessing all this among grown adults?

Cue the heroic music....you have my sword! hahahaha

Peaches said:
^ ever read about the Inner Child? For some adulthood is just skin deep

I haven't read about it as a proper term or anything, but a general expression. I try to keep my inner child alive, the sense of fun and wonder and daydreaming, tempered with my adult ability to be less angry and more understanding.

I'm terrible at art. I can't draw to save my life- unless saving my life involved killing someone with amusement at how bad it is. But I guess anything can look pretty to a child's mind. To think she started because of me, just because I used to help her with her homework. She's kept up the hobby for over a decade. Inspiration can be found anywhere I suppose, but I didn't think anyone would find it in me, and with something I have the god given ability to be awful at. Good for her! Maybe I should take art classes. I'm feeling a bit inspired in turn by her. Just another example of how our actions can be meaningful even if we think they're negligible.

Aisha said:
I'm terrible at art. I can't draw to save my life- unless saving my life involved killing someone with amusement at how bad it is. But I guess anything can look pretty to a child's mind. To think she started because of me, just because I used to help her with her homework. She's kept up the hobby for over a decade. Inspiration can be found anywhere I suppose, but I didn't think anyone would find it in me, and with something I have the god given ability to be awful at. Good for her! Maybe I should take art classes. I'm feeling a bit inspired in turn by her. Just another example of how our actions can be meaningful even if we think they're negligible.

You know, this reminds me of a time I was hanging out with my friend who is a great illustrator. I was over at his house and we were going through a pile of movies, old VHS tapes. One of them was Jurassic Park. My friend had drawn his own paper cover for it, and when I saw it, it was a rather crudely drawn 2-dimensional image of a T-Rex. I realized that his drawings and my drawings looked exactly the same at that age. I mentioned this to him, and he said that most kids do tend to draw. The difference between him and most (including me) was that unlike most, he continued to take classes and lessons and learn more about it, whereas most kids never do and eventually stop. They don't grow the talent, and perhaps eventually assume that they had to be born with it and just don't have it, as I had assumed about myself.

It just made me think about talent and potential and helped me to challenge previous ideas I'd long held about our abilities and how they seemed fixed...it started me wondering, what if they were not? What if we could get a lot more creative, a lot smarter, a lot better at things that we previously thought you needed to be "special" to do? It gave me hope :) I think you should take those art classes and see how it goes this time around!

TheSkaFish said:
You know, this reminds me of a time I was hanging out with my friend who is a great illustrator. I was over at his house and we were going through a pile of movies, old VHS tapes. One of them was Jurassic Park. My friend had drawn his own paper cover for it, and when I saw it, it was a rather crudely drawn 2-dimensional image of a T-Rex. I realized that his drawings and my drawings looked exactly the same at that age. I mentioned this to him, and he said that most kids do tend to draw. The difference between him and most (including me) was that unlike most, he continued to take classes and lessons and learn more about it, whereas most kids never do and eventually stop. They don't grow the talent, and perhaps eventually assume that they had to be born with it and just don't have it, as I had assumed about myself.

It just made me think about talent and potential and helped me to challenge previous ideas I'd long held about our abilities and how they seemed fixed...it started me wondering, what if they were not? What if we could get a lot more creative, a lot smarter, a lot better at things that we previously thought you needed to be "special" to do? It gave me hope :) I think you should take those art classes and see how it goes this time around!

Thanks for the encouragement. :) That's so true. We do all have the potential to improve even in areas in which we think we're lacking. Everyone starts at zero, and we shouldn't be hindered by our own perceptions of what our limitations are, especially without even trying first. Even if some people are born with natural talent they would have to work hard to cultivate and challenge and channel those talents to help them grow, and so should everyone else. I've certainly put restrictions on myself before, out of fear.
I've never taken art before, even at school, but I've always been curious. I have time next year so I'm seriously considering taking it up, even just for the experience and the knowledge. How about you? Have you taken something up after that incident in order to test yourself?

I'm just not sure what I should do with myself. Maybe I should see a career advisor!

beautiful loser said:
TheRealCallie said:
Could someone come open this ******* jar for me? :club:
Bang the side of the lid, on your wooden cutting board, a couple of good thuds (of course not to break the glass) and twist...you'll thank me later ::D

Thanks, yeah I know all the tricks. That jar just wasn't coming open.

Also, it was a canning jar (someone canned some jam for my kid), so that trick will only dent the lid.

Sometimes when I'm really lonely, I switch on the TV in the background while I do my work. Just so it feels less quiet. Because sometimes it can get too quiet? Is that weird? :S

Veruca said:
Sometimes when I'm really lonely, I switch on the TV in the background while I do my work. Just so it feels less quiet. Because sometimes it can get too quiet? Is that weird? :S

I don't think it's weird. I think a lot of people do that.

No need to feel it's a bad day.I just have to look at all the mess I've done and had to clean since I woke up.:/

Solivagant said:
Veruca said:

I don't think it's weird. I think a lot of people do that.

You're right. As long as I don't start talking to the TV, I suppose I'm alright :D

Veruca said:

I do that too :).
Don't think it's weird.

Latest posts

Back