What are you thinking right now?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A month is WAYYYYYYY too long, to not see my girl! The 9 hour flight is gonna be a *****, but it'll be well worth it to see her!! I hope it's not TOO cold in Canada...though I'm sure she'll warm me up :p :rolleyes:

LifePath1 said:
A month is WAYYYYYYY too long, to not see my girl! The 9 hour flight is gonna be a *****, but it'll be well worth it to see her!! I hope it's not TOO cold in Canada...though I'm sure she'll warm me up :p :rolleyes:

If AB is anything like Quebec right now, we're freezing our BALLS off. It'snot cold as much as windy and humid, though I expect the Prairies might be a little less so.
Pack warm, bring mits and a hat, depending on what your habits are with the cold. End of March beginning of April you can still get the occasional 2 or 3 celcius (don't ask me in Farenheit, no idea lol)

One of my collegues came in upset to work because her husband told her she should lose weight because she is no longer attractive to him.

She is a normal sized person. In fact, she is beautiful.

So another colleague told her she should get a makeover and lose weight and prove a point to him.

I'm sitting here thinking, she should tell him to f off. It's one thing to approach the topic carefully but it's another to call your wife fat flat out. How is that ok?

And then there are guys who tell their gfs that they are beautiful, that they don't have to shave their legs or go to the gym unless they want to. Or so I've read on tumblr.

Amelia said:
One of my collegues came in upset to work because her husband told her she should lose weight because she is no longer attractive to him.

She is a normal sized person. In fact, she is beautiful.

So another colleague told her she should get a makeover and lose weight and prove a point to him.

I'm sitting here thinking, she should tell him to f off. It's one thing to approach the topic carefully but it's another to call your wife fat flat out. How is that ok?

And then there are guys who tell their gfs that they are beautiful, that they don't have to shave their legs or go to the gym unless they want to. Or so I've read on tumblr.

How attractive is the husband?

kamya said:

He's alright, but she tells me he was very much sought after in their country (she is an expat). He does go to the gym regularly and keeps himself fit. 

The thing is she was only like 15kgs lighter when he met and got married to her so it's not like she has changed that much. 

I have a lot of colleagues whose partners seem to think it's ok to pressure them to look a certain way and it's making me feel ok about being single tbh.

15kgs is quite a lot of a difference though honestly. It is kind of shallow but I guess if it really matters to him then that's all that really counts. It's up to her whether she wants to live up to his standards or not. If it were me I'd lose the 15kg and then dump him. =P

Amelia said:
kamya said:

He's alright, but she tells me he was very much sought after in their country (she is an expat). He does go to the gym regularly and keeps himself fit. 

The thing is she was only like 15kgs lighter when he met and got married to her so it's not like she has changed that much. 

I have a lot of colleagues whose partners seem to think it's ok to pressure them to look a certain way and it's making me feel ok about being single tbh.

15kg is 30lbs.  Yeah, that's a pretty good amount.  The husband definitely could have been more tactful and he was an ass for the way he said it.  However, are you 100% sure she didn't exaggerate the story?  Do you know the guy well enough to know if he would say it that way or not?  I mean, it wouldn't be the first time my ex said something and I read more into what he meant and relayed the story to friends with a bit of a twist (from my own impressions of what happened).

Oh yeah, forgot my own thought....
I should probably look into that soon now that I made the connection.

So that went really well, we just have to ensure that we keep this going and get it off the ground.

TheRealCallie said:
15kg is 30lbs.  Yeah, that's a pretty good amount.  The husband definitely could have been more tactful and he was an ass for the way he said it.  However, are you 100% sure she didn't exaggerate the story?  Do you know the guy well enough to know if he would say it that way or not?  I mean, it wouldn't be the first time my ex said something and I read more into what he meant and relayed the story to friends with a bit of a twist (from my own impressions of what happened).

I guess I'm the only who thinks 30 lbs is ok haha! 

It's possible she misread him or was too sensitive. But the thing is i've either heard this kind of thing from other friends or worst of all, that one time I actually heard a guy call his gf fat and she looked so upset. 

Not long ago, someone else told me how her husband didn't want to be intimate with her anymore because her body wasn't as attractive as her pre-baby/breastfeeding bod.

And all this makes me wonder where all the unshallow guys are :/

I don't get it. Didn't they already graduate? I should probably know the sequence to these movies by now.

They keep it so hot in these apartments I'm still warm sitting in front of the windows open to 35C snow. I need to start leaving windows open overnight.

Latest posts

Back