What are you thinking right now?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Xpendable said:
That people leave this forum because it cannot allow itself to have empathy.

I don't understand how, on here, a forum for misfits and outcasts, there is still so much support for natural selection. In spite of the fact that if you're here, it's trying to weed you out too, especially if you're a guy. If you're here, then you're probably not in the social Inner Party. It's why I get so mad when people try to "nerd-shame" me, cause it's like dude, you're part of the social underclass too, so don't try to shame me there, Uncle Tom. It's like poor Republicans. I don't get it.
And I think it's possible to like women, or at least think they are as all right as anyone/no particular negative feelings, while not liking natural selection/sexual selection.

Even if the game can't be changed, you'd think there'd be at least a little more understanding that the people who aren't favored by it, don't like it.

Also, I can't help but think that one reason similar themes keep coming up, is that people aren't ever allowed to talk them out to a conclusion.  So the issue never gets resolved.  More and more I'm reminded of grade school here - conflict wasn't allowed there, so issues were never really resolved there either. You had to just force fake smiles and pretend everything was fine. People feel what they feel, for the reasons they have.  It's not invalid.  It's hard to not be bitter about something, when you keep getting treated like you are "less than", like it's not what you're doing that's the problem, it's that you ARE the problem.  I feel like maybe, just maybe, some people could even get a little better if they could talk their feelings to a conclusion instead of always being cut off.  Or at least they could get it all out, and maybe clear their minds.

But, no free speech.  Toe the party line, or else.  Cool story bro. Or should I say, cool story comrade?  :rolleyes:

ladyforsaken said:
I must tell myself not to feel guilty if I decided to game or watch a show right now.

Don't.  In fact, when you're busy or stressed out, it's probably the times we deserve those things the most.  It's healthy to give yourself some kind of outlet for stress relief.  No shame in that.

pups-1440603416.gif
Ur Welcome :shy:

I'm thinking that I should rob a bank

Xpendable said:
That people leave this forum because it cannot allow itself to have empathy.

They also leave because of *insert another word for ******** here* who attack others for having "no empathy"  while having none themselves =)

TheRealCallie said:
I'd rather have that person keep the money and another person give me money.  At least the latter has reason to give me money.

The sound of gift horse dentistry. :rolleyes:

Lacrecia said:
Show me your books, Harper. I love books.

It's a houseful... shelves double- and triple-parked on every floor. 
No camera, though.  No relatives or heirs, either-- have to get rid
of most of the library eventually, but it will be a lot of work and a
lot of difficult decisions. 

Books are about the only possessions to which I attach any kind
of sentimental value.

I just watched an episode of hoarders about a guy who hoarded books....was that you?

harper said:
TheRealCallie said:
I'd rather have that person keep the money and another person give me money.  At least the latter has reason to give me money.

The sound of gift horse dentistry. :rolleyes:

Nah, I just don't need or want my grandmother giving me an outrageous amount of money every time I do the tiniest favor for her.  
And my ex owes me money, so yeah, he can give me money.

harper said:
Lacrecia said:
Show me your books, Harper. I love books.

It's a houseful... shelves double- and triple-parked on every floor. 
No camera, though.  No relatives or heirs, either-- have to get rid
of most of the library eventually, but it will be a lot of work and a
lot of difficult decisions. 

Books are about the only possessions to which I attach any kind
of sentimental value.

I'd rid you of them. What kind of books are they? philosophy? psychology? Literature <3??

I collect illustrated children's books, late 19C & up. Also, animation history, English language, topical dictionaries and
comparative anatomy, the lives of various artists, tons of autobiography and collected letters.

My folks also collected books, and the libraries merged-- she had a large pioneer history collection, historical journals/diaries, several sets of Classics and probably everything written by serious bibliophiles. Plus, there are
cookbooks. Omigosh... there are cookbooks. She was a librarian and a teacher, and never begrudged money
spent on books.

Add to this, my dad's medical library, entomology, cosmology and world history shelves. Plus a room full of
science fiction and thriller novels... pretty much the only fiction in the house.

So it's not like hoarding, given the cumulative nature of the thing, but it's still going to be hard to weed out the
ones that have no meaning for me. It's kind of nice to be around and among them-- dusting, browsing and
selecting various volumes. It feels like home. :O)

TheRealCallie said:
I have philosophical books, liley.

The author is.....Dr. Seuss. :)

I have a biography of Dr Seuss sitting on the table in front of me!

He's one of a handful of "great" writers we've spawned over here.
Better than Hemingway and Fitzgerald, in my opinion.  Something
everybody can relate to.

I collect illustrated children's books, late 19C & up.  Also, animation history, English language, topical dictionaries and
comparative anatomy, the lives of various artists, tons of autobiography and collected letters.  

My folks also collected books, and the libraries merged-- she had a large pioneer history collection, historical journals/diaries, several sets of Classics and probably everything written by serious bibliophiles.  Plus, there are
cookbooks.  Omigosh... there are cookbooks.  She was a librarian and a teacher, and never begrudged money
spent on books.  

Add to this, my dad's medical library, entomology, cosmology and world history shelves.  Plus a room full of
science fiction and thriller novels... pretty much the only fiction in the house.

So it's not like hoarding, given the cumulative nature of the thing, but it's still going to be hard to weed out the
ones that have no meaning for me.  It's kind of nice to be around and among them-- dusting, browsing and
selecting various volumes.  It feels like home.   :O)

This is beautiful

I have a biography of Dr Seuss sitting on the table in front of me!

He's one of a handful of "great" writers we've spawned over here.
Better than Hemingway and Fitzgerald, in my opinion.  Something
everybody can relate to.

"Better than..."????
Liley disapproves of this. We could have been friends.

Lacrecia said:
"Better than..."????
Liley disapproves of this. We could have been friends.

Hemingway reveled in the death of animals on a rainy afternoon after a funeral
and Fitzy gave us alcoholism and a tedious American class system.

Dr Seuss gave us the Zizzer Zazzer Zuzz.

Your witness.

0AjO4D.jpg

Hemingway reveled in the death of animals on a rainy afternoon after a funeral
and Fitzy gave us alcoholism and a tedious American class system.

Dr Seuss gave us the Zizzer Zazzer Zuzz.

I'll pretend I've never seen this.

I'm thinking that I'm sleepy and i need coffee asap

Latest posts

Back