What are you thinking right now?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I posted for years on a forum called "V7N," which was actually a web programming/design site, but a pretty tight social community arose around it that had little to do with the site's original intent. I met and talked with people from all over the world, even started some personal communications with a few and we all vowed to stay forever in touch. Well, you probably know what happened. Infighting started on certain topics, some key members were banned, resentment brewed between different camps and eventually everyone left and the site became a smouldering shadow of what it once was. A few spinoff forums started up and one or two seemed to be gaining momentum, but then everyone seemed to flee to Facebook, which could in no way capture the spirit or interaction of the old forum. We lost touch, some dropped off the internet altogether and most I have no idea what happened to. Since I only knew their forum names (with the exception of one or two people), I had no way to track them down. The V7N forum closed a year or two ago and it looks like the site went completely offline mid last year. I think I posted there regularly for 5 or 6 years, maybe more. I really miss it and all of the virtual people there, but all things must pass, so they say.
Ah, yes, the old programming forums. They were great. It seemed like everybody was interested in sharing and helping each other. A lot of really great freeware came from a lot of those sites. Now if you need a simple utility you either have to figure it out yourself or pay someone that sucked up all the freeware from all the old sites.

Had a frustrating day,delt with a broken off bolt that about kicked my butt.I got it out welding a nut on it.Then an employee we hired two weeks ago,borrowed this same welding helmet of mine without asking me breaking the lense.He is paying for a new lense which is on order.

I hate marketing. 😩
How do people do this for a living??
EVERYTHING about it is both greedy AND boring.
Snooze Fest Level: 11/10 😴
I once knew a woman who worked in advertising for a pretty large firm. She told me out loud more than once: "I know I'm going to Hell."

I hate marketing. 😩
How do people do this for a living??
EVERYTHING about it is both greedy AND boring.
Snooze Fest Level: 11/10 😴

That's how I feel about most mundane tasks, that are just things that need doing - how can anyone do this, day in and day out, for the rest of their lives? It's a snooze fest.

I just don't have a better answer yet. 🤷‍♂️ Wish I did, though.

Latest posts

Back