What are you thinking right now?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Really? I thought ppl, who can't afford a therapy, just don't get one? What about those without an insurance? Here, everyone has one, that's better than nothing. I couldn't pay a treatment on my own.
It depends on the place, where you live. The city I lived before, it was easier to find a therapist there. Just now, in the upper north, it's really a pain in the ass. Of course, If you have a private insurance, you don't have a problem, that's for ppl with a good income.
Yes, I will go to a support group soon, but I need a specialized therapy for Borderline with DBT and I still need to undergo a trauma therapy.

Really? I thought ppl, who can't afford a therapy, just don't get one? What about those without an insurance? Here, everyone has one, that's better than nothing. I couldn't pay a treatment on my own.
It depends on the place, where you live. The city I lived before, it was easier to find a therapist there. Just now, in the upper north, it's really a pain in the ass. Of course, If you have a private insurance, you don't have a problem, that's for ppl with a good income.
Yes, I will go to a support group soon, but I need a specialized therapy for Borderline with DBT and I still need to undergo a trauma therapy.

There are always places that will take people without insurance. They typically have a sliding scale based on your income and as long as you can pay at least a little, they usually let you continue.
Some might say they aren't the greatest places, but my son literally found THE PERFECT therapist for him at a place like that. I don't recall why we ended up taking him to that place, but I'm so glad we did. When it comes to some things, especially therapists, expensive doesn't always mean the best. You never know where you are going to find the right match for you.

I hope you can find something/someone that works for you.

8 days until my next day off from work, and I'm guaranteed at least 3 12-hour days. Were I still in my early 20's, this wouldn't suck so much. The most important life lesson I've learned is the difference between 10 years on the human body and mind. It's no wonder to me that they call us "products of our environment," how many products do you know of that are currently manufactured with a 10 year warranty claim? There aren't many left like that anymore.

See, America might be expensive, but we rarely, if ever have this kind of issue. There's no reason you should have to wait that long, I don't care what kind of mental disorders/illness you have. It's unacceptable.
Are there any other options? Online meetings with someone in a different area? Traveling to one in a different area? Even support groups online? Anything?
A lot of it is to do with funding, least where I am MH services are so very poorly funded it means they are over worked and underpiad so unless you can afford it you're pretty much screwed therapy wise.

Administrator's note: Due to the originality of the question it asks this thread falls under the criteria of "Essential" and hereby shall remain as a historical landmark of aLonelyLife.com in the form of a sticky. Thank You, ThatOneGuy!

4th of April 2008

- Robin
-----------------

Just type exactly what you are thinking right now. Exactly what you are thinking... don't hold back(except if it is explicit, against another member or the forum, etc.).

Just a thread to clear your thoughts with.

And.......................................................................... GO!
This is a question that I have been asked many times over the years, almost always by women. Guys don’t ask profound, or potentially embarrassing questions like this; we tend to walk along pointing and grunting at objects of mutual interest. Occasionally we may have an actual conversation, but it will usually involve specific questions such as, “I’m hungry, are you hungry?” or “Where are we going again?”

Women, on the other hand, are much more verbal, and in general tend to have a great deal more brain-wave activity. They believe that when men are quiet it means we are deep in thought about some important topic, probably involving our relationship to them, and to other members of the community, and perhaps tying that personal perspective together with Einstein’s Theory of Relativity and Shakespeare’s ninth sonnet. When in truth what we are thinking is, “Did I remember to take a shower?”

I had an awful day, was being sick so much I wet myself… if this is me in my prime what on earth am I gonna be like at 80? 😞😅

It depends. If you make little to no money here you can get on access. But, if you make more then a little you are totally screwed. I did get to talk to a psychiatrist a couple times. But, I was delivered to them in cuffs and chains by the laws dogs. Their main focus was that I wasn't going to hurt myself or others. After that they didn't give a honeysuckle and told me to find support groups. You used to be able to find cheap social workers. But, you can learn more just from reading stuff online. At the end of the day, YOU are the only person that can help yourself. The shrinks just help facilitate that by asking probing questions that you have to end up answering.

This is a question that I have been asked many times over the years, almost always by women. Guys don’t ask profound, or potentially embarrassing questions like this; we tend to walk along pointing and grunting at objects of mutual interest. Occasionally we may have an actual conversation, but it will usually involve specific questions such as, “I’m hungry, are you hungry?” or “Where are we going again?”

Women, on the other hand, are much more verbal, and in general tend to have a great deal more brain-wave activity. They believe that when men are quiet it means we are deep in thought about some important topic, probably involving our relationship to them, and to other members of the community, and perhaps tying that personal perspective together with Einstein’s Theory of Relativity and Shakespeare’s ninth sonnet. When in truth what we are thinking is, “Did I remember to take a shower?”
I'm quiet in real life. Had a couple of guys asked me "What are you thinking right now?" when I'm not talking. How do I tell them there is the sound of crickets in my head?
Sometimes I think I'm in a upside down world. 😕

It depends. If you make little to no money here you can get on access. But, if you make more then a little you are totally screwed. I did get to talk to a psychiatrist a couple times. But, I was delivered to them in cuffs and chains by the laws dogs. Their main focus was that I wasn't going to hurt myself or others. After that they didn't give a honeysuckle and told me to find support groups. You used to be able to find cheap social workers. But, you can learn more just from reading stuff online. At the end of the day, YOU are the only person that can help yourself. The shrinks just help facilitate that by asking probing questions that you have to end up answering.
Yeps i’ve been handcuffed and dragged out because my mum exaggerated the whole situation over the phone so they would come quickly 🙃 They put me in what would be a 3 star hotel room with no door handles just nothing to hurt myself with so pathetic. Unlike in the US you dont have to pay for the pleasure over here.

I want a love worth dying for …

I kind of get it.
You'll find it eventually. :)
Don't lose faith in that.
I lost faith in it and it's physically noticeable.
That's why I don't look at older pictures of myself when I was younger.
Because there was still life in my eyes then.
I have those pictures, but I mean, like any sentimental memory, that's not something you just casually stroll through, you know?
So don't lose faith in it. Don't be me in your future. :)

I kind of get it.
You'll find it eventually. :)
Don't lose faith in that.
I lost faith in it and it's physically noticeable.
That's why I don't look at older pictures of myself when I was younger.
Because there was still life in my eyes then.
I have those pictures, but I mean, like any sentimental memory, that's not something you just casually stroll through, you know?
So don't lose faith in it. Don't be me in your future. :)
Get your faith back start following #couplegoals on insta lol im joking but thats sad I like and dislike looking at old pictures of me I think what a *****… but what a happy confident sexy *****… now I look at myself like what a stray dog lol

Get your faith back start following #couplegoals on insta lol im joking but thats sad I like and dislike looking at old pictures of me I think what a *****… but what a happy confident sexy *****… now I look at myself like what a stray dog lol

I'm not on any social media. I'm in my early/middle 30s and not really a phone kind of a guy.
If that's you though, you're actually quite pretty. (y)

Hey - you can't blame me if you looked it up yourself! 😆
It's my investigative, journalistic mind at play. . . You can't make an obscure comment like, "Don't make me invoke Rebecca Black!!!" without considering the possibility that the person reading it might not have a clue what you're talking about. Next time, add a disclaimer for disturbing honeysuckle like that. . . :ROFLMAO: :p

Sheesh, man!

Latest posts

Back