What are you thinking right now?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Was that smartassy? I can't tell when someone is being a smartass.
If it was, that's cool too. I can explain the situation if you want to hear it. If not, ok.

No, it was 100% sincere, but it was over text so I can see how that could cause confusion.

I'm rarely, if ever, a smartass, and I don't consider myself very good at it. I don't think I have natural instincts or the right personality for it. I don't have any beef with you anyway, lol. I don't just pick on people that haven't done anything to me, out of nowhere.

I meant "hopefully it goes well" in a serious/good way.

I don't just pick on people that haven't done anything to me, out of nowhere.
You're a rare one in this case. I think most people dislike people without even ever speaking to them personally anymore.. comes off that way half the time..

ya know the kind, always have a wise-crack for someone. 90% of the time, those kinds are all bark and no bite.

Last edited:
You're a rare one in this case. I think most people dislike people without even ever speaking to them personally anymore.. comes off that way half the time

It's how I've always tried to be, how I was raised and just what naturally makes sense...live and let live, you know.

There have, however, been times both on here, other online spaces, and in the offline world where I have disliked someone without them speaking to me personally - but it was usually because the person was a bully or otherwise just a jerk, or was expressing views that I was really against.

And there have been times where I thought someone was bad, but I realized I had them wrong, and that really I was somewhat of the bad guy at the time, and I changed my mind.

But mostly, yeah I try not to just antagonize someone right out of the gate.

No, it was 100% sincere, but it was over text so I can see how that could cause confusion.

I'm rarely, if ever, a smartass, and I don't consider myself very good at it. I don't think I have natural instincts or the right personality for it. I don't have any beef with you anyway, lol. I don't just pick on people that haven't done anything to me, out of nowhere.

The only reason I asked was because earlier JesseC said he was being a smart as but I didn't realize it. I don't mind it. I just don't want to be one back.

Well now I feel like I have to explain. I haven't been with a man in a long time. Lots of reasons but my son being the most important. This guy is younger, but we get along real well. We work out together and he's been working with my son with boxing. I like him, my son likes him. He's been asking me for a bit now. My son is ok with it so I've decided to just go for it. Im not getting any younger and I didn't realize how much I had missed so much until recently. And yes if things seem to be on the up and up I am looking forward to sex again. Obviously not tonight but maybe soon.

I like to shuck corn. But, ne'er do i know what is happening aft reading the last two pages of this thread. Some people are having sex all the time, other people are playing with their sim cards and then; of course-- best of all; the thing about "POINTLESSLY HUGE CARS" -- now i'm thinking about the reasoning behind those?????????? egads... lmao as i scratch my head? Hey-- are the People at Apple really all drunk? Certainly, i am most ... confused or something like it... ty, laughing now. ty to all.

Last edited:
Hey-- are the People at Apple really all drunk? Certainly, i am most ... confused or something like it... ty, laughing now. ty you all.

It's not so much that it's specific to Apple, as it is to engineers. I imagine engineers in general as alcoholics and chain-smokers, since they're always doing complicated work and are stressed out all the time. They're good at math, but constantly angry and swearing, super-serious, all work, no play.

Apologies if you happen to be an engineer, lol. I made the stereotype up, and I only half-believe it.

I think I hate ageing more than anything, speaking for me personally that is: I'd rather be sick or poor than getting old...
I read somewhere to not worry too much about being old because it doesn't last forever. Make the best of the time you have. Besides if you were sick you'd want to be healthy, poor you'd want to be rich, old you want to be young. Don't wait til you are dead to want to be old. Just saying...some people are never satisfied

I read somewhere to not worry too much about being old because it doesn't last forever. Make the best of the time you have. Besides if you were sick you'd want to be healthy, poor you'd want to be rich, old you want to be young. Don't wait til you are dead to want to be old. Just saying...some people are never satisfied

Thanks for the uplifting words lol. Plus, I find what incel kids call "cope" though, it's a very serious business:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Boltzmann_brain
Now I'm not saying this idea is directly related to aging but the concept applies: everything we see may be an illusion, including aging and death. In fact according to the argument it is most likely an illusion and as of today's date it's not considered pseudo-science, quite the contrary something getting more acceptance among so called "main stream science".

What if life, is and all we do, are and be is really someone writing a book, prose or something? And what if, if we forget something, it's because they deleted the text of what we were before? ... and... ??????

Well the simulation hypothesis has been considered ever since Descartes and I bet before that, popularized by the "Matrix" movie series and discussed here for example:

What if life, is and all we do, are and be is really someone writing a book, prose or something? And what if, if we forget something, it's because they deleted the text of what we were before? ... and... ??????
And....this is all very....too much for my simple little mind. Besides, I have to go wash my dang hair. I got a date tonight...first in over a decade. I feel like such an idiot.....maybe someone will delete this part of my night.

??? Okay why is that video "Unavailable" and why do you have "Dang" hair? What kinda hair is that? Red Hair? Why do people take pills?

Latest posts

Back