What are you thinking right now?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Holy honeysuckle I'm gorgeous....oh nope that was my son using some thing on his phone. Im still plain ole me.
Holy honeysuckle I'm 12 years old...oh nope that was another filter thing.
Holy honeysuckle I'm a 70 year old man....oh nope. How do you know what is real and what is fake?
People being ******** is real. People being concerned about you is fake.

Really? Is it the maintenance?
It's energy. The generator cost a gallon an hour to run. Plugging in takes someplace to be. Monthly parking was $300. Water and power cost extra.

We have an RV park near here that's $85 per day. Power and water extra.

Add to those the monthly RV payment of $400. That was fifteen years ago.

It's fun to park out in the desert and keep the power demand low and just go for days with no worries. But then it takes three days to charge the batteries back up. The generator takes fuel from the vehicle tank. Run the genny for 48 hours and you've drained the tank. You need some left to drive on.

Maintenance is extra. And there is a lot if you use it much. I had a class C. It needed upkeep for a truck and a house. It cost extra to dump the tanks. And that's a shitty job, trust me. If you stretch it you'll dump about once a week.

Clean water tank was 30 gallons. That's less than two normal showers or baths. It can be hard to fill the water tank on the road. You plan your stay-overs by your utilities.

Lets not forget propane which can cost as much as filling the fuel tank. You have to be careful to buy an RV with a current inspection for the propane tank or service can be refused. The fridge runs on propane when you aren't plugged in. It doesn't take much but it uses it all the time.

Not all was bad. We found an RV park in New Mexico that was $20 per night and power and water was included. But even at that it's $600 fee plus $400 monthly.

You can't camp in city limits most often. State parks charge you and don't have power or water in most cases. Walmart has stopped it's RV parking policy. Too many people dumped their black water tanks in the parking lots.

I paid $25,000 and got three months use. It sat in the yard until I sold it. I only could get $8000 and he tried to talk me down.

I'm not saying it can't be manageable. I'm saying you'll spend a fortune before you learn the ropes. Even then owning a house could be cheaper.

Just sayin'

It's energy. The generator cost a gallon an hour to run. Plugging in takes someplace to be. Monthly parking was $300. Water and power cost extra.

We have an RV park near here that's $85 per day. Power and water extra.

Add to those the monthly RV payment of $400. That was fifteen years ago.

It's fun to park out in the desert and keep the power demand low and just go for days with no worries. But then it takes three days to charge the batteries back up. The generator takes fuel from the vehicle tank. Run the genny for 48 hours and you've drained the tank. You need some left to drive on.

Maintenance is extra. And there is a lot if you use it much. I had a class C. It needed upkeep for a truck and a house. It cost extra to dump the tanks. And that's a shitty job, trust me. If you stretch it you'll dump about once a week.

Clean water tank was 30 gallons. That's less than two normal showers or baths. It can be hard to fill the water tank on the road. You plan your stay-overs by your utilities.

Lets not forget propane which can cost as much as filling the fuel tank. You have to be careful to buy an RV with a current inspection for the propane tank or service can be refused. The fridge runs on propane when you aren't plugged in. It doesn't take much but it uses it all the time.

Not all was bad. We found an RV park in New Mexico that was $20 per night and power and water was included. But even at that it's $600 fee plus $400 monthly.

You can't camp in city limits most often. State parks charge you and don't have power or water in most cases. Walmart has stopped it's RV parking policy. Too many people dumped their black water tanks in the parking lots.

I paid $25,000 and got three months use. It sat in the yard until I sold it. I only could get $8000 and he tried to talk me down.

I'm not saying it can't be manageable. I'm saying you'll spend a fortune before you learn the ropes. Even then owning a house could be cheaper.

Just sayin'
Thank you for all the info. Just so happens my sister came over for supper tonight and was going on about how it wouldn't be worth the money. Probably for the best since I tend to lose interest in things once the novelty of it has worn off. I just really want to buy something.

Thank you for all the info. Just so happens my sister came over for supper tonight and was going on about how it wouldn't be worth the money. Probably for the best since I tend to lose interest in things once the novelty of it has worn off. I just really want to buy something.
An RV is work. Set up and tear down, coordinating utilities. There is always something that needs attention. Then there is the inconvenience if you fail to follow your routine. Running out of something while boondocking (parked without plugins) is more than a nuisance.

Most RV's come with 2 coach batteries in addition to the cab battery that does no good to the coach. I installed two extra batteries for leisure and computer work. All four could be drained in a day.

Would I do it again? With just me maybe. But I'd have to have more than average savings.

Are you a food snob? 😂
I guess it can come off that way.. unintentionally lol
Im one of those people who just likes to be sure of what is in my food, that's all..

I make everything at home. The only thing that lasted the longest buying out - was coffee. But I stopped that too. I haven't even ordered a pizza in over a year because we make our own at home. More cost effective that way. You shell out the extra money for a good quality cast iron pizza pan one time, buy the ingredients of your choice, and you can make a really good quality pizza right at home. And as many as you want. I love pizza.

It's kind of therapeutic for me to cook and bake. So I don't mind it.

Maybe i should have omitted that one. Wasn't trying to offend anyone so, apologies

Last edited:
I was picking really. I'm the same way about food. I prefer fresh food bought locally and we produce a good bit in our garden. Rarely do we buy overly processed food. Some things are unavoidable: cheese and other dairy products for instance. The only cheese we can get fresh is goat's milk cheese from the Amish and my son and I eat a lot of cheese. I only buy blocks, never slices, shreds, nothing. Just little things like that. But yeah, homemade pizza in a cast iron skillet or on a grill is one of my favorites. My mother makes her own marinara and we just freeze it, take it out when we need it. All from home grown tomatoes and herbs. I will eat food from a restaurant but its not that often and McDonalds fries only when my dogs are with me. They are yummy with the sweet and sour sauce if I regret it later.

I'm thinking about hurting myself and other people. No I lied. But I always wonder if people answered the questions "Are you suicidal? Have you been thinking about hurting other people?" with a yes.

Cuz if i'm suicidal or thinking about hurting other people I wouldn't tell anyone. that's the last thing id do.

The only cheese we can get fresh is goat's milk cheese from the Amish and my son and I eat a lot of cheese.
I just got some Goat milk and cheese from the amish farm a week or so ago...
Poor guy, he's getting hammered by the gov't - they want him to pay 300K in fines..
All he's trying to do is prepare and sell quality food and they're relentlessly going after him

Latest posts

Back