What are you thinking right now?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Welp, I'm a big loser...

No really, my kids just kicked my butt in Uno Flip.
Uno sucks (because I don't know how to play it 😉)
I just slept 9 hours. I'm a bit stunned lol. It's also almost midnight and I can't exercise or go for a walk...so what am I supposed to do? Hopefully there's something interesting on Netflix...

Police officers are not piad for physical trainings, so they have to do in on their non-working tine, don't they? Or do they have gym in a ploice station or smth like this?

Police officers are not piad for physical trainings, so they have to do in on their non-working tine, don't they? Or do they have gym in a ploice station or smth like this?
depends where you mean. some places might and other might not. where i worked we had a small gym, which was used, but always in the person's own time, but most often others went to proper established gyms to keep fit. many others though didn't bother doing any fitness training at all, either because they were lazy or took the stand that "if the dept wants me to be fit, they should pay me to do so".

depends where you mean. some places might and other might not. where i worked we had a small gym, which was used, but always in the person's own time, but most often others went to proper established gyms to keep fit. many others though didn't bother doing any fitness training at all, either because they were lazy or took the stand that "if the dept wants me to be fit, they should pay me to do so".
Thank you. Yeap, persons's own time - is what I meant mostly, no matter where exactly a gym is located.
"If the dept wants me to be fit, they should pay me to do so" - I also think so. Why not if it is important.
Some(a lot?) companies learn their workers during the working hours. I see a police work as more important, that typing in the office. A kind of unfair.

Thank you. Yeap, persons's own time - is what I meant mostly, no matter where exactly a gym is located.
"If the dept wants me to be fit, they should pay me to do so" - I also think so. Why not if it is important.
Some(a lot?) companies learn their workers during the working hours. I see a police work as more important, that typing in the office. A kind of unfair.
all comes down to money. budgets are always an issue for police departments.

HA! Isn't it ever...I don't know how it is in Australia, but here, pressure and requirements for police keeps getting greater and greater, but when it's time to actually fund the thing, suddenly the elected officials pull a Houdini act lol.
Oh, we don't have money, budgetary constraints, blah blah...it's a thankless job where you don't get congratulated and get taken for granted when you do something exceptional, but when something bad happens, they are pretty quick to toss you under the bus and not care. My uncle was a cop for 29 years, he ended up quitting the force one year from retirement because of moral issues. The city district wanted to enforce a mandatory number of contraventions every month, his argument was, I'm not a tax collector, I'll give tickets when it's justified according to MY judgment. If you insist,you can have my shield. They insisted...he went to drive a cab for another 10 years lol.
My dad kind of called him an idiot. I admired his principles. But, as I wanted to become a cop as well at the time, that gave me some pause. The stories he'd tell us...it's a dangerous, demanding job and you get little back from it. Which is real sad, because when you NEED a cop and he or she makes an impact in your lives, you're damned happy to have them.

HA! Isn't it ever...I don't know how it is in Australia, but here, pressure and requirements for police keeps getting greater and greater, but when it's time to actually fund the thing, suddenly the elected officials pull a Houdini act lol.
Oh, we don't have money, budgetary constraints, blah blah...it's a thankless job where you don't get congratulated and get taken for granted when you do something exceptional, but when something bad happens, they are pretty quick to toss you under the bus and not care. My uncle was a cop for 29 years, he ended up quitting the force one year from retirement because of moral issues. The city district wanted to enforce a mandatory number of contraventions every month, his argument was, I'm not a tax collector, I'll give tickets when it's justified according to MY judgment. If you insist,you can have my shield. They insisted...he went to drive a cab for another 10 years lol.
My dad kind of called him an idiot. I admired his principles. But, as I wanted to become a cop as well at the time, that gave me some pause. The stories he'd tell us...it's a dangerous, demanding job and you get little back from it. Which is real sad, because when you NEED a cop and he or she makes an impact in your lives, you're damned happy to have them.
It's sad because so many join up for really good reasons (well, they used to at least) to really make a difference in society and help people, then after several years they realise there's so much working against them they feel useless, taken for granted and used as fodder and scapegoats for higher ranks. Our state police force has major problems with members leaving in droves the last few years and is having a lot of trouble recruiting new members, and is continually lowering entry standards to get more people through. It's a joke and I feel bad for the community who are paying the price big time in feeling protected.

Nice crew I got this morning lol.
They all went out drinking while I passed out. Now I got my sister thriwing up in her room, her friend throwing up in the bathroom and me badly wanting to pee. Amateurs who can't hold their liquor lol.

Just enjoying the morning coffee. I don’t usually sit out the front like this, but the winter sun is just too nice to pass up. The only downside is the sound of road noise beyond the trees ahead. You can’t see the traffic so the sound is so out of place to the view, which is annoying. Road noise is probably the most aggravating sound to me.

IMG_7935.jpeg

I'm sorry that you had a honeysuckle experience. I totally understand the job wasn't for you. That's your experience. You also moved on to another job that you seem to enjoy, a few years ago already. So I'm proud of you for that.
So far, I'm having a great experience at this job. And you insisting at telling me how I'm going to hate my job soon because that was your experience, while I am trying to do my job, is not going to make me dislike my job. It's actually making me rethink whether or not I want to hang out with you socially. You seem to have developed a real dislike for the change I've brought into my own life, and I think that I need to back away now.

Wanted to ask.
Were you in the Au. military as well?
I know a lot of policemen were in the military.
I always felt I made a mistake by not joining ROTC in college.
I think the military might have helped me be more "normal". Broke me of my idiosyncrasies at a young age.

So you want 200 000$ for 40 square meters house, build in 1940s and destroyed by earthquake , in some sort of sh1th0le.

Amazing logic. :D

Wanted to ask.
Were you in the Au. military as well?
I know a lot of policemen were in the military.
I always felt I made a mistake by not joining ROTC in college.
I think the military might have helped me be more "normal". Broke me of my idiosyncrasies at a young age.
No I wasn’t in the military but I was a civil pilot doing commercial work and instruction.

OK now for some good news...

We took the new shade out of my room that smelled like chemicals. That seems to be getting better already.

And the smoke might be leaving earlier than expected! I hope so 🤞
Changing the curtains in my room also seems to have at least somewhat lessened the brutal heat. So that's nice too.

Next I have to research running shoes...unfortunately it's time for a new pair.

False hope - the smoke came back, and so did the heat, it just took longer to get miserable in here.

I'm so tired of this f*cking heat. Summer used to be my favorite season, now it's my least because all I do is worry about my things being destroyed because of the temperature. I think sometime in the 2010s, that's when I noticed climate change starting to get bad. Winter got colder, summer got hotter, and when it did rain, it rained way more intensely. Spring and fall got way shorter, they used to be full seasons. Now they're just blips in between a huge summer and winter. Things are definitely not as good as they used to be.

False hope - the smoke came back, and so did the heat, it just took longer to get miserable in here.

I'm so tired of this f*cking heat. Summer used to be my favorite season, now it's my least because all I do is worry about my things being destroyed because of the temperature. I think sometime in the 2010s, that's when I noticed climate change starting to get bad. Winter got colder, summer got hotter, and when it did rain, it rained way more intensely. Spring and fall got way shorter, they used to be full seasons. Now they're just blips in between a huge summer and winter. Things are definitely not as good as they used to be.
Humans were inevitably going to face unbearable climate at some point. Just a matter of when.

Latest posts

Back