What are you thinking right now?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So the downside of dating a girl across the street is when you split one of you has to move or it all becomes a wee bit uncomfortable.

I found a tenant for my house today and rented a cottage in a small village in the West Country. It's a few miles from my daughter, I'm looking forward to spending more time with her. The villagers seem a bit odd though, I got some really creepy looks this morning, I'm pretty sure they're planning to put me in a wicker man. 🔥 😱 🔥

When you hear a growing buzzing sound behind you, it might be a good time to get out of Dodge 🐝

Best of luck with the move though (y)

So the downside of dating a girl across the street is when you split one of you has to move or it all becomes a wee bit uncomfortable.

I found a tenant for my house today and rented a cottage in a small village in the West Country. It's a few miles from my daughter, I'm looking forward to spending more time with her.

That rough. On the bright side though I'm glad you'll be seeing more of your daughter. ^_^

The villagers seem a bit odd though, I got some really creepy looks this morning, I'm pretty sure they're planning to put me in a wicker man. 🔥 😱 🔥

Run away. 🏃‍♂️💨

When you hear a growing buzzing sound behind you, it might be a good time to get out of Dodge 🐝

Best of luck with the move though (y)

Thanks man.

I've never understood how Nic Cage has a career, I can't watch anything with him in it.
Run away. 🏃‍♂️💨
Sound advice my friend but once they've marked your card you're stuffed.

I'm not sure it;s a right topic but I don't want to make a new one just for the few posts. And I'm definitely am thinking about it right now.
And I need to vent it. Or maybe someone can give me any advise.

Why this damned bird came here? Why did it choose my window? There are 24 flats in this house and anothre house is quite close and I have a lot of problems without it, why did it choose to be my headache??? I don't like pigeons, I don't want it be here, it lefts let's call it the traces of its presence.

A white pigeon with a band on each leg(or whatever they have, one light blue, other - dark blue... maybe it's a boy?). So it first came on the 10th, at a sunset and landed on my windowsill. I thought maybe it got lost and needed some rest, so I let it alone. When I wake up in the morning it wasn't there anymore. I thought it found it's way but today it's back(and I think it could here in one of the previous night as I heard some noice and thought it could be a bird, but I didn't woke up completely).
I can't read the numbers on the bands without catching a bird, and I'm not sure there is something useful for me there(and to tell the truth, I'd like not to touch the bird though I think it's safe)).
So instead of making ready some documents, I need, I googled what to do. I found only one local web, and there are no contacts and one local(I think so) forum about the pigeons and posted it there, I'm not sure if it still works though(and I don't speak local language and google translate is not good with it too).
Well, also I found out pigeons do drink(not like I'm completely slow, just a bit, so haven't thought about it), so I gave it water, but it is sleeping now and not paying any attention to me(I hope it didn't die... it's eyes are opened, but it looks like a sleeping bird, it is staying on one leg).
I'm too tired to find out what do they eat(I know bread is very bad for them, oat flakes? won't it stay here forever if I feed it?) or anything else and I have to get up early tomorrow. So I think the best thing to do is to go to a bed.
I'll try to write to my landlord if he know some local pigeon clubs(or I dunno, what it can be called), but I doubt he does.

I want to get rid of it in a humanistical way. All I knew yesterday about the pigeons, was that they used to be the postmen and that there are still probably some pigeonry left from the Middle Ages.

P.S. A quote from google translate: "I didn't take pictures of the old ones because I miss babysitters, so I dried their panties so they could go to bed by themselves".... Either google is a pervert or people here dry the pigeon's panties :oops: :rolleyes:

Last edited:
I'm not sure it;s a right topic but I don't want to make a new one just for the few posts. And I'm definitely am thinking about it right now.
And I need to vent it. Or maybe someone can give me any advise.

Why this damned bird came here? Why did it choose my window? There are 24 flats in this house and anothre house is quite close and I have a lot of problems without it, why did it choose to be my headache??? I don't like pigeons, I don't want it be here, it lefts let's call it the traces of its presence.

A white pigeon with a band on each leg(or whatever they have, one light blue, other - dark blue... maybe it's a boy?). So it first came on the 10th, at a sunset and landed on my windowsill. I thought maybe it got lost and needed some rest, so I let it alone. When I wake up in the morning it wasn't there anymore. I thought it found it's way but today it's back(and I think it could here in one of the previous night as I heard some noice and thought it could be a bird, but I didn't woke up completely).
I can't read the numbers on the bands without catching a bird, and I'm not sure there is something useful for me there(and to tell the truth, I'd like not to touch the bird though I think it's safe)).
So instead of making ready some documents, I need, I googled what to do. I found only one local web, and there are no contacts and one local(I think so) forum about the pigeons and posted it there, I'm not sure if it still works though(and I don't speak local language and google translate is not good with it too).
Well, also I found out pigeons do drink(not like I'm completely slow, just a bit, so haven't thought about it), so I gave it water, but it is sleeping now and not paying any attention to me(I hope it didn't die... it's eyes are opened, but it looks like a sleeping bird, it is staying on one leg).
I'm too tired to find out what do they eat(I know bread is very bad for them, oat flakes? won't it stay here forever if I feed it?) or anything else and I have to get up early tomorrow. So I think the best thing to do is to go to a bed.
I'll try to write to my landlord if he know some local pigeon clubs(or I dunno, what it can be called), but I doubt he does.

I want to get rid of it in a humanistical way. All I knew yesterday about the pigeons, was that they used to be the postmen and that there are still probably some pigeonry left from the Middle Ages.

P.S. A quote from google translate: "I didn't take pictures of the old ones because I miss babysitters, so I dried their panties so they could go to bed by themselves".... Either google is a pervert or people here dry the pigeon's panties :oops: :rolleyes:
Just ignore it. It’s a pigeon, I’m sure it knows where to get food and water. Unless it’s got heat stroke due to hot weather?

Sometimes this forum actually brings me more down.
Aye
I'm sorry, for my own contribution to that.

As much as I dislike my life, it isn't my intention to make anyone else feel worse.
I don't think you contribute to that. I haven't observed anything like that. I fear I may contribute to that from time to time, though, myself.

Last edited:
I've read about the home doves a bit.
Taking the doves for hundreds miles away from their home just to check if they can return(in case there are "racing")...
Not leting the young ones to learn how to get food on their own so the adult birds know the only way to get food is to get home.

From Wikipedia(I know it's not a source, but I think, theese facts are close to the truth): "After the baby is weaned the hen is removed and often the nestbox is closed off, from then on the only time these birds are allowed to see their mate or enter the nest box is upon returning from training or a race."
"The killing of valuable pigeons by wild predators has led to some pigeon fanciers being suspected and prosecuted of killing birds of prey such as falcons"

Also a doping is used. Doping for the pigeons! What's wrong with people? Why wouldn't they race themselves instead?

No, my expectations are not too high; most people are just so pathetic they don't even come up to the normal bar of what's reasonable behaviour, and so I am regularly let down by them. I should've learned by now I guess, but I keep holding onto some unjustified level of hope for some reason.

Isaac Newton. Invented calculus on a drunken college bet. And then later built a bridge with no nails. Dude was lit. 👀 😂

Someday you'll wake up and ask yourself why you're sat there at your desk sucking on a corporate breast. You turned out like all the rest, when did you stop believing in all the dreams you had when you were just a wee lass?.

I’ve only been here since February and so many people have left, so many have joined and then left too. Wrongly I feel like it’s because of me. I’ve joined groups before that disbanded shortly afterward. Gives one a complex.

It's not because of you. People have always come and gone. I feel like a lot of people have been leaving lately too, especially these last couple months. We seem to be in a bit of a "leaving" spell.

I feel like things picked up here, around this time last year. Then a little bit again in the spring, but since then it's fallen into a lull.

It's not because of you. People have always come and gone. I feel like a lot of people have been leaving lately too, especially these last couple months. We seem to be in a bit of a "leaving" spell.

I feel like things picked up here, around this time last year. Then a little bit again in the spring, but since then it's fallen into a lull.
I did say “wrongly”. I know it’s not me, but when similar stuff keeps happening you begin to wonder.

It’s sad so many leave, especially when you feel like you’re connecting with them.

Latest posts

Back