What are you thinking right now?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
We both live in the country now and I’ve been dreaming of having cows in my front garden - instead, I have an acre and a half of flat grassland that needs to be mowed constantly. Send me the cow! 🤔😂🐄
I hope the move went well, how are you guys finding it?.

I can't get used to this place, it's bloody weird. I went to the post office/general store today to pick up some mail. I had a nice chat with the woman serving, as I was leaving she told me her husband goes to the cash and carry on Thursday afternoons and I'm welcome to pop round for some 'rumpy pumpy'! I'm not sure what that is but I'm pretty sure it's not afternoon tea and sponge cake.

I hope the move went well, how are you guys finding it?.

I can't get used to this place, it's bloody weird. I went to the post office/general store today to pick up some mail. I had a nice chat with the woman serving, as I was leaving she told me her husband goes to the cash and carry on Thursday afternoons and I'm welcome to pop round for some 'rumpy pumpy'! I'm not sure what that is but I'm pretty sure it's not afternoon tea and sponge cake.
Hahaha. . . :ROFLMAO: :LOL: Our randomguy - out in the countryside, already charming the local ladies right out of their knickers. Dare you to pop round one Thursday afternoon and discover what 'rumpy pumpy' involves. . .

The move was eventful, but happy to report we're finally in our new house. Still adjusting. I'm bored out of my wits, alone at the house all day with nowhere to go, (only have the one car at the moment) but work keeps me on the straight and narrow. Otherwise, I might be tempted to indulge in a bit of rumpy pumpy myself (I so love tea and sponge cake. . .;))

Dare you to pop round one Thursday afternoon and discover what 'rumpy pumpy' involves. . .
:ROFLMAO: I think her old man owns a shotgun so I'll be driving into town for my groceries in future.

I'm bored out of my wits, alone at the house all day with nowhere to go
Yeah I feel that!, it's all very picturesque here but there's absolutely nothing to do.
Otherwise, I might be tempted to indulge in a bit of rumpy pumpy myself (I so love tea and sponge cake. . .;))
:ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

I wonder how close this site is to going under.
I've been here almost 10 years, and others have been here even longer. There was no talk of this before.

Should we be copying all of our messages and stuff today?

Last edited:
I wonder how close this site is to going under.
I've been here almost 10 years, and others have been here even longer. There was no talk of this before.

Should we be copying all of our messages and stuff today?
We'll see. Server costs aren't high. If they are paying people to administer the site, however, those folks might charge a lot. Then there's the legal stuff, which may have a cost. It is a site for, 'lonely,' people, after all. A lot of us aren't exactly living the high-life.

Randomly censoring curse words, getting rid of the stickied threads, the forum software change (losing the stickied threads/reputation/etc.., and lack of transparent communication doesn't/didn't help things.

I didn't know Bjarne, but, I think he was technically proficient, so, I'd guess his moving on probably had more to do with removing hassles from his life, rather than it being a monetary problem. Don't know, though.

All that on top of the fact, forums, I think, just don't bring in the same crowds they used to... I think there's really only about 20 or so of us, that are forum regulars... I think. Maybe a bit less, maybe a bit more... And search engines are drastically different these days. This site used to the top search result for at least one, perhaps more, queries to do with loneliness.

Never hurts to take stock of people you'd like to keep in touch with...

ch-ch-changes...

Last edited:
We'll see. Server costs aren't high. If they are paying people to administer the site, however, those folks might charge a lot. Then there's the legal stuff, which may have a cost. It is a site for, 'lonely,' people, after all. A lot of us aren't exactly living the high-life.

Randomly censoring curse words, getting rid of the stickied threads, throwing out the old forum software, and lack of transparent communication doesn't/didn't help things.

I didn't know Bjarne, but, I think he was technically proficient, so, I'd guess his moving on probably had more to do with removing hassles from his life, rather than it being a monetary problem.

All that on top of the fact, forums, I think, just don't bring in the same crowds they used to... I think there's really only about 20 or so of us, that are forum regulars... I think. Maybe a bit less, maybe a bit more...

Never hurts to take stock of people you'd like to keep in touch with...

Yeah I agree.

A lot of the "fixes", I feel, were things nobody asked for.

The thing that still sticks in my craw was the random change that happened one day, without ANY forewarning that I can think of. It was just one day, the site looked different, and all private messages from people that deleted their accounts, disappeared.

I mean, I get that it's going to be whatever it's going to be, but a warning would have been great, like, "Hey guys, we're going to change the site in a major way in a week, on such and such date, download your stuff just in case because we don't know exactly what the effects will be".

So I'm thinking the same thing would be good here, like "the site is going to go down on xyz date, make sure to get all your stuff by then". It would be nice to avoid repeating the same situation.

Yeah I agree.

A lot of the "fixes", I feel, were things nobody asked for.

The thing that still sticks in my craw was the random change that happened one day, without ANY forewarning that I can think of. It was just one day, the site looked different, and all private messages from people that deleted their accounts, disappeared.

I mean, I get that it's going to be whatever it's going to be, but a warning would have been great, like, "Hey guys, we're going to change the site in a major way in a week, on such and such date, download your stuff just in case because we don't know exactly what the effects will be".

So I'm thinking the same thing would be good here, like "the site is going to go down on xyz date, make sure to get all your stuff by then". It would be nice to avoid repeating the same situation.
Things could be worse, and they're is room for improvement.

A heads up on changes, perhaps some democracy, and an archive of the old site, IMO, are things that could have be done, relatively painlessly, and gone a long way for all interested parties. But, overall, the situation has always been one of benevolent dictator; and that usually only lasts as long as it lasts. And then you get politics either way.

It's been a good ride overall, and not horrible still. Fortunately it seems like, 'loneliness,' is mostly a temporary place people find themselves in. Most members seem to come and go (for better or worse). I've had a few breaks from my lonely life. They were wonderful. :)

First world problems:
My hand is too fat to shove into the Pringles container so I'm forced to tilt it.
I didn't have a super shitty childhood so I can't turn my pain into art.
I had too much food for dinner and now I'm tired.
I forgot to bring my phone with me when I went to poop and I was bored the entire time.
I want a tea but my daughter has friends over so if I go into the kitchen I'll have to introduce myself.

There's an unavoidable voyeuristic element to being an aging loser, when all that's left is to sit back and watch as people half my age go through all of the experiences I didn't, while I continue to age as emotionally stunted individual.

As someone who works on a large university campus, I'm around thousands of 20 year old's, so every weekday I get to observe those social circles I missed out on at that age, the girls I'm not supposed to be noticing, etc.

Every day of semester I get hourly, minute-by-minute reminders of everything I've missed.

I’ve come to the understanding that people know what i mean they just try to twist it to suit some petty narrative about me, it’s just so annoying. Not clarifying anything ever, in the wise words of Eminem I am… whatever you say I am 🎶 I have asked for proof, they cant provide, if I am so awful… prove it or why make up silly little lies?

My horoscope very boldly told me "put down that baked potato".

That is too far, astrology.
Hahahahahah, you inspired me to look at my horoscope for today, it's the first time I've ever done it and it seems pretty accurate.

"Should you find yourself struggling today, stop acting proud and reach out for help. We’re not talking about the kind of assistance you get from an anonymous forum posting"

I'm off down the pub, I'm feeling lucky tonight ;)

Latest posts

Back