What are you thinking right now?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It's not because of you. People have always come and gone. I feel like a lot of people have been leaving lately too, especially these last couple months. We seem to be in a bit of a "leaving" spell.

I feel like things picked up here, around this time last year. Then a little bit again in the spring, but since then it's fallen into a lull.

People are moving to apps on their phones, I feel.
Less and less people are traditionally online at a computer or a laptop.
It is kinda crappy, but also at the same time, I don't find phone apps that engaging.
Plus my laptop is my one-stop-shop.
It's for gaming, movies and web, and general multimedia use.
And anything that I need backed up I have on an alternative portable hard drive for data storage.
I really only have 5 phone apps that aren't pre-installed that I regularly use.
A couple messenger apps to keep up with some old friends, bank app, WalMart app, and a notepad app where a keep a series of notes.
Only other thing I use my phone for is Google, YouTube, and to be a phone. Occasionally a GPS. The only reason I have a smart phone is for business purposes where I've had to take pictures of tax certificates and other such documents.

5 years later, I wonder how these two turned out? Interesting thread lol

It is kinda crappy, but also at the same time, I don't find phone apps that engaging.
And anything that I need backed up I have on an alternative portable hard drive for data storage.
A couple messenger apps to keep up with some old friends, bank app, WalMart app, and a notepad app where a keep a series of notes.
Only other thing I use my phone for is Google, YouTube, and to be a phone. Occasionally a GPS. The only reason I have a smart phone is for business purposes where I've had to take pictures of tax certificates and other such documents.
Considering it’s a communication device, it’s not being utilised to that effect efficiently enough in my opinion. I don’t ask much of people, I don’t expect loads of regular messages, but an occasional check in with me would be nice - y’know, to know that they actually do think and care about you.

Last edited:

What thread was it?

When I left the air quality was only slightly bad, but when I got back it was almost Unhealthy.
If I knew it was going to get that bad, I wouldn't have gone.
I knew it smelled smoky though, it wasn't fire pits or chimneys and it wasn't just my imagination.
SO tired of this bs.

I hate smartphone interface. I seldomly use phones for anything other than talking to people when it's absolutely necessary. In fact, technologically speaking I'm kinda stuck in the late 90s early 2000s way of being. I still have an old cathode-ray tube monitor on my desk, though I don't use it for anything. It's here only for the acoustics.

Last edited:

Considering it’s a communication device, it’s not being utilised to that effect efficiently enough in my opinion. I don’t ask much of people, I don’t expect loads of regular messages, but an occasional check in with me would be nice - y’know, to know that they actually do think and care about you.

Well see that's the thing, I'm okay with using it for that purpose because that's its intended purpose.
But I can't find a phone game I like or one that won't slaughter my battery.
It is helpful while shopping though, like if I need to price point or to check availability ahead of time.
But the UI on most apps like Mr Preuss said is just, it bugs me. The UI is actually why I struggle with trying to use social media apps, the simplicity of the design feels more older than newer. Aside from actually texting, there's not much utility I can come up with for swiping but it is useful for texting.
I hate smartphone interface. I seldomly use phones for anything other than talking to people when it's absolutely necessary. In fact, technologically speaking I'm kinda stuck in the late 90s early 2000s way of being. I still have an old cathode-ray tube monitor on my desk, though I don't use it for anything. It's here only for the acoustics.

I'm stuck in the late 90s/early 2000's with most of medial entertainment. I think in part because for a period of like 6 - 8 years I was just too strapped down at a 60+ hour job in 5 days a week. During that time which was between 2012 and 2014 there came a transition where everything pop culture phenomena I just lost my interest in trying to keep up with due to the amount of work that I was doing. I even remember being at parties or dinner get-togethers in 2015 and 2017 and being like "If it came out after 2012, I probably haven't seen it/played it/know much about it." And my friends were like: :unsure: What're you doing??

One of the great mysteries of life is: Why is it, that when you're a kid, you're bored, and there's too much time...but when you're an adult, you're swamped, and there's never enough time? :unsure:😂

One of the great mysteries of life is: Why is it, that when you're a kid, you're bored, and there's too much time...but when you're an adult, you're swamped, and there's never enough time? :unsure:😂

We get too many responsibilities, I'm afraid. Also, time itself seems to move faster the older we grow, for some reason. Thinking about it, it would be very interesting if there were some research on this subject, to show whether time really does move faster as we grow older or if it's just an impression, but it would present obvious difficulties. Still, I don't see any reason why people would have to experience time the same way. It's likely that we don't, I think.

Yeah, I had a feeling that was the one.
As for how they're doing, I have no idea, as they were both banned for good that day.

But I'm guessing that it ended just as quickly as it began.
I'd like to think that they both wandered off into the sunset, hand-in-hand and heart-in-heart, both still happily head-over-heels with each other. But yeah. . . the realistic (and yes, maybe cynical) part of me thinks it fell apart as quickly as it started. And reading it now again, they sure came across as needlessly defensive and rude about the whole thing. Which also makes me think the whole relationship was based on heated emotions and not really destined for a long-term end. *Shrugs - who knows. . . *

I've just had a look at this and seen Richard deleted his account, I'm not been about much, did he just pull a vanishing act?

He's a top bloke, I'll bloody miss him.

I'd like to think that they both wandered off into the sunset, hand-in-hand and heart-in-heart, both still happily head-over-heels with each other. But yeah. . . the realistic (and yes, maybe cynical) part of me thinks it fell apart as quickly as it started. And reading it now again, they sure came across as needlessly defensive and rude about the whole thing. Which also makes me think the whole relationship was based on heated emotions and not really destined for a long-term end. *Shrugs - who knows. . . *

The whole thing never made much sense from the get-go.
I didn't know either of them, I don't think we ever spoke, but the situation sounded like it was fueled by mental instability of some kind.

Random thought while eating soup for dinner:

The body is 60% water.
The Earth is 71% water.

So people are just bowls of soup, sitting in a much larger bowl of soup.
And when one person finds another person attractive, they are attracted to soup and they don't even realize it because hormones filter that reality away.

I don't wanna know who ordered all the soup, it's probably some giant space alien or something.

I’ve only been here since February and so many people have left, so many have joined and then left too. Wrongly I feel like it’s because of me. I’ve joined groups before that disbanded shortly afterward. Gives one a complex.
Holy carp... I feel like you've been here longer. Time seems slow in some areas, and fast in others..

We get too many responsibilities, I'm afraid. Also, time itself seems to move faster the older we grow, for some reason. Thinking about it, it would be very interesting if there were some research on this subject, to show whether time really does move faster as we grow older or if it's just an impression, but it would present obvious difficulties. Still, I don't see any reason why people would have to experience time the same way. It's likely that we don't, I think.

I go through periods where days seem to fly by, then other times, I get lucky, and only a few hours went by, even though it felt like longer.

I haven't a clue...

The passage of time is a perception though. So, our experience of it passing is probably affected by all sorts of things: common state of mind, relative business, routines, emotions, etc..

Latest posts

Back