What are you thinking right now?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Aarrggghhiiibiiiibbbbbllllll... I just jinxed us, I think the doctor is upset now, lol... I offered to buy her a drink, I doubt that'd happen, but I want a drink now anyways, lol... Why the hell did I agree to this weekend? They need to have some sort of law protecting me from weekends like this...

... Now, about my beverage...

I'm thinking what in the heck was I thinking doing laundry today? And, pizza for dinner, omg I'm gonna turn into a Totino's pizza.

penny143 said:
Potty training isn't as easy as I thought it would be.

its more like breaking a habit than training

it's nothing comparing to some other stuff :((((

I wish the storms would stop. I think that is enough for now.

I have been thinking that exact same thing lol ^^

Am also thinking why MSN wont let me sign in.

*ponders*

I'm really angry that on the youtube videos on the flood, a bunch of people are commenting saying it's a soviet weather machine, but no one is admitting that it could be global warming( in fact a bunch of people were denying that it could ever be global warming) i mean come on the weather we had this year, and why would the russians be giving iowa bad weather if they could mess up bigger cities like newyork or chicago. How stupid could people get. It's amazing how far people will go to avoid taking responsility for our actions

evanescencefan91 said:
... a bunch of people are commenting saying it's a soviet weather machine....

Wow a weather machine, what will they think of next :)

evanescencefan91 said:
I'm really angry that on the youtube videos on the flood, a bunch of people are commenting saying it's a soviet weather machine, but no one is admitting that it could be global warming( in fact a bunch of people were denying that it could ever be global warming) i mean come on the weather we had this year, and why would the russians be giving iowa bad weather if they could mess up bigger cities like newyork or chicago. How stupid could people get. It's amazing how far people will go to avoid taking responsility for our actions

That is a bit to far fetched ye.

I do think that the world would benefit if america got rid of a few of its powers stations like most of the other westernised countries have. But no unfortunately america feels the need to build moor. I have found that most of america do not recognize that there is a problem as far as global worming is concerned. This is unfortunate as its them that's contributing most of the Corbin dioxide that's destroying the planet.

Bluey said:
I have found that most of america do not recognize that there is a problem as far as global worming is concerned. This is unfortunate as its them that's contributing most of the Corbin dioxide that's destroying the planet.

At least as of 2002 transportation accounted for over one fourth of the energy consumed in the united states yet countless people feel that it is an absolute necessity for them to drive their big SUV because of this or that reason. Since getting over the shock of the oil embargo there generally has been no serious effort at fuel conservation. I knew people who would brag about how much gas they went through.

With the rising prices just fairly recently people have become a little more conscious of their gas usage and becoming more agreeable to cutting out unneeded trip and maybe even a smaller more fuel efficient vehicle. It needs to go much farther. Fortunately at least now some of the people are starting listen.

Currently there is a lot of talk in the united states about removing the tax on gasoline at least for a time. Gas in the united states has to have about the lowest tax of almost any country. Sure there are a couple countries like venezuela that subsidize gas but a gas tax like in the UK is much more common around the world. The great difference in gas cost at the pump between the united states and the UK isn't the cost of the gas; it is the tax that is added on.

Minus said:
Currently there is a lot of talk in the united states about removing the tax on gasoline at least for a time. Gas in the united states has to have about the lowest tax of almost any country. Sure there are a couple countries like venezuela that subsidize gas but a gas tax like in the UK is much more common around the world. The great difference in gas cost at the pump between the united states and the UK isn't the cost of the gas; it is the tax that is added on.

here's the thing about removing united states gas tax. it's put there by the government which gets revenue from it. if the gas tax is removed, the government will need to make up for the lost revenue somewhere, because it needs to break even. they'll increase tax somewhere else, like income tax.

Minus said:
At least as of 2002 transportation accounted for over one fourth of the energy consumed in the united states yet countless people feel that it is an absolute necessity for them to drive their big SUV because of this or that reason. Since getting over the shock of the oil embargo there generally has been no serious effort at fuel conservation. I knew people who would brag about how much gas they went through.

TV commercials that advertise an SUV as getting 14 miles per gallon make me laugh. Sometimes, the need for the SUV is tied in the psyche of the person, and standard american ideals: bigger is better, mainly.

Minus said:
With the rising prices just fairly recently people have become a little more conscious of their gas usage and becoming more agreeable to cutting out unneeded trip and maybe even a smaller more fuel efficient vehicle. It needs to go much farther. Fortunately at least now some of the people are starting listen.

I'd support $7 a gallon, then. People in the US need to take things like the kyoto treaty more seriously, and people around the world need to put their heads together and find a new energy source.

Minus said:
The great difference in gas cost at the pump between the united states and the UK isn't the cost of the gas; it is the tax that is added on.

Ye I know this... Sucks to be British huh lol

skapunk23 said:
here's the thing about removing united states gas tax. it's put there by the government which gets revenue from it. if the gas tax is removed, the government will need to make up for the lost revenue somewhere, because it needs to break even. they'll increase tax somewhere else, like income tax.

Exactly. But yet governments all over the world do this. And the only reason they get away with it is cos A, ppl don't care that much and B, ppl are not that up on there politics.

ya i agree,things would be a lot better if there were soome changes over here. SUVs are ulgly they're so ineffecient, they're not safe, and people just plain don't need them. The problem is that people don't feel that they'll be affected by global warming, but it's global, there will be changes all over. If we did add some taxes to gas, it would motivate people to rethink their lifestyles. Or the stupid people would throw riots, but i guess thats hat law enforcement is for. Maybe if people weren't riding around in their cars all day and maybe just walked a few blocks to their destination, they could lose some weight, and there would more room to walk in the stupid overcrowded school hallways.

evanescencefan91 said:
... they're not safe...

People often cite safety as the reason they have them. As a whole they have a higher center of gravity making them more prone to rollovers, especially some makes. Though as a general rule, if you are in an accident your chances of survival or escaping injury are better in a larger vehicle.

They are not safe for other people on the road though. The higher bumpers often don't match up with regular vehicle bumpers causing excessive damage and increased risk of injury or death to the vehicles SUV's hit. Also in general terms the larger the vehicle that runs into you the greater the chance of injury or death for the person in the smaller vehicle.

thats what i mean, those big mean suvs intimidate me and my tiny station wagon :(

one of these days they're going to just roll over me and someone will ask "did you hear that crunching noise"

The way I see it is like over here the gas prices have gone to a silly Pris and even last night I seen on the news that there has been a sudden rush on push bikes cos of this. It is making ppl think differently. But the ppl that have this big 4X4s and other big cars are not affected by it. I mean if you have paid £30,000 - £50,000 on a car your not going to be bothered by another few pound on the gas every week. Its ppl like me and you evanescencefan that drive normal cars that are being prised of the road. Not the big cars. We have road tax as well and the bigger the car the moor you have to pay. But again the ppl that drive the big cars, to them its NP to pay another £200 a years for the extra tax that there car needs. And we have a lot of ppl on our roads that drive cars like this.

I drive a 1.6 ford focus BTW and the last time I filed it up it took £50. I could of put moor in as well. This is the most I have ever put in a car.

I am also thinking that I should have never had started this decorating in my spear room. Am hurting a bit now and I still have not got al the old paper off... oh well it well look better when its done.

evanescencefan91 said:
thats what i mean, those big mean suvs intimidate me and my tiny station wagon

I can't blame you though i suspect that a number of suv owners would be pleased with that.

Bluey said:
The way I see it is like over here the gas prices have gone to a silly Pris and even last night I seen on the news that there has been a sudden rush on push bikes cos of this. It is making ppl think differently. But the ppl that have this big 4X4s and other big cars are not affected by it. I mean if you have paid £30,000 - £50,000 on a car your not going to be bothered by another few pound on the gas every week. Its ppl like me and you evanescencefan that drive normal cars that are being prised of the road. Not the big cars. We have road tax as well and the bigger the car the moor you have to pay. But again the ppl that drive the big cars, to them its NP to pay another £200 a years for the extra tax that there car needs. And we have a lot of ppl on our roads that drive cars like this.

I drive a 1.6 ford focus BTW and the last time I filed it up it took £50. I could of put moor in as well. This is the most I have ever put in a car.

I am also thinking that I should have never had started this decorating in my spear room. Am hurting a bit now and I still have not got al the old paper off... oh well it well look better when its done.

I think that kind of tax is a good idea, give people some incentive to drive smaller cars other than gas efficiency..

I don't drive so I don't think my opinion should matter just throwing it out there,lol

But if I were to get a vehicle it sure as hell better be something tiny that gets 500000000000 miles to the gallon or else I'll never drive it

Latest posts

Back