What are you thinking right now?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
sometimes i wish i could just like jump ahead in time like hundreds or even thousands of years and leave all this behind.

how bad is it that i am looking up the psychological effects of long term loneliness?

OMG.... never new about BPD until a could days ago, while googling "how dose someone stop talking for no reason" and I started to read pages and pages, site after site all about my best friend. This BPD is just "my friend" she can be "off" sometimes. So I get it, she has a problem............BUT she stopped talking to me because I could not afford to go to her very expensive wedding. She manifested a fight after she said she understood that I would not be able to afford to go. But when I spent $400.00 on a chair she freaked and I am at a loss for words, $400.00 on a Christmas present for my husband v.s. $1500.00 for a one night/ last minute destination wedding. So I gave it some time and wrote her.....that did not go well....so I kept trying and trying until she up and says she will get a restraining order on me if I don't leave her alone! WHAT the Heck......can a 6 year best friend really just take a walk like that? Is this friendship really over that easily? She said I was manipulative and selfish and that really has my brain doing a 360........ So OK what if she is BPD shouldn't she get some help? Is our friendship really just over?

By BPD do you mean Borderline Personality Disorder? Some people mistake BPD to mean BiPolar Disorder.

Whichever she has, of those two disorders, are very serious, and she should be treated by a professional.

I will guess that it is Borderline Personality Disorder by her behavior. She more than likely doesn't realize that she is saying a lot of things to you that hurt you, expecting so much of you, threatening to get a restraining order on you, and saying that she doesn't want you to be her friend anymore. There are many other aspects to BPD...and one very bad one is self-harming, which she may start to do. The self-harming, is usually cutting one's self to feel physical pain to not have to face the emotional pain she is going through. Some people call self-harmers "cutters." I don't know if you read about that when you researched BPD.

Is there anyone that is in her family or close to her that may listen to you and realize she needs help?

If she sees a psychiatrist and gets help through psychotherapy and/or (more than likely) medication, she will most likely be able to get a grip on reality, and, in turn, be your friend again.

The reason I know all this is because I was diagnosed with BPD years back. I was a cutter. I am now taking medication for that and for other psychiatric problems, and I am doing quite well.

If you wish to talk more about it, you may PM me. I will go into more detail with you about my experience with BPD.

If not, the best to you in somehow getting her to seek help!

Most people with borderline personality disorder project their thoughts, feelings and behaviors onto those around them. This is an important aspect of their mental/emotional survival mechanism of strongly needing to play/experience the role of "wronged party".

Suddenly, my entire world is being turned inside out. I don't know what to do anymore, which is probably okay because there's not much I can do.
Even the stuff that can get done is probably out of reach for me. I have the will, but not the confidence, and there's nothing and no one around to give me that push. Pardon me if I can't be one of those people who persevere and achieve greatness on their own. I'm sorry I need someone to lean on when honeysuckle gets tough. Sorry you might not be looking at yourself twenty, thirty years from now with me in some photo album - your life story on how a little girl survived with the help of her family. You'll just be looking at me now, wallowing like some weak *****. I'm sorry, okay? I'm just sorry.

I wish I had a friend to go out with right now instead of being in the house (not that I can leave, anyway). I am so bored.

just another thing to make me feel like i dont belong. i hate a bunch of stupid reminders of my loneliness happening all at once.

I have no friends .. Besides Internet ones.
No job .. No college or university..
And I'm getting dumber by the day cause of alll this weed I smoke.

What a sad sad life.

And on the bright side... Less people will be unhappy I die.

Latest posts

Back