What are you thinking right now?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ox Blood said:
Yeah... It's addicting to work out to that point. Can't say I follow my own advice most of the time. But if you look up the consequences of over-training, they can be pretty bothersome and even cause plateau's.

But, that's good you took it easy today. And even more awesome you are striving for those goals to get fit and healthy. Keep it up :)

The trainers we're working with are really good about keeping us on task and reminding us of the pitfalls, and this includes the nutritional ones.

There's a big temptation to reduce calories even further, thinking that "Well, if I work out 2 hours today and cut another 500 calories, I'll lose even more," but it's not the case. Even if you're exercising vigorously, if you fall below a certain base number of calories, your body will switch to starvation mode.

Ironically, to break though a plateau, I had to eat MORE than I had the previous week, but hey, it worked.

shesafrozenfire said:
The trainers we're working with are really good about keeping us on task and reminding us of the pitfalls, and this includes the nutritional ones.

There's a big temptation to reduce calories even further, thinking that "Well, if I work out 2 hours today and cut another 500 calories, I'll lose even more," but it's not the case. Even if you're exercising vigorously, if you fall below a certain base number of calories, your body will switch to starvation mode.

Ironically, to break though a plateau, I had to eat MORE than I had the previous week, but hey, it worked.

Heh... Yeah. My body is in super-hibernation-bear-mode. It's a bit of a mind-fresia. Funny how the body retaliates if you aren't giving it what it wants.

Takes awhile to recalibrate it. It's a lesson in patience.

Lost Soul said:
I thought about joining the gym before Christmas, unfortunately, it hasn't happened. :(

I say go for it when you are ready :) It's intimidating at first... Trainers can help you ease into it.

It's hard because of my social anxiety. I was hoping to find someone to go to the gym with me, as I hate going places alone. That's probably why I didn't end up going. :(

Ox Blood said:
Heh... Yeah. My body is in super-hibernation-bear-mode. It's a bit of a mind-fresia. Funny how the body retaliates if you aren't giving it what it wants.

Takes awhile to recalibrate it. It's a lesson in patience.

It certainly is!

Ox Blood said:
Lost Soul said:
I thought about joining the gym before Christmas, unfortunately, it hasn't happened. :(

I say go for it when you are ready :) It's intimidating at first... Trainers can help you ease into it.

We each have our point where inaction has to stop. For some people, it's particular number on the scale, for others, it's a scary diagnosis.

I will say this, the hardest part is that first step to actually get off your butt and to the gym. Once you start doing it regularly so that it becomes part of a reliable routine, the momentum you build up helps carry you along. :)

Lost Soul said:
It's hard because of my social anxiety. I was hoping to find someone to go to the gym with me, as I hate going places alone. That's probably why I didn't end up going. :(
I can relate. There was one day I walked in for about five minutes, had a mini panic attack, and then left. All because someone talked to me and I couldn't talk correctly... Got really embarrassed.

I've forced myself to go almost everyday... No matter how much my paranoia/insecurities are eating me up inside.

Chances are, no one is really paying attention to what you do. They are there to get their work-out in. It helps to remind yourself of that.

A trainer might really benefit you can be familiar with... Just sucks as they cost quite a bit.

Ox Blood said:
Lost Soul said:
I can relate. There was one day I walked in for about five minutes, had a mini panic attack, and then left. All because someone talked to me and I couldn't talk correctly... Got really embarrassed.

I've forced myself to go almost everyday... No matter how much my paranoia/insecurities are eating me up inside.

Chances are, no one is really paying attention to what you do. They are there to get their work-out in. It helps to remind yourself of that.

A trainer might really benefit you can be familiar with... Just sucks as they cost quite a bit.

The part about you not talking right. I get that a lot. I think because my speech is having to due with my lack of social/communication skills. I hate when I talk and don't make sense. At least I get out of the house and go hiking and stuff.

haha... yeah... I am not gonna ask that. But it is a good question I suppose. Perhaps it's online..

Thinking at how stupid I am, and my false believes and stuff. Thinking how stupid I am for believing for 10 and years and still, that I would get someone special. With this curse, not in this life.

I have a better chance at winning the lotto than having a friend. People always reject me soon enough, becuase of the curse! It controls my life, and ni matter what I do, I can't do anything about it. Facebook or more like a depression thing. I go on and see how lucky people are and I'll never be like them, becuase of this thing.

I would never have a friend who will understand me, more then anyone, or accept me. What is their to accept? I'm a bloke with a curse and many faults. I get stupid ideas like this:
http://foreverwithautism.blogspot.ca/2012/07/would-you-date-or-have-relationship.html

Thinking, well I just post that everywhere, and sooner or later the love of my life will see it and we somehow connect. Not very realistic at all. Listing my faults to see if anyone is compatible with me. How stupid can I get?

I think my brain is just fried from so much loenliness and desperate ot have someone. Too much false hope. That is what happens when you're desperate. You fill your head with false hope, thinking someone would come. I've been waiting for like 10 years. Why would someone want to be with someone who is awkward, weird, has social anxiety and stuff? What kind of girl would use her life to help someone like me and make her life my path and make me happy, be there for me no matter what?

An imaginary friend. That is what. A girl would expect her boyfriend to get a job. I can't becuase of my canker sores, due to my curse. I have terrible social.communication skills, nothing that I have, is what any girl wants.

Lost Soul said:
I'm depressed and crying right now. I hate life and I hate my curse!

You're pretty hard on yourself L.S. and not doing yourself any favors by putting yourself down.

Not trying to be glib here but...

1). Canker sores. Yes I'm aware that it has been associated with autism but some have had success through dietary changes. Personally, I wouldn't give up.

2). The gym. If your social anxiety is holding you back try and find one that's on a 24 hour card lock. Most of my workouts are between 10 P.M. to 7 A.M. 90% of the time it's just me and Oxygen on Sirius cranked up- no waiting for equipment.

3). Think about how you're presenting yourself. You constantly put yourself down, if you're doing it here than likely your doing it in daily life. It's not inspiring.

I'm not coming down on you brother, just trying to offer encouragement.

Now get off your ass and go for a walk. Do a random act of kindness with no expectation of something in return. You start doing honeysuckle like that and you're going to feel good about yourself. And maybe, just maybe, someone will notice that and help to make your life more special.

:D

Latest posts

Back