What are you thinking right now?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I don't really like making phonecalls, but sometimes it is necessary.
Is it weird that I am writing down what I am planning to say before making a call?

jaguarundi said:
Had a friend whose street had a kid called Benylin. I didn't believe it until I went round to her house once, and it certainly sounded like that when his Mum was calling the kid in from the garden. (Benylin is an expectorant cough medicine in the UK).

Wow... that is another interesting name. Hmm now I wonder what sort of names I should have for my own kids.

zibafu said:
MrPaul said:
If a turtle lost its shell, is it homeless or naked? *ponders*

It would be dead :eek:

That's what I thought first exactly. :(

I had a tortoise before. His shell was pretty much attached to its flesh, and I don't think he can come out of it. He feels on the shell too. Aww now I miss my tortoise. :\

Dexter said:
I don't really like making phonecalls, but sometimes it is necessary.
Is it weird that I am writing down what I am planning to say before making a call?

no, I don't like phone calls either.
Nothing wrong with a bit of pre planning.

it would be nice to feel wanted or at least appreciated, but then when I *am* wanted I complain, I dread tomorrow when I will meet this guy with wild mood swings and religious mania who likes me so much, it would be nice to feel wanted by someone half normal, is that too much to ask? :/

Peaches said:
it would be nice to feel wanted or at least appreciated, but then when I *am* wanted I complain, I dread tomorrow when I will meet this guy with wild mood swings and religious mania who likes me so much, it would be nice to feel wanted by someone half normal, is that too much to ask? :/

Define normal? I hear a lot how I'm not normal....maybe instead of being upbeat as much as possible I should go for dark, silent, and moody.

mmm, someone who deletes you from Facebook every few months for no apparent reason, only to ask you again? Someone who writes on your wall how everyone you know should die? (! he was severely depressed at the time, so I should give him a break on that) someone who, because you are kind of friends, travels 900 miles to meet you without warning and wants you to meet him in his hotel room God knows why? someone who posts mostly pictures about Allah and how women should wear a burka? He is not going to burka me, that is for sure.
this is what I call not normal, although I have met worse

Peaches said:
mmm, someone who deletes you from Facebook every few months for no apparent reason, only to ask you again? Someone who writes on your wall how everyone you know should die? (! he was severely depressed at the time, so I should give him a break on that) someone who, because you are kind of friends, travels 900 miles to meet you without warning and wants you to meet him in his hotel room God knows why? someone who posts mostly pictures about Allah and how women should wear a burka? He is not going to burka me, that is for sure.

LOL- you win Peaches, that one is definitely a candidate for 'not normal".

He traveled 900 miles w/o warning? Seriously? I'll bet he brought his chess-board for the hotel encounter ;) And now you've got me wondering if there's such a thing as a sexy burka (my imagination, nothing to do with what you said)- time to Google...

Too answer the sexy burka question for yourself (as I just did) type in 'sexy burkas'-please excuse me awhile as I need to go and browse....:D

Peaches said:

I don't mean to be nosy, but I feel you should definitely meet him in a public place rather than in his hotel room. This guy sounds like he could be more than a little dangerous.

TheSkaFish said:
Peaches said:

I don't mean to be nosy, but I feel you should definitely meet him in a public place rather than in his hotel room. This guy sounds like he could be more than a little dangerous.

I think she should have a Taser regardless of where they meet....excuse me, gotta get back to them burkas....

Peaches said:

Peaches, you could just as easily not meet up with him. In fact, my advice would be that you don't. You're free to do whatever you like, but you can't possibly complain when you have the slightest inkling how he is, yet you still agree to meet him. If he were knocking at your door, I'd be saying something different. But you're willingly meet him. And willingly continue a friendship (I guess?) with him. Just because he's a certain way, it doesn't give him the right away to do certain things. Telling you that everyone you know should die is not acceptable in my book. There is no reason, no excuse, for that.

I normally wouldn't say anything, and I'm sorry if I offend, please forgive me, but it just seems like you're making excuses for him. It's not okay for him to be that way just because he thinks it is. I'd tell him to go find someone who will put up with all that, because I certainly wouldn't be the one.

Good luck.

I know shows like Hell's Kitchen or Sweet Genius are exaggerated, but I have massive respect for the kind of creativity and grit these people have.

Since cleanliness is next to Godliness, I believe that brooms, sponges, vacuum cleaners and showers should be denied to atheists.

Just saying.

I hope this sore throat gets better by tomorrow. I need my voice or I don't know how I'm gonna work. :\

johnny196775 said:
Since cleanliness is next to Godliness, I believe that brooms, sponges, vacuum cleaners and showers should be denied to atheists.

Just saying.

facepalm.jpg

Latest posts

Back