What are you thinking right now?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Eeek - Thunder storm... hope it passes by in the next 30 mins before I'm due to ride my bike home in it...

Why do you have to tell him twenty times to stop doing something? This is what I would have gotten if I acted like him in the tiniest amount.

slap.gif

I realized at dinner today that my whole life, I've held my passion, my excitement about life, in check by expectations of failure. I never really let myself get passionate about anything because I always go into things expecting to fail, even the things that I say I like and am interested in or excited about. I never really gave myself fully to anything that I'm doing, because I figured what's the point, I won't get it anyway. I don't want to go on this way but at 28 soon, I don't know if there is enough time left on the clock to cultivate a new life.

My rabbit decided to come out and play with me. So he chased me to the kitchen, but didn't go into it cos he knows he's barred from it, but decided to sit and make a mess of the rug right in front of the kitchen door. So next thing I know, I don't see him but a messed up rug so I walk out to the living room and he shoots out at my feet and starts jumping like a crazy rabbit lol. So in my decision to sit there and entertain him while he goes all over climbing on me and around and shaking his cute little butt at me, I am now officially a sneeze-pot.

Well as Olaf said "some people are worth melting for", I'll say "some animals are worth sneezing for". Love you, R. <3

Lippy_Kid said:
Remembered my password on the second attempt, not bad. :)

Hey!! Welcome back!

TheSkaFish said:
I realized at dinner today that my whole life, I've held my passion, my excitement about life, in check by expectations of failure. I never really let myself get passionate about anything because I always go into things expecting to fail, even the things that I say I like and am interested in or excited about. I never really gave myself fully to anything that I'm doing, because I figured what's the point, I won't get it anyway. I don't want to go on this way but at 28 soon, I don't know if there is enough time left on the clock to cultivate a new life.

You know it's not too late to start a new life. I'm 26 soon and I'm just starting myself.

ladyforsaken said:
You know it's not too late to start a new life. I'm 26 soon and I'm just starting myself.

Yea, deep down, I know this must be true. It just hasn't sunk in fully yet.

Also, I forgot to complete my thought. Sometimes I find it hard to concentrate on my personal goals while I worry about other people that I care about and love. It almost feels like I'm being selfish, but I don't know what I can do for them. In some cases, it is just that they are old. But I feel guilty for thinking about stuff like writing or drawing or guitar when people I care about aren't doing well.

ladyforsaken said:
My rabbit decided to come out and play with me. So he chased me to the kitchen, but didn't go into it cos he knows he's barred from it, but decided to sit and make a mess of the rug right in front of the kitchen door. So next thing I know, I don't see him but a messed up rug so I walk out to the living room and he shoots out at my feet and starts jumping like a crazy rabbit lol. So in my decision to sit there and entertain him while he goes all over climbing on me and around and shaking his cute little butt at me, I am now officially a sneeze-pot.

Well as Olaf said "some people are worth melting for", I'll say "some animals are worth sneezing for". Love you, R. <3

Awe. Loved that rabbit story. He sounds like a real mischievous guy, just like my dog. Times like these are what pets are all about!

About your new life though - what is it you want to do now? Or have you not decided as of yet?

wolvesjr said:
Very cute story LadyF :)
TheSkaFish said:
Awe. Loved that rabbit story. He sounds like a real mischievous guy, just like my dog. Times like these are what pets are all about!

Haha, wolvesjr & Ska, it's only cos he is just too adorable. And he surely is mischievous. He just knows how to get my attention. It's always the rugs he messes up and I always know that means he's trying to call me out or something to play. Sometimes he would just dash right in front of my room and sit there. He knows I never let him in because I'd get breathless easy if his fur his all around me too much. So he'd just sit there and stare in (my door's usually open), and for some reason I always know when he's there. I guess his presence is very strong to me.

I love him and I'd totally miss him like crazy when I go away for the next few months or so. :(

TheSkaFish said:
About your new life though - what is it you want to do now? Or have you not decided as of yet?

Well I want to start afresh, in a new place. So I'm thinking of moving out and relocating elsewhere. It's a huge huge step though. So right now I'm just trying to find a new job where I wanted to relocate to. I still don't know what I'm going to do or what exactly I should be doing... past few days I've been pondering on that and was starting to feel as though I've been such a failure to myself. To myself. Not to anyone else.

ladyforsaken said:

I often go for an early morning walk through the local park and I entertain myself by counting the amount of rabbits I see. The current record is 13. I realise that they're considered vermin, but there's just something about them that makes me smile.

Thus ends my bunny related story...

ladyforsaken said:
TheSkaFish said:

Hell, I'm 40 and and starting over. At 28, you've barely even begun to live. It's only impossible to build a new life if you cling desperately to your old one and the expectations you had for it.

Cavey said:
ladyforsaken said:
TheSkaFish said:

Hell, I'm 40 and and starting over. At 28, you've barely even begun to live. It's only impossible to build a new life if you cling desperately to your old one and the expectations you had for it.

I am 29 and starting over right now. I am going to enjoy life. I am going to go on adventures. I am going to take advantage of this great city I live in. I am going to meet new people. I am going to go out on dates.

Glad to hear I'm not the only one just starting out in life in my mid 20s.

Cavey said:
I often go for an early morning walk through the local park and I entertain myself by counting the amount of rabbits I see. The current record is 13. I realise that they're considered vermin, but there's just something about them that makes me smile.

Thus ends my bunny related story.

Aww so many! I wanna go there!

I've just spent the last 2 hours playing with my 2 year old niece. During this time we sailed the seven seas in a pirate ship along with 8 teddy bears, formed a train with 3 Pepper Pigs and a Danny Dog, had a tickling session, played on a bus, landed dragon's on unsuspecting people's heads and other assorted tomfoolery. I also had to imitate a pig and a giggling schoolgirl, but the less said about that the better...

When I said I had to go she looked at me like she was sad and just said, but you could sit on the floor and play with the teddies. I had to leave, but knowing she appreciated the play session has made me smile.

It's also my other niece's 15th birthday, so I was treated to an in depth description of bands I don't know, clothes I've never heard of and her plans for the day. She's not even embarrassed that I still call her Princess Sophie in every card I ever send her.

What I'm thinking is that it's nice to be so close to my nieces and that every bit of time, money and effort I ever put in to showing them that they were loved was well worth it.

The Internet loves to pass around quotes from celebrity types and historical figures. Knowing the background and knowing that the one doing the quoting is totally in the dark about it (or they probably wouldn't be quoting) is kind of fun.

The way Dennis Quaid flirts with Bonnie Raitt in the Thing Called Love Video makes my underpants burst into flames.

Latest posts

Back