What are you thinking right now?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
EveWasFramed said:
MissGuided said:
EveWasFramed said:
MissGuided said:
So full. So very, very full. :/

^^ This. Lol

And, I didn't even make to dessert!

:club: I did. Wish I hadn't, lol. :p
I have sweet potato pie left - want some?

That answer is always 'yes', Evey - you know we are kindred spirits. I made Sweet Potato cupcakes with Bourbon Cream Cheese frosting. Want me to throw a couple in the mail for you?

MissGuided said:
EveWasFramed said:
MissGuided said:
EveWasFramed said:
MissGuided said:
So full. So very, very full. :/

^^ This. Lol

And, I didn't even make to dessert!

:club: I did. Wish I hadn't, lol. :p
I have sweet potato pie left - want some?

That answer is always 'yes', Evey - you know we are kindred spirits. I made Sweet Potato cupcakes with Bourbon Cream Cheese frosting. Want me to throw a couple in the mail for you?

Holy honeysuckle, yes. Wait....maybe not - they might spoil before they reach me. :p

After all that food how am I hungry again....

Also, that was just about the worst nights sleep I've ever had. Every time I went to sleep I went back into another dream.

So tired.

I am getting so many bruises.. where are they coming from? Why are they there?

Peaches said:
It feels so bad that people with terminal cancer will refuse to try any harmless alternate treatment with so much decision, and instead take chemio and radio without even blinking until the very end - I mean, what have you got to lose?

Putting myself in their shoes, I could see how when people receive news that they have cancer, subconsciously they have already given up and their mindset is such that they only see hardships, death and short life ahead. It's hard for them to come to terms with the news and their fate, at the same time trying to think of what's best for them. Not many people can juggle all those crazy emotions with rationality.

This is just what I think could be one of the reasons why they wouldn't budge and try alternative ways to treat their cancer. Because I went through that myself, and to me at the time, when I was diagnosed, that's it. I didn't believe that any treatment or alternative measures could take that label off of me. What more someone with terminal cancer. I can't imagine what other crazier thoughts that must've run through their head.

I had no support (in real life) and I didn't have anyone to talk to with regards to this until after I have gone through all the procedures suggested by the doctors. So I was pretty warped in my own "I have cancer" world and I couldn't see anything outside of it or any possibility of it going away whatsoever. *shrugs*

Edit: I have to also add, that some people are exceptionally strong. Like the friend I lost 3 weeks ago to cancer. She was super. What an inspiration.

Thinking of you, F.

Outcast said:
After all that food how am I hungry again....

Also, that was just about the worst nights sleep I've ever had. Every time I went to sleep I went back into another dream.

So tired.

Sorry that was a really bad sleep for you, Outcast. :(

Even though we have already proven that money can make you happy (unless you are already quite privileged), we still have people parroting the old adage about how it can't?

This is the phrase that tells you who has never been financially unable to help a struggling relative or an ailing pet, who has never had to not eat for a couple days, who has never had to stick it out at a job where they were treated nigh-illegally in order to feed themselves, who has never slept in their car, who has used a public bathroom as their personal washing station, and who has never been bled dry and had life stopped in its tracks by supporting their spouse's cancer treatments for years.

If we want to argue social constructs, let's argue the negative of adhering to a norm of opinion after the alternative has been tainted with stereotypes, hype, and misinformation. No one wants to look "greedy" and "material" by saying they want money or that money would make them happy, even in a society where we already waste enormous amounts of food that is not spoiled and may trash our electronics after only a few years.

lonelyfairy said:
TheSkaFish said:
lonelyfairy said:
Deleting PMs is a real struggle. I don't want to delete any of them but... 100% space used. >.<

you can download your private messages. it's just to the left of the bar showing how much space you've used. hope that helps!

That's cool! I should try that. Thanks for telling!

yeah, i used to copy and paste them into Word documents. then i noticed the "download messages" link. i hope i pointed it out in time for you to see it before you deleted your messages, i don't like deleting mine either. there's some conversations i'd like to hold on to.

SophiaGrace said:
TheSkaFish. Can't rep you for that post, sorry. Blame the forum. Would if I could.

no worries! not like i invented it. i'm usually the person who misses little tricks like that, so when i do see them i like to pass it along.

TheSkaFish said:
lonelyfairy said:
TheSkaFish said:
lonelyfairy said:
Deleting PMs is a real struggle. I don't want to delete any of them but... 100% space used. >.<

you can download your private messages. it's just to the left of the bar showing how much space you've used. hope that helps!

That's cool! I should try that. Thanks for telling!

yeah, i used to copy and paste them into Word documents. then i noticed the "download messages" link. i hope i pointed it out in time for you to see it before you deleted your messages, i don't like deleting mine either. there's some conversations i'd like to hold on to.

I agree. Some conversations are too important and precious to delete. Need to click that download link. :)

I've come a long way. I've got my health concerns under control. I've lost all the weight. I've got my fitness levels up. I've got some of my confidence back. I'm able to function independently. All of these are very good things... but it's time that I started trying to cultivate some friendships and stop keeping everyone at arms length.

Mr Seal The Albatros said:
Not sure whether to just accept I'll always be lonely, or continue trying to make friends.

Keep trying, never give up. You're young, that's one. Two, you never know who you'll come across, and if you keep trying, the possibility of making good friends are there rather than no chance at all if you give up entirely. Don't give up okay?

what a miserable few weeks !
Golf course has been closed, waterlogged because it rains all the time. I miss playing golf.
My football team lose all the time, every match, just depressing.
And I have been ill for the last 10 days. Off work, no energy, sick.
Every day is just the same, dark and miserable.

I came late into this world, and sometimes I wonder if that's why my timing has always been off. My birthday would have been yesterday, if I'd been born on my due date. Instead I was born 6 weeks later. Proof positive that it's hard to push me into something I'm not ready for, lol. I must work at my own pace.

Back to work tomorrow. The Manager is bound to cold shoulder me because I have been off sick.
I think they go on courses eg How to be an arsehole when one of your staff rings in sick !

Latest posts

Back