What are you thinking right now?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Volt said:
user 130057 said:
Volt said:
Get your ******* honeysuckle together, Nvidia.

What have they done?

Releasing faulty drivers for about a year now. I'm far from the only one experiencing this, too.

I run 2 780ti's in SLI and I have no driver related issues at all, but I accept that creating drivers for their entire range of cards contained within an almost infinite amount of hardware configurations will inevitably lead to some people experiencing problems. What issues are you having?

user 130057 said:
I run 2 780ti's in SLI and I have no driver related issues at all, but I accept that creating drivers for their entire range of cards contained within an almost infinite amount of hardware configurations will inevitably lead to some people experiencing problems. What issues are you having?

Basicly it's either a screen freeze/black screen that recovers, or it crashes entirely. Then when starting up, after windows is done loading, it may or may not crash as it is trying to get to the type password screen. It took me 40 minutes tonight to get my computer started up again and have it be able to use.

Anyway back when i first encountered it i looked around for others having similar issues, and there were quite some threads on the nvidia sub on reddit. Solution seemed to be to try and find a driver that does not crash. So i have an ever growing list of drivers i've tried. Some worked longer than others.

Volt said:
Basicly it's either a screen freeze/black screen that recovers, or it crashes entirely. Then when starting up, after windows is done loading, it may or may not crash as it is trying to get to the type password screen. It took me 40 minutes tonight to get my computer started up again and have it be able to use.

Anyway back when i first encountered it i looked around for others having similar issues, and there were quite some threads on the nvidia sub on reddit. Solution seemed to be to try and find a driver that does not crash. So i have an ever growing list of drivers i've tried. Some worked longer than others.

Try checking the event log and note the errors that you received at the time that the problems arose. There's a reasonably high probability that it's not driver related at all and is more than likely a malfunctioning component - especially if multiple stable driver versions are resulting in similar behaviour.

Computers are fun... and, after all, your work is never done ;)

Volt said:

user 130057 said:
Try checking the event log and note the errors that you received at the time that the problems arose. There's a reasonably high probability that it's not driver related at all and is more than likely a malfunctioning component - especially if multiple stable driver versions are resulting in similar behaviour.

I just had this problem happen to me as well, about 2 or 3 weeks ago or so. It was just like you were saying, a screen freeze/black screen that recovers or crashes. And on startup I was having the same problem - eventually it froze every time I tried to start Windows. It was taking more and more tries to start Windows up even in low graphics mode. Eventually it didn't load at all anymore, and when I checked the diagnostic lights on the back of my computer, the sequence corresponded to the one listed as a graphics card failure. We installed my old graphics card, downloaded the right drivers for it, and now I'm back up and running again.

user 130057 said:
Volt said:
user 130057 said:
Volt said:
Get your ******* honeysuckle together, Nvidia.

What have they done?

Releasing faulty drivers for about a year now. I'm far from the only one experiencing this, too.

I have had issues with my Nvidia for the past several months until recently someone on chat helped me resolve it after I've whined how I can't get my driver installed or updated for countless number of times lol.

user 130057 said:

Alright, i'll take a look at the log when it happens again. The error message is always "Driver x stopped working." Thanks!

Thinking about how pretty the sky can be. It's kind of life inspiring, i don't know why.

Hearted said:
Thinking about how pretty the sky can be. It's kind of life inspiring, i don't know why.

The sky is awesome - especially when it's a clear night and all the constellations are easily visible. It always reminds me of how very small and insignificant we are, and that helps me keep all my problems in perspective.

user 130057 said:
Hearted said:

The sky is awesome - especially when it's a clear night and all the constellations are easily visible. It always reminds me of how very small and insignificant we are, and that helps me keep all my problems in perspective.

That's a really nice perspective. I might have to try that :)

Makes me laugh when somebody at work joins Facebook for the first time and they becomes 'friends' with everybody yet
ignore my friends request.

We moved the date so we would have enough time to meet up and organize this, yet now it's next week and we haven't done honeysuckle. This is a ******* joke and I swear I will smack a ***** if I have to do everything AGAIN because you can't shut your **** trap and DO something...

For the first time in my life I am angry and frustrated with the male gender as a collective. I do not need to be looked after or restricted and patronized.
I am as good. I am enough.

Latest posts

Back