What are you thinking right now?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Rodent said:
sothatwasmylife said:
Rodent said:
Lacrecia said:
Rodent said:
Thank goodness I don't have that much faith in humanity to lose in the first place. Otherwise I might go even madder than I already am.

For someone who has no faith in humanity/does not care about it, you talk a lot about it lol (being serious ;;) )

Maybe you shouldn't end a sentence with a lol if you were in fact "being serious"...

That aside, not much is not the same as none. I keep thinking I reached rock bottom, but I'm afraid there might be infinitely more room to go. The ground below my feet is constantly eroded and it stopped being absurdly funny about five layers ago.

I have some philanthropy buried within me but in conversations like these I wonder why I shouldn't just let the misanthropy take over.

No sir !!I I strongly disagree ' lol ' should be consigned to an isolation ward never again to be permitted access to text of any description and anyone found in possession of the heinous term should be immediately torn apart by rabid hamsters

Actually, that's a quite a tempting proposal you made there. I can't find myself disagreeing...I'd go as far as saying I'm all in favor of purging internet abbreviations from the collective conscience for the sake of conserving the fine art of elaborate communication.

Well said that man 

Lacrecia said:
Rodent said:
sothatwasmylife said:
Rodent said:
Lacrecia said:
For someone who has no faith in humanity/does not care about it, you talk a lot about it lol (being serious ;;) )

Maybe you shouldn't end a sentence with a lol if you were in fact "being serious"...

That aside, not much is not the same as none. I keep thinking I reached rock bottom, but I'm afraid there might be infinitely more room to go. The ground below my feet is constantly eroded and it stopped being absurdly funny about five layers ago.

I have some philanthropy buried within me but in conversations like these I wonder why I shouldn't just let the misanthropy take over.

No sir !!I I strongly disagree ' lol ' should be consigned to an isolation ward never again to be permitted access to text of any description and anyone found in possession of the heinous term should be immediately torn apart by rabid hamsters

Actually, that's a quite a tempting proposal you made there. I can't find myself disagreeing...I'd go as far as saying I'm all in favor of purging internet abbreviations from the collective conscience for the sake of conserving the fine art of elaborate communication.

lol does not only refer to "laugh out loud" its meaning is deeper than the literal and symbolic sense it conveys.  it is a complex structure relating to the uses of a smile which is supposed to send a particular message, one which remains unknown to you because you're stuck with trying to understand lol in its literal sense. 

On a side note, lol

So that would be an imogee then.....bring on the hampsters

This place has changed a bit. It's been a while since I logged in. It'll take time to remember what's what around here. 

Also, I smell dinner and it's culinarily arousing.

Scotsman said:
This place has changed a bit. It's been a while since I logged in. It'll take time to remember what's what around here. 

Welcome back

Lacrecia said:
Rodent, including the d'aww would be disgraceful for someone who want to detach themselves from the mass.  

The issue that I see with the lol  is that you take it to a personal and defensive level and I will blame your current existential crisis for that because yes. :D

No. Not if I merely quote you or anyone else who engages in that form of sarcastic compassion. Which is not a mass vs. minority issue. The "Lonely" are not guaranteed to have any more default compassion than the average person.

I take it to that level not because of the "lol" alone but because of everything I said above and much more than that. My existential crisis is not "current", it's permanent.

Now, to echo what sothatwasmylife said again...let's release the hamsters.
And the hounds and some rats and if you like, the kraken as well.

AmytheTemperamental said:
Scotsman said:

Welcome back
Thanks, Amy. I figured I'd pop in, see some old and new faces.

Actually by current I mean more noticeable and stressed.

*gets her notebook* please carry on with life.

Lacrecia said:
Actually by current I mean more noticeable and stressed.

*gets her notebook* please carry on with life.

I guess I found at least one source I could remove easily to lessen the developing insanity.

Scotsman said:

He's escaped! Someone watch the Solway before he invades.

user 130057 said:
Scotsman said:

He's escaped! Someone watch the Solway before he invades.

Hahaha. Howdy, user 130057. I'm going to strip that place of tea bags!  :D

Ignore me all you want. I don't care. You think you holier than thou. And you were just a cat fish.

Suppress all positive anticipation in one regard..my unrealistic expectations are like a small psychotic dog that looks adorable prior to sinking it's teeth into my outstretched hand.

Latest posts

Back