What are you thinking right now?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
How humbled I am that someone who is terminally ill would email me to say that they were worried because they haven't heard from me.
Not deserved.

Amelia said:
I wonder if people will miss me if I am gone.

Just be like me... remove everyone from your life and then you don't have to wonder. 

I'm sure there are people who will miss you, but it's difficult to see it at time

---
I think I should remove my signature, it's starting to make me feel like a bit of a fraud.

I am pretty certain i wouldnt be missed. Thought of or wondered about maybe, but not really missed.

I am ignored enough as it is.

Cavey said:
Amelia said:

Just be like me... remove everyone from your life and then you don't have to wonder. 

I'm sure there are people who will miss you, but it's difficult to see it at time

---
I think I should remove my signature, it's starting to make me feel like a bit of a fraud.

That is a really brave thing to do. I hope someday I'd be able to feel content and peaceful without needing people to make me feel less lonely.

Yes, I guess you're right. I want to believe at least one person in this world will think of me when I am gone. At least I know my dogs will miss me even if not my people :)

Amelia said:
Cavey said:
Amelia said:

---

That is a really brave thing to do. I hope someday I'd be able to feel content and peaceful without needing people to make me feel less lonely.

Brave? Nah, not me. Stupid? Probably...

Many people have chosen to remove themselves from my company due to my abrasive demeanour. The rest I have removed myself due to some perceived slight or (more often) because I'm afraid of what the future might hold. I'm far from content with my solitude.

Cavey said:
Amelia said:
Cavey said:
Amelia said:

---

Many people have chosen to remove themselves from my company due to my abrasive demeanour. The rest I have removed myself due to some perceived slight or (more often) because I'm afraid of what the future might hold. I'm far from content with my solitude.

I used to be on this site as a different user, and while people are often different online than in real life, your comments have never given me the impression of your being unpleasant in any way (quite the opposite in fact)

I understand that disconnecting from people is easier than dealing with disappointment and heartbreak :(

Amelia said:
Cavey said:
Amelia said:
Cavey said:
Amelia said:

---

I used to be on this site as a different user, and while people are often different online than in real life, your comments have never given me the impression of your being unpleasant in any way (quite the opposite in fact)

I understand that disconnecting from people is easier than dealing with disappointment and heartbreak :(

It's nice of you to say so. I'm not intentionally portraying myself differently on the Internet, but communicating over a text based medium gives me the time needed to adequately articulate my thoughts and feelings without becoming overwhelmed.

In the real world, I tend to just bark out whatever crosses my mind. I usually come across as extremely blunt and aggressive. It also depends upon whether you have the ability to hurt me or not. I don't know anyone here personally, so they have no ability to hurt me - if they upset me in some way then I just block them and move on rather than getting involved in a pointless argument ;)

So... you are a former forum member? Aren't we all? I do sometimes wonder if it's the same 15 people signing up over and over again :D

I feel like the invisible woman most days. No one would notice me missing unless dinner wasn't on the table at six and no one had any clean laundry.

For some reason, reading that has made me feel worse not better.

I've been slowly scraping together bits and pieces of all the knowledge I just didn't get naturally over the years about dating to try and figure out what to do, and how to stop accidentally setting myself up for failure by doing all the wrong things. I feel like I could almost write a book, but I wouldn't want to write a book on this stuff, I just want to get it over with at this point. But I feel like it's too little too late. There isn't anyone good left anymore, and I feel too tired to be confident enough or cool enough for anyone anyway.

I hope that someday, I will become the silent one. One who only speaks when spoken to. One whose words are always wise. One who doesn't initiate anything and instead just floats along. And perhaps then I won't feel like such a jerk who always says the wrong things.

ladyforsaken said:
BreakingtheGirl said:
First post after.... a while. Sorry I've been MIA. Got into a bad wreck in Dec, had to be hospitalized & had to do physical therapy. I was just sick of everything in my life & just quit all social media. Things have gotten worse since then, but I'm coping a bit better than months prior. Only good thing so far is I have a job I enjoy doing, even though it's minimum wage & part time....but whatever. A few hours a day to focus on work rather than my life is good enough for now. Didn't think I'd be in this place in life, now at 30, but it is what it is.

Hey you, nice to see you back here. Sorry to read about your ordeal though glad to hear you're coping a bit better!

It is what it is indeed. We just keep going is what we can do. Hope things start to take a turn for the better for you. *hug*

Thanks LadyF. Been needing a hug all day. *big hugs*

Latest posts

Back