What are you thinking right now?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Tehkays said:
You'd think after working in retail this long, my reaction would have been different than the one I had this morning when I saw they sent me pumpkin spice coffee creamer already.

My place has received Christmas-themed candles and air freshener sprays already.  Maybe next week we'll receive Valentine's Day decor.  ;)

TheRealCallie said:
Richard_39 said:
Next one who tells me what I should do, I'm Pedigree-ing his ass through a table.

You really should do that.  :D

Well, it would end a long debate I've had for a long time with some friends of mine, on which wrestling moves actually work well in an actual fight vs not. I know a clothesline and a few others work well, but Pedigree, Stone Cold Stunner, Chokeslam? I for one always wanted to try a legit Oklahoma Slam on cement ;-)

Richard_39 said:
TheRealCallie said:
Richard_39 said:
Next one who tells me what I should do, I'm Pedigree-ing his ass through a table.

You really should do that.  :D

Well, it would end a long debate I've had for a long time with some friends of mine, on which wrestling moves actually work well in an actual fight vs not. I know a clothesline and a few others work well, but Pedigree, Stone Cold Stunner, Chokeslam? I for one always wanted to try a legit Oklahoma Slam on cement ;-)

You dont think the stink face would be effective?

[Youtube]gAGGS4pHFFI[/youtube]

kamya said:
You dont think the stink face would be effective?

[Youtube]gAGGS4pHFFI[/youtube]

Sadly (Or thankfully lol), that's not one of the ones I can actually test.
More cheeseburgers required ;-)

Richard_39 said:
Sadly (Or thankfully lol), that's not one of the ones I can actually test.
More cheeseburgers required  ;-)

[Youtube]kQhUDiXQLuo[/youtube]

I always had a soft spot for mr socko.

AHA!

See, the Mandible Claw is an entirely different one. Not that many people know the Claw was actually (rumor has it, I've never verified, but Mick tells it so) invented by an actual doctor who turned to wrestling and concentrated his efforts on something that would legitimately incapacitate an opponent (this was at a time when wrestling needed to look real, not the fuzzy lalaland we have today). Thus was born the Mandible Claw. That supposedly DOES work. So no testing required ;-)

reynard_muldrake said:
Tehkays said:
You'd think after working in retail this long, my reaction would have been different than the one I had this morning when I saw they sent me pumpkin spice coffee creamer already.

My place has received Christmas-themed candles and air freshener sprays already.  Maybe next week we'll receive Valentine's Day decor.  ;)

Isn't that the worst? I noticed when I was in Costco this weekend that they had Christmas ribbon already.

When someone finds the switch to unknow something we already know would they share the knowledge please.

My 16 year old stepson's therapist wants to speak with me on his next appointment. He came out to the lobby and wanted to make sure I'd be with him on the next visit. Just before they walked up, his therapist said something to him along the lines of...it's not that I don't believe you..it's that not everyone I see always tells the truth.
I imagine he's made up more of his fantastical, but untrue stories for his therapist and perhaps the therapist isn't buying them. At least that's what I gather from his comment to my stepson as he was approaching me. Ugh.

On a brighter note, (sort of) there was a lady sitting behind me a few rows back. She was obviously upset (She was crying and I didn't want to turn around and gawk at her). I heard her on the phone, telling her mother that she was so tired of working all the time and couldn't even buy food or put gas in her car. She asked her mom if she had a few dollars to loan her until Friday. Mom had no money until Friday either. I risked a glance over my shoulder. The woman (probably in her mid 30's) was wearing a food service industry uniform of some sort. She thanked her mom and hung up, still crying. She had a teen with her - I assume he was being seen by a therapist - and he was visibly upset also. She called her mom back and was talking to her again...still crying, worried about having gas to get to work this week.
I'd been hanging onto some cash (I generally don't carry cash) to pay for something I'd been ogling for a couple of months. I reached into my wallet and pulled out the $50. I walked over to the lady and handed her the money and softly told her I wanted her to have it. I was trying to be quiet, so as not to draw any attention. Well, the lady seemed overjoyed and started (loudly) how a lady just handed her $50. I got red faced and patted her back and walked back to my seat. The lady hung up with her mom and came over and asked if she could hug me. I stood up and said of course. We hugged and then the receptionist  came over  and said she didn't have any money, but wanted to give her a hug. About that time, the therapist called them back. She thanked me, with tears in her eyes, and said, "God will always provide." Then she went into the back. The other patient who was checking out had witnessed the exchange. She said when she heard the lady tell her mom that someone is given her money, she got chills on her arms. She said she was thankful that there were still good people in the world.
I felt both good and sad at the same time. I was able to help her a little, but sad to think that she probably wont have enough resources to care for her family.
I suppose a tiny hand up is better than nothing, but wish I could have done more.
I don't make a habit of giving money to strangers, but on occasion, I feel strongly compelled to help. It was one of those days.

I'm drinking tea out of a Peppa Pig sippy cup and somehow it makes me feel optimistic about my day.

Latest posts

Back