What are you thinking right now?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Cavey said:
I'm thinking about what a terrible 6 weeks it's been.

Firstly, a pipe in the bathroom sprang a leak and flooded my kitchen ruining the cupboards.

Right after getting that fixed up, my washing machine basically exploded... and flooded my kitchen. Cue buying another with more money I don't have.

Still, things will get better right? Nope... a couple of days after that my laptop finally gave up the ghost.

It could be worse. Someone could've died... which they did the very next day. My nana who has been there for me my entire life and never lived more than a mile away died suddenly. It basically shut me down for a week during which we had to clear her entire rented property of everything. Painful.

Right around the funeral, the pump on my boiler died and shut down my central heating leaving me in a freezing cold house and with another massive bill.

Two days after that my dad got rushed into hospital with an undiagnosed heart problem and he's got to have surgery on Friday.

Yesterday, a pipe froze and burst... the plumber came and half sorted it but cannot fully repair it until Friday, cue another huge bill and no drinking water.

I guess I've got no choice other than to keep on keeping on, but sometimes it's difficult not to feel like you're the punchline to some cosmic joke. Sigh. I'm still not going to let it ruin my Christmas.

Sorry to hear that you're going through all of that Cavey. Hopefully everything goes well with your dad and things start to look up from here on.

^ sorry that you're having such a hard time, Cavey. Hope your dad's surgery goes well. Hang in there.

Cavey said:

Firstly, a pipe in the bathroom sprang a leak and flooded my kitchen ruining the cupboards.

Right after getting that fixed up, my washing machine basically exploded... and flooded my kitchen. Cue buying another with more money I don't have.

Still, things will get better right? Nope... a couple of days after that my laptop finally gave up the ghost.

It could be worse. Someone could've died... which they did the very next day. My nana who has been there for me my entire life and never lived more than a mile away died suddenly. It basically shut me down for a week during which we had to clear her entire rented property of everything. Painful.

Right around the funeral, the pump on my boiler died and shut down my central heating leaving me in a freezing cold house and with another massive bill.

Two days after that my dad got rushed into hospital with an undiagnosed heart problem and he's got to have surgery on Friday.

Yesterday, a pipe froze and burst... the plumber came and half sorted it but cannot fully repair it until Friday, cue another huge bill and no drinking water.

I guess I've got no choice other than to keep on keeping on, but sometimes it's difficult not to feel like you're the punchline to some cosmic joke. Sigh. I'm still not going to let it ruin my Christmas.

I get you, man. Trust me I do.
E-hug. Keep on trucking. Tomorrow is another day.

Cavey said:

Sorry to hear what you're going through. Wish you and your dad the best!

Didn't know that I could be arrested for sexual molestation and pedophilia if I am asleep and my foot touches a woman's shoulder.

It's kind of exciting at the moment. I'm far from finished, but i got alot done so far. I still have some time left, and this should be the last. It's good that i did this. Now to finish it.

Thanks for the kind words, but I was just venting. I'll be fine... always am ;)

M_also_lonely said:
Didn't know that I could be arrested for sexual molestation and pedophilia if I am asleep and my foot touches a woman's shoulder.

well you can be arrested sure, but it would be up to a prosecuting lawyer to prove that you did it for the purposes of sexual gratification

I'm thinking about New South Wales railway route signalling, and how, because it follows British practice and not US practice, it is superior to Victorian speed signalling. I'm also thinking about steam locomotive wheel arrangements, and drooling over the 0-6-0.

Not a slight against US signalling though. You guys have some kickarse stuff.

DarkSelene said:
What's the difference from victorian speed signalling? (also what is that)

You'd need a spare couple of hours.  Just think pretty colourful lights that make the trains go.  Otherwise, it is quite in depth, and railway people from New South Wales and Victoria will virtually come to blows over it,  Best not go there.  :)

I'm sorry I'm turning into a stranger more than anything. I'm still me, I'm still here though and I still think of everyone. I'm just ... burned out at the moment. I don't know what's going to happen. :\

Cavey said:
I guess I've got no choice other than to keep on keeping on, but sometimes it's difficult not to feel like you're the punchline to some cosmic joke.

I know, right? Sigh.

*hugs* hang in there. Sorry to hear about your dad, I hope he pulls through strong. My positive thoughts and wishes sent his way.

A tiny bit of understanding from people who are supposed to care would make the world of difference.

Jently said:
A tiny bit of understanding from people who are supposed to care would make the world of difference.

Ain't that the truth.
I wish it was true for everyone.

These fidget spinners are literally useless. How did people figure that they helped kids concentrate... It takes more concentration to keep it going than they could apply to school work or anything. Why was this crap even a fad?

Latest posts

Back